Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This toothbrush is designed to be used in the exact same way as a traditional manual toothbrush and it works - my teeth feel clean after using it but NOT as clean as when using an oscillating electric toothbrush head.

The handle is chunkier and heavier than usual and the battery life is seriously impressive and the motor is VERY powerful. All Oral-B Professional Care brush heads are interchangeable with this handle and that, ultimately, is the best thing about it. Use it with an oscillating head and, given the seriously poweful motor, it works so much BETTER than a bog standard Oral-B handle.

The wireless SmartGuide is easy to set up and acts as both a useful bathroom clock and timer. The brush beeps every 30 seconds as a reminder to change quadrants and it continues working after the standard 2 minutes. There are a number of cleaning options, but the standard 'Daily Clean' option should cover most people's needs.

In summary, use this with an oscillating head and you have the perfect electric toothbrush and, should you prefer it, you can use it with TriZone heads.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 December 2012
To be completely honest, this purchase was a big disappointment. I am not saying that the brush itself is in any way inferior, far from it; build quality, as you would expect from Braun, is very good indeed. My dissatisfaction stems from the sudden realisation after un-boxing it that I had paid nearly eighty pounds for a standard electric toothbrush, which comes packaged with a separate gimmicky electronic clock incorporating a timer mechanism and smiley face which displays if you are using the product correctly or, a frown if you aren't. Apart from that, the toothbrush itself is no better and no worse than Braun's lower-end-of-the-market, Professional Care/Precision Clean model that can also be purchased through Amazon for nineteen GBP, which, incidentally, I bought, subsequently and, thus far, is proving to be every bit as good as its expensive stablemate.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It makes a pleasant change to receive an electrical product that isn't from the Far East and the fact this is made in Germany, inspires a certain amount of confidence that this is a well-engineered and well-thought out product.

Certainly the impression you get on opening the box, is that everything has been thought of and covered off, in this package. There is ample documentation, an additional year on the guarantee if you register (taking it up to 3 years) and you even get two sets of Duracell batteries for the Smart Guide - no expense spared!

I have owned Braun electric toothbrushes before and have always found them to be the best and this is certainly a "top of the range" model - but whether you find all the additions useful or not, is probably down to personal preference.

The main addition is the Smart Guide, which could be seen as superfluous, but does give you additional information about what is going on - graphical icons for the different modes selected and allows you to time how long you are brushing.

The Smart Guide is a separate unit, with a large (if basic) display screen, that sits on a shelf or which can be attached to a wall using the two-sided adhesive pads provided. It links wirelessly to your toothbrush and this connection was very easy to get going. This allows you to set up programmes via the controls on the toothbrush while the SmartGuide gives you visual cues and stops the toothbrush with short delays at times to change over.

The other big difference for me, is that the toothbrush unit is heavier and it has a larger battery, which allows it to be used for longer. I also liked the fact that the toothbrush has a Charge Indicator on the handle - so you know when it's running low and when it's full. Previous Braun electric toothbrushes I have owned, have lacked this feature and it's very useful. The initial charge does seem to take forever, but in the long run, this seems to be an improvement.

Other notable features are the warning light that comes on if you are applying too much pressure on your teeth and the new style "TriZone" heads - you get two with this package and they can be stored with others in the neat unit that sits on the charger. You also get a large translucent plastic travel case, which can also hold a couple of spare brush heads.

The TriZone heads are longer than the normal Braun circular heads and I have tried them for a few days now and they do seem to get your teeth cleaner - it is a noticable difference. They get in all the small gaps and do a better job of reaching awkward places. I found them uncomfortable at first - stiffer and more awkward in your mouth. But I have decided to persist, as the results do seem to be better. You can always swap heads and go back to your preferred style at any time.

Overall, I think this is a high quality package and as good as you can get for this kind of thing. However, I am not sure the SmartGuide is really worth its inclusion. It's certainly a "nice to have" - but not essential. The visual presentation is a novelty, but once you are used to the toothbrush, I'm not sure how often you would glance at it and stick to what it tells you. After a few days, I use it more as a time check than anything else.

If you like this kind of thing though and are prepared to pay for the top of the range, then this really can't be faulted on quality.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 11 October 2014
I bought it in July and it already does not hold it charge for more than a couple of uses even though it had been fully charged before use. I can't even find a way of letting Amazon know as there is no contact details to report the defect! I probably will avoid purchasing such a product on line again due to this.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I own and have reviewed a Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000. In essence the electronics & mechanism behind the Braun Oral-B TriZone SmartSeries 5000 is the same as far as I can tell. What you get with the TriZone is a quite different sensation on the teeth and a brushing action that more closely resembles a manual toothbrush.

As I had found it quite difficult to adjust to using this the Triumph at first, this brush makes a pleasant alternative.

As for the Triumph, I have gradually learned to appreciate what it is doing and the feeling of thorough cleanliness that results if you submit to the power of the two-minute smiley face! The timer is a very good feature both in encouraging good practice and giving you a splash-proof clock for the bathroom!

My main criticism of the brush, which I levelled also at the Triumph, is the battery which takes a long time to fully charge and doesn't seem to hold charge particularly well. As we don't have a shaver point in the bathroom it's also a bit of a pain finding somewhere to plug it in which doesn't seem to be a problem for the cheaper toothbrushes using standard rechargeable batteries (for which of course you can have spare batteries for immediate use). Fortunately, the heads are interchangeable so I can now have one brush on the go and one charging!

From what I can tell, used properly it does a very good job of brushing teeth but at the costlier end of the market I think its battery management could be better.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 26 April 2014
I've owned this toothbrush for almost a year now and haven't looked back!

