on 29 December 2012
I bought this keyboard for my 12 year old grand-daughter for Christmas, as she has for some time mentioned wanting to learn keyboards. We have found the Casio CTK-240 AD to be an excellent choice both for the absolute beginner, as well as budding keyboard player. It is a well made fully contained instrument, and has a great sound. It is packed with all the features you need to make this both a serious instrument, as well as very entertaining to play. Its features include: full size keyed, fully polyphonic keyboard with split-keyboard facility; really good range of sounds including organ, piano, brass and string instruments: great range of preset rhythms, as well as a good library of popular tunes which you can play along to, or improvise. It also came with a free on-line tuition guide for the beginner. A great instrument for kids and adults alike!
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2012
This keyboard is perfect for anyone like me who has to accompany singers at various venues. It is extremely lightweight, easy to set up and dismantle, and has an excellent range of tones. For its size the quality of sound and the volume are surprising. Highly recommended as a portable instrument.
0Comment31 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2013
I love this keyboard loads! It came quicker than expected and had no delivery damage done. It's a great quality product and I spend hours on it learning new songs. It also came with a song book with easy songs to learn inside. Overall 10/10, amazing!
on 19 May 2013
A lovely keyboard with just the right feel on the keys.
Well worth the money. Would recommend this to anyone taking up the piano but like me hasn't the room for a full size one.
on 8 March 2015
I had wanted to learn piano for a year or so after my Grandma had taught me a couple of pieces so I asked my aunt for a keyboard for xmas, and this is what she gabe me. From the moment it was out of the box I was amazed how light this was and how easy to set up it was. I was also amazed at the number of tones, songs and rythums that Casio had provided. I was able to use it straight away as it came with an x stand so that was a bonus. I would definitely recommend this keyboard to anyone wishing to play piano or just to learn on as the keys feel great. I gave it 4 stars because dirt can easily get between the contacts and keys which makes them unplayable if there is too much dirt. This was easily fixed with a can of compressed air. The only thing I would moan about this piano is that there are not many keys which limits you a bit, but this was bought for me so I had no choice of key number. Also, the provided music stand is just a metal frame which makes pieces of music able to fall through easily (as shown in the picture). Also, the groove is a little shallow for music to put on.
review image review image
on 28 November 2015
I have this keyboard, admittedly purchased from elsewhere. I bought it because I wanted the smallest keyboard possible that wouldn't be too fiddly to play a melody and chord accompaniment to demonstrate voice parts for a choir. Having reasonable sized keys ( are they really full size? ) and a shallow design was a real plus over the other ones available. The small dimensions means it lacks power so it's best to hook it up to another speaker...IF you can stand the predictable '8 bit' sounds this is obviously going to produce! If are ok with that, any musician or artist with decent skills will be able to make something cool with this synth. Just don't expect breath-taking reverb.

For someone like me trying to run a lesson though, hands down the most annoying thing is that it has a non-negotiable energy saving function, so it powers off after a minute or so of you not playing it. Of all the things in the world that would benefit from power saving, I doubt these keyboards are one of them. Turning it on again requires that you pull the slider down to off, push it up through three clicks to 'on' and wait for the lights to illuminate, and then pull it back again three clicks to its fingered position, making sure you don't accidentally go to far and turn it off again. It drives me INSANE.
on 19 August 2013
It is a fairly good keyboard most suited for begginers and kids, has a fairly good array of sounds. The only criticism is that it is not
touch sensitive. Otherwise a fairly good instrument.
on 7 February 2013
Fantastic keyboard. Bought this for my daughter's 8 th birthday and she loves it! We all do! I used to play when I was younger so I am enjoying both her and I using it.
on 1 January 2013
We bought this for one of our granddaughters for Christmas. She s absolutely delighted. These keyboards have come a long way over the las couple of years. Excellent.
on 11 February 2014
Keyboard arrived on time and in sound condition. The tiny person for whom it was purchased has reveled in it from the outset, especially the songs (played super loud). All told, a jolly product, a fine service courtesy of Amazon and a serendipitous ending!