Size: 12.75 Kg|Change

on 17 December 2014
It's good value but I won't buy again. I watch the finches and tits spit most of it out on the ground. The pigeons don't seem to mind as I have my bird feeders over pathways. They gobble all the other birds throw away. It mostly ends up on the ground.

One of my feeders is near the BBQ which is now covered in discarded seeds.

Robins seem to like it which is a joy to watch. I will buy some seed with no wheat next time.
on 15 May 2014
Birds seem happy with this mix ,feeders empty quickly .Finches don't seem to like it ,but I put sunflower hearts out so there not going hungry ,but the long tailed tits that used to visit my garden have gone ,don't know if it's because of seed .Will buy more
on 2 July 2012
great bird seed, good mix. Only problem is the birds love it so much had to order another bag. Saved me loads against me buying it in shops, although i tend to use more as i don't have to remember to go get it. Don't be put off by the fact that it shows out of stock, it comes much quicker than you think. 12.5 kg sounds like a lot, but it is not a huge bag if your short of space.
The word "standard" suggets that this feed will be at the cheaper end of the market - and the prive, which is very competitive, bears this out. Yes, there is a lot of wheat in the mix, and therfore if using in feeders there will be a lot of droppage (our greenfinches seem very skilled in spitting wheat out whilst searching for sunflower seeds!)

We do get through a lot of seed in our garden, however, and to avoid paying twice or three times per kilo for a premium product, this allows us to keep the garden well stocked at a reasonable price. No frill seed - but it does the job. (And pigeons and doves love the dropped wheat too!)

BTW, free delivery and very swift service - much appreciated.
on 29 July 2014
The birds love this seed and, quickly empty the feeders. There is a good mix of various grains, seeds etc which has encouraged the parent birds to bring their young to learn to feed themselves. Highly recommended.
on 19 June 2014
My sparrows & coal tits certainly prefer this to several other types I've tried (so do the flipping jackdaws who eat what ends up on the ground).
Very little in the way of chaff or inedible particles.
on 12 August 2015
Great value for money, birds are loving it!

Not much to say except well designed packaging, plenty of feed for your money and much cheaper than buying it in smaller amounts easily. Just tried it out on the pigeons and they're loving it already. I've bought other brands of seed mixtures before and as far as I can tell, this is the same as them and they've all gone done well with the birds too.
Can't comment on how popular and suitable it is for other types of birds naturally but so far so good with the pigeons that visit me!

-edit- Updating this to say I've just received my 2nd batch of this after ordering it. It was delivered 2 days earlier than expected and when I needed it the most which was a brilliant start and pleasant surprise at least! The packaging is nicely designed in aesthetic and functionality, with lots of information on the reverse/back of it. Very appealing to the eye and wasn't difficult to open either, even though it seemed it at first. It's sealed with lots of string woven in like stitching and I was able to open it surprisingly easily despite how 'complex' it seemed.
Obviously I don't know much about these kind of things, I can only speak from honest experience and opinions and I have to say, I genuinely love this product a lot! The pigeons I've been feeding adore it greatly too, unlike the other brand I was using prior to this on (it was a 25KG one for a similar price), the birds just absolutely devoured all the feed immediately! Completely different behaviour to the other feed I was using, where they would only eat the 'prime stuff' and leave all the wheat and what not until they were too hungry to avoid eating it basically, it definitely wasn't their preference in what they liked to eat.
The seed ratio/distribution/variety seems to be a lot better in this product, I saw a lot more different types of seeds all balanced out in amounts compared to the other feed I used which was mostly dust, wheat and what not. The birds just finished everything as soon as I put the food out and left no a single scrap of mess at all! With the previous feed, they would leave a huge mess everywhere from all the wheat and other feed they refused to eat until desperate.
This product has completely won me over, I'm not an expert in these things, nowhere near at all, but I do love this product and I have considered subscribing after this batch runs out. Even if I don't subscribe in the future for some odd reason, I'll definitely be purchasing this many times more gladly! Amazing value and quality, well worth the money as far as I can tell!
on 14 October 2014
There was an awful lot of wheat in this, I was finding, where as with higher grade seed mixes I am left with empty tables, I am often left with some wheat not just at the end of the day but when I returned to refill in the morning.

I'm also finding the sparrows and starlings are throwing a lot of the wheat onto the floor, messy, unhygienic and a draw for pests.

luckily I do mix my seed with other things such as suet nibbles, dried mealworms etc. so it's not as bad as it would otherwise be, but even with this I'm still getting a lot of waste.

If the birds in your garden aren't as spoilt or choosy when it comes to high wheat feeds or you have less starlings who like to demonstrate their dislike you may find this seed fine, but for me I think I'll be looking at getting another mix.
on 21 December 2012
I got fed up of having to go into town just to buy wild bird food .
so I went on line and found that I could get these items at a great price but also delivered to our door .
so now I am happy and the birds are fat and happy
on 9 September 2014
About 90% wheat or so it seems. Birds chuck most of it on the ground and I now have a small wheat field growing well at the bottom of my bird feeders. Very disappointed, going back to Peckish.

See one answered question