Previously I had used a manual toothbrush and had never used an electric brush. Having used it now, I'd never move back to a manual brush. The clean feeling after using the brush is fantastic. The brush has multiple modes such as standard clean, massage and whitening. Each adjust the pressure and motion of the heads. The brush will also light up red when you are applying too much pressure. The wireless timer/clock also shows a sad face if too much pressure is applied. The wireless timer also displays the time when the brush is not in use - changing to a timer which provides a star for each 30-seconds of brushing completed (you are meant to spend 30-seconds on each quadrant of your mouth - the brush will also pause briefly to indicate 30-seconds have passed). There is also an icon depicting the current brushing mode. This kit also comes with a useful travel case. There is an included charger with the standard 2-pin shaver socket plug. Brushing, as you should, for two minutes twice a day the battery lasts about eight to ten days. Not bad.

Overall I'm very impressed and love the clean feeling on my teeth. BUT... I bought this on a Lightning Deal for about £50 - the RRP is £200. I'd never have paid RRP for this but am delighted with the product at the price I paid. Replacement heads are a little pricey but I usually buy these on a deal too! If this product was to fail tomorrow, I'd replace it with the same brush if I could get a good deal but would likely but a cheaper model without the smart timer and multiple modes should this model only be available at high price.

Pros

+ Great clean feeling
+ Multiple cleaning modes
+ Included travel case
+ Wireless timer
+ Decent battery life
+ Pressure indicator

Cons

- High RRP
- Replacement heads can be pricey
on 24 November 2013
Firstly i was so used to manual brushes that i was afraid to use electric but i have to say they are right - the more you use it the better the clean. I use the precision clean heads and have found an amazing improvement however it depends how you use it. Ive learnt to use it vertically for the front teeth and horizontally for the back teeth. Also a tip ive learnt is to curve it around your teeth slightly as teeth arent flat it helps in between teeth but you still have to floss, i learnt curving from the internet videos on how to use it. It does take practice though!

I have found my teeth feel so clean and my mouth better and the brush heads are much better at reaching all places than manuals. The time really helps as its hard to judge 2-3 minutes and the pressure sensor is a huge advantage especially if you are or think you brush too hard although ive found i wasnt pushing as hard as i thought i was its hard to judge that either. Used in the right way and technique it certainly removes more plaque although i am not so sure on the trizone heads feel a bit rough for me. I have very odd teeth too as many of our teeth arent perfect and my curve everywhere so you can imagine its a nightmare to clean. Plus mine are very tightly packed and i think i might invest in an air floss by Philips as flossing is time consuming. I find using interdental brushes were hurting my lower inside gums as it wasnt coming through right but are generally excellent and floss string is fiddly so anything making a process easier is worth the money and investment.

I would recommend this brush and it saves in the long run and manuals just arent as effective require more effort especially for me with neurological problems and manual brushes dont reach the areas.
on 30 December 2012
We recently purchased this as part of Amazon's lighting deals, one of the better offers I have to say as we've been interested in this toothbrush for some time now due to the rave reviews, however, were reluctant to fork out anywhere from £80-£150 for it.

It takes absolutely forever to charge initially, however, from what I can see from other reviews when it's fully charged, it should hopefully provide about 10 days use so I suppose it balances out.

The design of the brush itself is good, feels very comfortable in your hand and is well made. Although the timer and "smiley" face are as a lot of people have commented "gimmicky" I quite like this feature as when in a rush, it can be all too easy to cut the recommended 2-3 minutes brushing time short, resulting in a not so good clean. I'm not sure if it's because you're concentrating on one section of your mouth at a time, but the minutes fly by as opposed to a manual brushing.

I normally go through one toothbrush every two weeks as I lean very heavily. This brush warns you if you're doing so and so far I've managed to avoid excess pressure on the brush head as I'm more conscious that this is an expensive piece of machinery and not an item bought from the £1 shop!

Having had an old electric toothbrush in the past which did a pretty good job, going back to manual, then using this new brush, well, excuse the pun but it really is like a breath of fresh air! I'm sure that there will be cheaper models out there that do just as great a job so really it's just a matter of personal choice and how much you're willing to spend. All in all though, really pleased with this purchase though I don't think we would have bought it any time soon at the current £80 price tag.
on 5 December 2012
Ordered this and it arrived next day under Prime membership. I managed to get it through a special Monday Lightening Deal so paid less than usual for it. In fact, it cost less than my previous brush cost but does a whole lot more!

Very pleased with it. Before this I used a sonic electric toothbrush and it took some getting used to.., was never anything but unpleasant to use. This toothbrush is quite complicated (i.e. has a range of different brushing regimes depending on what you want to acheive) but it isn't really complicated to use and does not need 'getting used to' like the Sonic brush I had. I was fine with the sensation immediately.

My son, who has Aspergers normally finds things like this difficult to use, but he managed to use this with ease. I also found it cleaned a lot of the debris from in between teeth so minimal flossing required. I have quite sensitive teeth, but this brush on general brushing settings did not affect them at all.

I haven't used the guide yet due to a lack of time. To get full use of this toothbrush I think will take a bit of time, but I was perfectly able to use it this morning without spending half an hour reading instructions. I guess its as difficult as you want to make it. My teeth still feel nice and clean five hours later even though I know I need to practice my technique a bit.

Very impressed.

Update: I have now been using this for months and its still going strong. I particularly like how it tells you how much battery charge is left so you don't suddenly find it needs a recharge and have to use a manual brush first thing in the morning.
on 14 January 2013
I love this toothbrush.
never really got on with previous electric toothbrushes, buy this one is great.
just like the manual kind but electric.
i found that i use this longer than the 2 minutes as required and get great results for it.
cleaning is simple and the various modes are great. sensitive mode is good. it has a gentler brush and the pressure sensor changes to a gentle pressure too
plus the price was amazing top of the range for a third of the price.
thanks amazon