on 5 April 2014
I ordered this as it was stainless steel, didn't really need 6 burner, but at the price I couldn't turn it down. It was delivered about a week after purchase, on a Friday, a day earlier than stated and no warning of delivery, just luck i was home. It came as 2 separate van deliveries, one box for the stand, and the other box for the top cooker. No tracking information was available.
So i set about assembling the base unit, only to find that the left hand side had not been manufactured correctly, and had 2 blank holes where there should have been two threaded brass bushes!
With my kitchen work surfaces and floor now covered in bbq parts and boxes i had to stop, unable to progress any further. I had to shift the whole lot carefully into my garage and request a new base unit.
Easy?, well no.
I contacted Jago and lost 3 or 4 days with emails trying to explain the problem. They kept sending me forms for missing delivery and to claim off the courier. I eventually was contacted by someone who sent me a parts list asking for the part number of the faulty item. Great i thought at last progress.
I emailed off the part number and received an apology with a commitment that the new part would be delivered in 5 to 7 days !
Eventually after 5 days i received the correct part and set about assembling the base unit again. This time it went well and i begged the assistance of a friend to lift the bbq oven out of its box and onto the stand.
Came to connect the gas, I already had a propane valve and orange tube with a screw nut on the end from my previous bbq, so thought this will be a doddle.
Well no it wasn't.
It turns out this bbq has black push on stepped connector for the gas connection, NOT a screw on type.
Ok i can cut off the nut bit from my tube, buy a jubilee clip hose connector and all should be well.
Well no it wasn't.
When i came to push on my hose it wouldn't go on, too small to fit on the bbq connector. I can only assume the tube on the 'recommended propane valve' on sale at Amazon has a larger internal diameter than mine. Anyway, using some vaseline i eventually managed to squeeze it on to the first notch and fit the jubilee clip.
Turned on the gas and all 6 burner lit up. Hey Ho. Only 3 weeks from initial delivery to finished product !!

So, in summary, this is a nice BBq, with 6 burners and stainless steel housing and burners, it represents good value for the price i paid of £206 plus delivery.
I think where jago need to improve is with tracked delivery and notification of delivery day and time.
They need to improve their support department to expedite parts issues like the one i encountered. I should not have had to wait another week for the replacement part to be delivered.
So 4 stars from me, one star deducted for the problems i encountered.
NB. I then ordered the recommended BBq cover and it is excellent, covering the Bbq from top to tail with little velcro fasteners to stop it being blown off on windy days.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2013
I can't speak highly enough about this . Its great value for money. Can see these being available for very long at the price - I paid 254 GBP. Only downside is that the instructions for connecting the side burner aren't too clear for the non technical or mechanically inclined. In case it helps someone, most gas BBQ's connection to the burner is just a loose push-in that doesn't seal. Literally a smaller pipe fits into a larger one. This may seem unnatural and unsafe to many, especially as its gas. However, that is how it is supposed to be. If you tried to seal it you would find the flame burns yellow because there is not enough air able to get into the gas pipe to make it burn blue like it is supposed to.The gas wont leak out because the other end of the pipe, the burner, is not sealed and the burning gas acts like a chimney to pull all of the gas through to the burner.
You will find the copper/brass pipe from the burner which you push the silver/lead Gas control knob connector into has an adjustable sleeve so you can control how much air can get into the gas pipe to ensure it burns blue and not yellow.
on 29 June 2012
Like the last rater, I too was highly impressed with this for the money. It was about half the price of the next cheapest equivalent. I also had the odd dented part, but nothing that couldn't be pushed back into shape. Maybe that's why this was so cheap??? Anyway, it is a great buy and cooked well the first 2 times I used it.
on 21 June 2014
Seems well built and works well. As per other comments, the diagram for connecting the side burner isn't especially clear, I figured it out ok, mainly because I'd had a gas BBQ before.

Main criticism is that it isn't made clear that no hose or gas regulator is supplied. You need a reg with max 50mbar output. You can buy these with a 2m hose for under £15 from Calor's own website. Make sure you buy the right kind of regulator for the gas bottle you will be using, most folk use 'patio gas' propane (you can order your gas bottle at same time if you want)
on 24 March 2013
on 4 August 2015
The BBQ is great once you get it put together! and there lies the clue.... There is extensive component fitting for this machine which took me 4 hours and I'm competent to completing these things out. The worst part was the side pan burner - trying to attach this with the connection for the pipe work to the burner I can only describe as "impossible" this element took me nearly 3 hours to complete and still dosent connect properly with the knob to control on the wrong way round as this is the only way I could get it to fit!
The BBQ looks great when everything installed but anyone wanting to buy and start cooking straight away should start building it the day before! The supplier needs to consider pre-building the burner components and and building of these elements at home create the biggest risk. Come on Broil-Master think about your customers - this could have easily had a 5 star review if you had considered the build time and key components!
on 10 June 2013
I just bought one - great mechanically, ok to assemble, but I can not get more than 95F or 195c, any suggestions?

tooooo many burners lowers the flame size, even two burners halves the flame I just went and bought a new Gas pressure regulator (the one which takes gas from the bottle to the bbq), guess what........

It is BRILLIANT, it got to 500f in seven minutes, works perfectly - go buy one

Terrific value for money, great quality, hot as hell!

I also got a Broil Master electric spit, it needs an adaptor plug (240v) as it comes with German - two pin plug, I bought a cheap shaver adaptor. it too is solid robust and good quality, easy to assemble & clean with flexible prongs for different size "things"

My Broil Master 6+1 bbq has fairly low spit position, so limits the size of (say) a whole chicken, but its ok for a good large chicken, but does mean the "warming shelf" needs removing when the spit is in use. You could also remove the grill racks too, but it would need to a hell of large joint to warrant this. overall great bargain.
on 28 March 2014
The two boxes arrived on different days and then assembly took about 2 hours. This was problematic because the instructions were just pictures. Some of the panels were slightly damaged because the metal is so thin. The main problem however, was that the main 'box' of the BBQ was badly made and the metal strips that go over the burners didn't fit. I complained and was asked which part needed replacement but the box was not on the parts list. I therefore had to find a blacksmith to help me sort it out. This wasted several hours of my time and involved two trips to the blacksmith. I complained and was credited just £20 which I think is completely insufficient. I do not expect to have to sort out poor quality manufacture in new equipment.
I have since seen a similar BBQ in B&Q which is lower cost, much more rugged/substantial and better quality manufacture. I dare not leave the broil-master outside because it is so light and flimsy that it will blow over in the wind - needless to say, I wish I had not purchased it.
on 21 July 2012
Arrived well packed with clear instructions for assembly.Went together easily without any problems.Looks good and works really well.A good quality product and fantastic value for the money.
on 22 June 2014
i think other people have also stated this

Was unaware that the product would come in two deliveries one by DHL and one by someone else. So when only i package arrived i refused to sign for it. Construction can be a little difficult as you only have pictures to work on

However once done it is a little light so i just put a patio slab in the bottom and that sorted that, cooking is good no probs