Size: 12.75 KgChange

on 17 December 2014
It's good value but I won't buy again. I watch the finches and tits spit most of it out on the ground. The pigeons don't seem to mind as I have my bird feeders over pathways. They gobble all the other birds throw away. It mostly ends up on the ground.

One of my feeders is near the BBQ which is now covered in discarded seeds.

Robins seem to like it which is a joy to watch. I will buy some seed with no wheat next time.
on 15 May 2014
Birds seem happy with this mix ,feeders empty quickly .Finches don't seem to like it ,but I put sunflower hearts out so there not going hungry ,but the long tailed tits that used to visit my garden have gone ,don't know if it's because of seed .Will buy more
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2014
My sparrows & coal tits certainly prefer this to several other types I've tried (so do the flipping jackdaws who eat what ends up on the ground).
Very little in the way of chaff or inedible particles.
on 2 July 2012
great bird seed, good mix. Only problem is the birds love it so much had to order another bag. Saved me loads against me buying it in shops, although i tend to use more as i don't have to remember to go get it. Don't be put off by the fact that it shows out of stock, it comes much quicker than you think. 12.5 kg sounds like a lot, but it is not a huge bag if your short of space.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2012
I got fed up of having to go into town just to buy wild bird food .
so I went on line and found that I could get these items at a great price but also delivered to our door .
so now I am happy and the birds are fat and happy
on 14 October 2014
There was an awful lot of wheat in this, I was finding, where as with higher grade seed mixes I am left with empty tables, I am often left with some wheat not just at the end of the day but when I returned to refill in the morning.

I'm also finding the sparrows and starlings are throwing a lot of the wheat onto the floor, messy, unhygienic and a draw for pests.

luckily I do mix my seed with other things such as suet nibbles, dried mealworms etc. so it's not as bad as it would otherwise be, but even with this I'm still getting a lot of waste.

If the birds in your garden aren't as spoilt or choosy when it comes to high wheat feeds or you have less starlings who like to demonstrate their dislike you may find this seed fine, but for me I think I'll be looking at getting another mix.
The word "standard" suggets that this feed will be at the cheaper end of the market - and the prive, which is very competitive, bears this out. Yes, there is a lot of wheat in the mix, and therfore if using in feeders there will be a lot of droppage (our greenfinches seem very skilled in spitting wheat out whilst searching for sunflower seeds!)

We do get through a lot of seed in our garden, however, and to avoid paying twice or three times per kilo for a premium product, this allows us to keep the garden well stocked at a reasonable price. No frill seed - but it does the job. (And pigeons and doves love the dropped wheat too!)

BTW, free delivery and very swift service - much appreciated.
on 31 December 2012
I GIVE THIS PRODUCT THE HIGHEST ACOLADE,ITS FIRSTCLASS WITH NO WASTE,WHATSOEVER&I WOULD RECOMMEND,THIS TO ANY WILD-BIRD LOVERS,WITH NO HESITATION.BRILLIANT,THATS WHAT IT IS
on 29 July 2014
The birds love this seed and, quickly empty the feeders. There is a good mix of various grains, seeds etc which has encouraged the parent birds to bring their young to learn to feed themselves. Highly recommended.
on 9 September 2014
About 90% wheat or so it seems. Birds chuck most of it on the ground and I now have a small wheat field growing well at the bottom of my bird feeders. Very disappointed, going back to Peckish.

See one answered question