on 19 December 2012
This keyboard is perfect for anyone like me who has to accompany singers at various venues. It is extremely lightweight, easy to set up and dismantle, and has an excellent range of tones. For its size the quality of sound and the volume are surprising. Highly recommended as a portable instrument.
on 29 December 2012
I bought this keyboard for my 12 year old grand-daughter for Christmas, as she has for some time mentioned wanting to learn keyboards. We have found the Casio CTK-240 AD to be an excellent choice both for the absolute beginner, as well as budding keyboard player. It is a well made fully contained instrument, and has a great sound. It is packed with all the features you need to make this both a serious instrument, as well as very entertaining to play. Its features include: full size keyed, fully polyphonic keyboard with split-keyboard facility; really good range of sounds including organ, piano, brass and string instruments: great range of preset rhythms, as well as a good library of popular tunes which you can play along to, or improvise. It also came with a free on-line tuition guide for the beginner. A great instrument for kids and adults alike!
on 23 February 2013
I love this keyboard loads! It came quicker than expected and had no delivery damage done. It's a great quality product and I spend hours on it learning new songs. It also came with a song book with easy songs to learn inside. Overall 10/10, amazing!
on 8 March 2015
I had wanted to learn piano for a year or so after my Grandma had taught me a couple of pieces so I asked my aunt for a keyboard for xmas, and this is what she gabe me. From the moment it was out of the box I was amazed how light this was and how easy to set up it was. I was also amazed at the number of tones, songs and rythums that Casio had provided. I was able to use it straight away as it came with an x stand so that was a bonus. I would definitely recommend this keyboard to anyone wishing to play piano or just to learn on as the keys feel great. I gave it 4 stars because dirt can easily get between the contacts and keys which makes them unplayable if there is too much dirt. This was easily fixed with a can of compressed air. The only thing I would moan about this piano is that there are not many keys which limits you a bit, but this was bought for me so I had no choice of key number. Also, the provided music stand is just a metal frame which makes pieces of music able to fall through easily (as shown in the picture). Also, the groove is a little shallow for music to put on.
review image review image
on 19 May 2013
A lovely keyboard with just the right feel on the keys.
Well worth the money. Would recommend this to anyone taking up the piano but like me hasn't the room for a full size one.
on 28 November 2015
I have this keyboard, admittedly purchased from elsewhere. I bought it because I wanted the smallest keyboard possible that wouldn't be too fiddly to play a melody and chord accompaniment to demonstrate voice parts for a choir. Having reasonable sized keys ( are they really full size? ) and a shallow design was a real plus over the other ones available. The small dimensions means it lacks power so it's best to hook it up to another speaker...IF you can stand the predictable '8 bit' sounds this is obviously going to produce! If are ok with that, any musician or artist with decent skills will be able to make something cool with this synth. Just don't expect breath-taking reverb.

For someone like me trying to run a lesson though, hands down the most annoying thing is that it has a non-negotiable energy saving function, so it powers off after a minute or so of you not playing it. Of all the things in the world that would benefit from power saving, I doubt these keyboards are one of them. Turning it on again requires that you pull the slider down to off, push it up through three clicks to 'on' and wait for the lights to illuminate, and then pull it back again three clicks to its fingered position, making sure you don't accidentally go to far and turn it off again. It drives me INSANE.
on 19 August 2013
It is a fairly good keyboard most suited for begginers and kids, has a fairly good array of sounds. The only criticism is that it is not
touch sensitive. Otherwise a fairly good instrument.
on 1 October 2015
Purchased for my daughters birthday. Waste of money as she rarely uses it but the quality is good - build very good and the piano actually sounds like a piano. If you got it on offer like I did then well done but I would not pay full price for it. Easy to use and comes with instructions and a beginners songbook.
on 31 December 2015
It's great. Does exactly what I want from a keyboard. Full size keys and not too long so I can carry around with me and put away when not using. Nice tones to the keys and great that you can play chords with one hand while playing tune on right. Great for a beginner.
on 10 November 2013
Bought this at a discounted 'Lightning Deal' price rather than full price, thinking that it would make a good first keyboard for the young musical bods in our house. I checked it out online first, and there are various youtube demos of this keyboard to be found. These suggested that the sound should be adequate, so I took the plunge.
My daughter (and main user) has commented that the first tone setting gives the most natural response, but she is pleased by the range of sounds that she is able to achieve with this relatively inexpensive instrument. It is a pleasantly tactile keyboard, and is robustly constructed as far as I can tell - early days, of course. My instinct had been to hold out for a Yamaha, associating Casio with calculators, but when it comes to it I am pleased with my purchase, and would recommend this product for your consideration if you are in the market for an inexpensive and basic (in modern terms - it still has plenty of bells and whistles) keyboard. At this stage it meets my family's needs, as none of us are virtuosos!