on 14 November 2012
Another pile of expensive plastic that my children NEEDED because it was essential for their Moshi collection. This is the second large item of Moshi plastic we have purchased, and whilst the HQ was not too bad, just a tad expensive for what it is, this is really bad. It comes with plenty of bits and pieces, mainly stickers, but the unit itself is not as well designed as it could be. The little catch that is supposed to keep it closed doesn't, it's almost as though it is missing a piece because the catch just slides off the edge, the unit opens and all the bits fall out. I had almost forgotten about the chimney because we have never managed to get that to click into place, the little poppers just will not flex enough to fit into the slots, so the children are disappointed that their Moshi home (that their Moshis cannot live in without falling out often) will never have a chimney.
I bought this for an upcoming Birthday along with some Moshling Figures and my Niece absolutely loves it. I personally don't see what the attraction is in Moshi Monsters but it seems like every kid either likes them or has gone through their Moshi Monster phase and has liked them in the past. I paid £14.99 for the Moshi Home I ordered and it was brand new and obviously at a very good price, I may have paid up to £20.00 for it but only because I know how much she adores them however there is no way on earth I would have paid the RRP of £39.99. In my opinion it is just a piece of flimsy and garish plastic but it's not my opinion that counts and my Niece absolutely loves it.
on 26 April 2015
have to say my 4yr old grandson was not really impressed with this house and like a lot of other customers had problems getting the chimney to fit on, both myself and my son tried and we ended up giving up, but good value for the money i paid.
on 2 January 2014
Moshi mad at the time desperate for this, mainly for the code I expect. Not great quality, plastic and the stickers don't stay brilliant, but at least this was a good price better than elsewhere. I guess if your child is a big fan of Moshi Monsters they will love it...
on 24 February 2014
My 4 year old granddaughter was really thrilled with this purchase which was a Christmas present. Like all little girls they love collectibles and then somewhere to place them and situations in which to play with them. Thus this house was perfect for her growing collection and was within my price limit for presents. Used for imaginative play as was a relatively simple toy.
on 26 October 2012
They have had hours of fun with this and it is still in one piece. However to me it looks cheaply made and flimsy. I wonder how long it will last. It is expensive for what you get but I suppose all modern toys are like it now.
on 3 January 2013
My 6yr old son is crazy about Moshi Monsters and really wanted this. I was expecting plastic tatt, but it's actually not too bad. The chimney doesn't go on properly and it's tricky to close up the house, but my son has played with it loads and the accessories and stickers are quite good.
on 5 October 2015
Item is slightly different from what the picture shows ..there is no underside to the roof !
The chimney just pushes in , theres nothing to keep it from falling out ( which it does , every time house is moved slightly )
Would have expected it to be a push in , slot down action .
The hinge on the house is not aligned , so you have to lift and then shut it ,
The cardboard floors are very flimsy and i anticipate that after a few weeks of play ..wont be of any use , they are already buckling .
However son loves it ...cos its Moshi..!!
The joy he expressed on receiving it surpassed my negative thoughts ...well for now at least !
on 1 February 2013
This toy, if it cost £9.99, would just about pass, but at £39.99, it is terribly overpriced! Cheap, flimsy, and the Chimney piece does not fit. The design of the house does not match the contents inside, and I was informed by VIVID the manufactures that the contents inside do vary as the picture was done before any were made.... The Moshi's don't really stay put and it is so easily knocked over. I will think twice before buying any Mosi or even Vivid merchandise again.
on 13 December 2012
my son wanted this for xmas so i ordered it. good job i had a look in the box before wrapping it up! this product looks like it would be broken beyond repair if i even looked at it funny. i am not a mean parent but this is not his main present and he already has a 'moshling zoo'!? so its not the end of his world if he doesnt get it. so i have decided that i will send it back and get him something better with the money. i cant spend my hard earned cash on this, it just too rubbish!