on 22 February 2014
I bought this to use with a new Android TV box. The first unit that came broke immediately - the power switch stopped working, and the unit wouldn't switch on. I contacted Amazon to return it, and they told me to throw it away, and that they'd refund me (which they have done).

Ordered a second unit. Power switch works OK on this one. Unfortunately, the Android box doesn't seem to see it at all, although it works fine on my desktop PC (although I don't need it there!).

When I tried it with the PC, the i10 seemed to work quite well, although I wouldn't want to use it for any length of time. If I can get it to work with the Android box, it'll be just what I need for the occasional web address or search.

I've tried to get some help from the seller, but it seems to be impossible to contact them (I think because this is "Fulfilled by Amazon"). Amazon advised me to contact the manufacturer, BrandBase.

I've emailed BrandBase, but not had a response yet (more than 2 days so far). I'll update this when they respond.

(On dismantling the broken first unit, it looks like a small piece of plastic has broken off between the actual internal switch and the external slider that you use to turn it on/off.)

EDIT (27th Feb '14): It's now been just over a week since I emailed BrandBase. No reply yet.

EDIT (6th Mar '14): Over 2 weeks since my first email to BrandBase. No reply. Sent a second email a week ago - also no reply. Awful customer service.
on 20 March 2014
Device used with the Rikomagic RKM MK802IV -(description : a USB type Android PC device with a HDMI output)

Positive points -
Very easy to setup, just plugged the USB transmitter into the RKM and it detected the k\b device and worked.
Built in lithium battery and has standard USB charging.
Has a built in Laser pointer and space in the unit to store it's wifi sub transmitter.

Something to be aware of for wifi range.
The transmission range from the usb transmitter to the keyboard was poor to start with , symptoms included Mouse and keyboard stuttered and stopped with little range.
However after reading a few technical forums on this sort of thing I found that the issue was related to the poor shielding of the RKM device. the work around was to connect a usb extension cable from the RKM usb port to the keyboard transmitter, this solved the range problem.

Negative points.
Device is small - (barely the length of a average hand) Which in itself is not a bad thing but the buttons are small and a little fiddly if using the Shift\Function keys a lot.

Charging the battery - Quick via USB cable but with caveats such as don't over charge as it shortens battery life, making it difficult to just leave it alone on charge when not in use.
on 17 January 2013
We bought this to use when accessing Internet on our Smart TV, as it was too clunky to use the TV remote and on-screen keyboard. Its transmitter sits in one of the TV's USB ports; the keyboard, itself, is USB rechargeable. It does the job - not perfect, but that's the fault of the TV rather than the mini-keyboard. We think of it as another remote control as it is not much bigger than one. It required no set-up.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2013
I have to confess that at the price I wasn't expecting much from this, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I bought this, primarily, for my media centre which runs XBMC on top of a Linux (Debian) system. The device worked out of the box with no configuration needed, even the function keys worked perfectly. The trackpad was a lot more responsive than I expected it to be, very useful indeed. Personally I have no problems with the keys, they are adequately sized to allow usability but at the same time keeping it compact enough so that it doesn't look out of place with the other remote controls (the keys are considerably bigger than my touchscreen qwerty keyboard on my Android phone). The USB dongle is small and well hidden as well as working well from the opposite side of the room. Overall I'm very happy with the product and would highly recommend it to anybody with a smart TV or media centre who is looking for a replacement remote control.
on 21 December 2013
Its small size fits well in a living room environment. The keys have a decent click feel to them and the mouse pad works great. I have good signal reponce at around four metres even with the receiving end in amongst the interference from TV and sound units. Quality is as good as could be asked for at this price points and a single charge of the battery is still going strong after 50 hours of heavy use. One down side is it not directly aimed at android which I use it for so has no home and back buttons mapped out of the box. Very pleased overall
on 27 January 2014
Not used this with anything else other than my Android TV box. Works much much much better than the one that came with my TV box. Holds its connection well, has a sleep mode when not used, but a double tap on any of the keys will wake it up. Range is good, we have a medium sized living room and i use this about 3 metres away from the box with no issues.
Response is quick. Cannot comment on the additional functionality of the keyboard as haven't used them. The trackpad, letters all work fine with minimal lag.
on 17 January 2014
This is an excellent little wireless keyboard!

They keys aren't too small and its easy to type on. OK I'm not writing a novel on it, just doing some internet searches on my smart tv. The mouse can be a little over sensitive at time, but in fairness I'm being lazy and not turning the sensitivity down in the tv settings.

I particularly love the way the wireless transmitter slots neatly in to the bottom of the keyboard for easy and safe transport when its not in use!
on 30 December 2014
Bought this to use with my raspberry pi as I have had a variety of these keyboards and haven't really liked the keyboard layout as the mouse buttons tend to be under the scroll pad making it awkward to to scroll and click. With the mouse buttons off to the left side it makes it easier as a two handed keyboard.
Apart from that all the other keys are well laid out and the battery life is very good.
on 28 November 2013
This is a brilliant peace of electronics, for a start I bought it to use with my smart TV and found it is smaller than the remote that came with the TV and fits perfectly in the hand. All controls are there all to hand and very easy to use and understand, its almost like holding a mini laptop !

I couldn't recomend it too highly.....Again "Brillliant"
on 4 December 2013
Needed a better controller for the android box i bought which connects to my tv and turns it into a smart tv. The one that comes with the tv box is complete rubbish and this is excellent. Ignore the people who havent a clue what they are saying as this is a excellent keyboard/mouse controller.