Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PC DVD)
Platform: PCEdition: Nuketown 2025 EditionChange
Price:£14.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 6 January 2013
Son prefers this PC version - better graphics, and quicker he says better than on Xbox or other formats.

Also recieved very quickly after order in xmas busy period.
on 2 January 2013
I would give it 5 stars but it's got too much story telling in the campaign. You just get going and it starts again - just like Black-ops one. But the on-line options are brill and numerous so it counter acts the campaign problem. As I have every COD game from COD2 I suppose I am biased but it does deserve 4stars.
on 8 December 2012
The production is good, but it doesn't compete with MW3. I find the "Future" weapons more fustrating than standard weapons.
on 1 January 2013
hahahahahahaha,its a very good product, my brother and I all want to play it every day and it gives me happiness.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This game let me down quite a bit.
First off the story. It was rambling all over the place. The cinematics were plentiful but still didn't make a lot of sense. It was just a badly told story via the cinematics.
Secondly the gameplay. There was no major advance in the graphics engine. It looked like they tool the old Black Ops engine and used that. They have put a load of new guns and thing into the game but apart from that and the drones/robots it really feels like someone polished the Black Ops game and added some new bits. This could so easily have been a DLC update for £9.99 rather than passing it off as a completely new game. There's are one or two bits like the bat wing suits and the squirrel suits which feature ion a lot of trailers but you do very little whiole using them and you only get to use them once so it's not really that much fun.
Finally ... The extra modes of the game like Zombie mode. This is really dire. It plays like something from 5 years ago. You'll play this a few times and then forget all about it.
It took me 7 hours to complete this and I'm not particularly fast or good. I can imagine if you're a teenager and your reflexes are good you can havehave the whole game done much faster. Skip the cinematics and play it on easy and I doubt there's more than 4 hours of game play here.
Bit miffed. Bought HALO4 so we'll see if that's much better in terms of longevity.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 20 December 2012
Bought this game just for Zombie, and it was a huge disappointment. The hole control feels nothing like Zombies from Black Ops 1. The New game modes are okay, but there is fire everywhere that makes your screen go red, the maps are also to foggy in my opinion and worse, there are just 2-3 thousand players online. Getting 7 other good players togehter for one game is nearly impossible.

The worst part is, once activated in your steam account, you can not resell this game.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 August 2013
I had heard so many good things about this game but all I can say is I was dissatisfied.

In the first Black Ops they removed the 'quick-scoping' aspect of the COD franchise which I was extremely pleased about and which also made it my favourite call of duty.

However, sadly, they have brought it back and the multiplayer is once again boring and repetitive.
This is because there are so many 'noobs' running round the maps doing this, essentially making the game unplayable.

However, on a performance note, this game is very well optimised and runs well on most low-end builds, (mine being high end getting roughly 80 FPS on max settings.

Overall. Another same old call of duty with ultimately no purpose but to waste your time. Call of Duty was made a simple game and the to so-called 'creators' of the game earn millions of dollars for what is essentially tweaking a opulent of minor aspects of an already boring game. For example: slightly modifying the way the weapon sways on the screen when sprinting. Apparently that's good enough for some people!
on 24 December 2012
The game is pretty good if u like the CoD series.
Nothing special with the graphic or with the sound (except that is support the new FSAA antialiasing form) but they r overall good.
No physics at all as always.
The pro r that is quick, is always CoD but make people play a little more togheter, is the title of the series with the most personalization options. they r evrywhere for everything.
The cons r that the menu have a bad Ui so is not easy to understand how to personalize ur stuff, the maps r all made for SMG (dlc incoming ofc), zombie r heavy lmited and most fo times empty server (another dlc for that).

Talking about config, ping, lag etc... mmm.. u cant do nothing. they r heavy locked and if u try to change something u get banned. btw the game is fluid on every pc configuration, and if u have an ADSL connection not ISDN one u will not have problem the most of times.

hope to help u guys.

bb
on 4 June 2013
The product was delivered very quickly within 3 working days and it was not damaged and it was brand new. The steam code that is used to activate it worked, showing it was new, which is a relief as the steam jeys of preowned games do not work.
The game itself is great, it is completely different from the other Call of Dutys (if you like that) and the futuristic setting is great in this game. However, if you have a very slow Internet connection or a really slow computer, this may not be for you, as the game is best with a good connection, and it will not perform as well on a less powerful computer.
I am giving it 5 stars based on the fact that it runs well for me, and the game is brilliant in my opinion, I also have it for Xbox and it is a lot better on here so if you are considering switching from console to pc then I suggest you start here.
If I had a less powerful computer, and a slower Internet connection then I would probably rate it lower than 5 stars
on 9 December 2012
Im a big fan of FPS games and have been since a very "VERY" young age. I was expecting big things when this game came out because the first game title "Black Ops 1" was so amazing and had everything PC gamers and FPS shotters needed.

But not this game. This game lacks alot of disapointment for anyone who was a fan of dedicated servers(PC). Even the gameplay is crap. It feels like its an arcade game at its best and by that i mean you dont need to aim down your sights(ADS) to kill someone as there is no recoil on any of the weapons. This game is a very big mistake for PC players.."""STAY AWAY IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISAPOINTED!""

Only 1 good thing about this game is the new Zombies game modes. Its to much to explain in this review but nothing youtube cant handle.

Other than that dont go near it. Crap game and i will not be buying anymore COD games if they keep making them like this. (MW2, MW3, BO2)

...................stay away!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...