Format: DVD|Change

on 7 October 2012
We have had the build up to the cell games now and we are highly anticipating the inevitable battle between cell and goku. Since goku and gohan have spent just under a year in training they emerged with blonde hair which builds excitement for the viewers wondering just how powerful have these two become.

I cannot go into great detail in case some people have not seen this brilliant series before but let's just say there are some epic fight scenes, some twists in the story and a few deaths. All in all its just set an awesome tempo for what the writers can do and you cannot possibly get bored with it. The final battle is my favourite of all dragon ball z fights!

The digital remaster is decent enough, I cannot complain, I just wish it would come out on blu ray already!
on 20 September 2013
It's Son Goku ... well, not really, but I do wonder what he can do with his instant teleportation...?!
The first time I watched it I was like: Oh My God.... who the heck did that crappy dub?? Seriously?? Some translations are realy realy bad and it makes my head hurt.
Otherwise, since it is such a classic, it's lovely to watch. I always think it could be worse, so this was not thaaat bad at all. I would even love it if the translations were real crap. It's Dragonball after all, right?
on 29 July 2013

on 13 May 2013
The series gets interesting in this one as cell begins his cell games to lure the Z fighters out so he can destroy them one by one. Some decent comedy moments and lots of action make it so worthwhile to watch. I heard that Dragonball Z and it's creator are the fathers of anime, although I cannot remember where I heard it from, but animes of today wouldn't be around if DBZ wouldn't have been created. Thats just my opinion, if anyone disagrees, then that is fine and I will not argue. In short, I really like this series and I cannot wait to get the rest.
on 4 March 2013
Season 6 of DBZ is now out in the UK and it is truly one of the best. It includes the whole Cell Games saga.

This Season features some of the best action and most epic moments of the whole series like Goku vs Cell, the introduction of Super Saiyan 2 and the epic kamehameha beam struggle between Gohan and Cell.

Cell decides to hold a Tournament so the Z Fighters go to it to challenge him to decide the fate of the Earth. Goku fights first (after the comedy fights with Hercule Satan and his friends) in what is one of the greatest fights of the series. Then Gohan fights Cell and turns Super Saiyan 2 and makes Cell pay for his crimes while acting like a badass the whole time. There is also the battle with the 7 Cell Jr's were all of the Z Fighters must fight. Once Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 he takes them all out easily then turns his attention to Cell.

You can watch it in English with either English or Japanese music, or Japanese with Japanese music. I would definitely recommend watching it in English with English music first. The English soundtrack is spectacular, especially in the Beam struggle scene with Gohan and Cell and all the Z Fighters trying to help Gohan out.

This saga is definitely up there with the Frieza saga as one of the best ever so if you're a DBZ fan then you need to own this.

Also I wanted to do a review on Season 5 but unfortunately Amazon mixed up the reviews with the ones for Season 5 of the US Release of the original Dragonball which I'd already reviewed so I was unable to review DBZ Season 5. I'd also recommend getting that as it too is a great Season.
on 19 June 2013
Buy it buy it noww. The epic fight of gohan and cell is a battle of historical proportians it really will have you in a knife edge. If your a DBZ fan you know what im talking about, if your not and just want to watch a fun action packed show this is the dvd for you so i would highly recommend
on 21 March 2013
I'm adding Season 6 to my collection right away! The stakes are raised in episodes 166-194, as Cell uses his new powers to chalenge Earth and the Z-Fighters. The seemingly impossible task, taking the form of a fighting tournament, is a great opportunity for some high-octane duelling action, and a perfect opportunity to introduce a mysterious new character. Dragonball Z takes me right back to the beginning of my venture into anime, and I can't wait to get my hands on this release. If you haven't seen DBZ yet, why not?! Get it on DVD while you can!
on 14 August 2014
One of the biggest amines going and has been for the better part of 25 years. This season set containing the Perfect Cell saga, packed with a lot of action.
These orange sets can get complaints from the fan base due to the aspect ratio not being 4:3 but considering the price of these sets (especially on amazon) you're get a lot of bang for your buck - the boxsets usually containing 25 - 35 episodes. On top of that these sets are uncut, uncensored.

Highly recommended
on 17 April 2014
This season of dragon ball z is by far the best, it has a ton of action and comedy mixed with a more serious undertone, and then in later episodes a much more prominant serious tone, really great emotional scenes and an apsolutly fantastic story. The whole cell games saga is included in this season and it is mainly a more action based season, not fully but definitly more than seasons 4 and 5 were. Just something to note, no drastic changes though, just continuing the story on from where season 5 left off, would recommend nto anyone with good taste.
on 30 March 2014
Oh my god! Gohans awakening! Absolutely rocked my world. If u r into dnz then do not miss an episode. Watch every episode from the start. There is alot of time wasting on all episodes. Trust me! If u r new 2 dbz don't rush it. Take it from the start n get involved. I have every dvd the saga made.I am an avid enthusiast.. Gohans awakening is the absolute best part ov the full series for me. He made me proud!