Style Name: Dead FredChange

on 19 April 2010
Paul takes a bit of a battering from me at times, but he stands up (or curls up into a ball) well to my abuse. He's stronger than he looks, you can even throw him across the room.

His rubber is tougher than other stress balls and he's a much more heavy duty stress reliever. What's more, he never complains.

Don't buy a normal stress ball, take it out on Paul instead.
11 comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 15 October 2012
I bought this shortly after becoming professionally embroiled with a man of no talent but enormous expectations. A difficult combination to do very much with, I'm sure you will agree. Before Dead Fred bounced his way into my life I was reduced to venting my frustrations in the guise of doodles. Nowhere near as satisfying plus liable to be used against me in a court of law one day.
Dead Fred makes each day worth getting up for. Because whatever life throws at me (assuming I am not quick enough off the mark to be able to bolt the door of my office before Bill can even get in there) I know that I shall at least have the satisfaction of ramming by ballpoint into a helpless inanimate object. Little things like that make life worth living.
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2010
Great as a hand/wrist strengthening tool after my daughters broken wrist - the fun shape actually got her to do the exercises where as a conventional stress ball didn't.
on 3 January 2012
I wanted a coaster for my computer desk, as the current stack of paper I rest my drinks on looks a state. This lead me to have a look at some proper coasters.
However, just as I expected, the usual, bog-standard, flat ones with a picture of a dog or a plant on them... boring.

But wait! What's this? It's only Splat Stan!

As soon as I saw this guy, I had to buy him. He looks great, and is something a bit different. Whether there's a drink resting on him or not, he's a cool addition to my desk.

He's made of silicone, and he feels quite durable and sturdy. Also because of the rubbery texture, both the coaster, and the drink resting on him don't move around, so less spills. My mug fits just fine on him, as do bottles.

Who would have thought coasters could be so interesting?
on 11 October 2009
This has brought a smile to both the children I have given this product to as a birthday gift. It is made of a flexible soft plastic so is all flimsy and rubbery and the X marks for eyes are a nice touch. Check out the other products by this brand they are all funny and a bit quirky.
on 30 August 2011
I was advised to use a stress ball by my physiotherapist after I broke my wrist. I chose Paul as he offers various depths to maximise pressure.
Arrived this morning, Ive only done the routine twice and my wrist is drastically improved already!
Wider range of movement, and after the 1st session the swelling in my fingers went down to such a degree that I have been able to put my wedding ring on again, It had to be cut off at the hospital 6 weeks ago and it wouldnt go past my knuckle this morning, now it fits.
I was using a soft toy as a stress ball, as I couldnt find one in town, Thank goodness for Amazon!

Brilliant item, The physio was right, and Paul even looks cute on the coffee table. I wont be throwing him at the wall for a while

:0D
on 2 June 2012
I like Paul he seems to bring a smile as well as a laugh among my colleagues at work. He is not a great stress ball though, you tend to stretch him more that squeeze him which is what a stress ball is all about.. But I guess a laugh is all it takes to take the stress away.. So i recommend Paul... very good made withstands all the stretches and the squeezes, very rubbery and bounces back , nice and shinny and attractive on your desk, looking at him makes you feel better for how the shape is an exact replica of someone in stress... Good buy for sure :)
on 17 May 2011
I'm a pensioner and I bought two 'Stress Pauls' as I was unlucky enough to break both my wrists (needed plates & screws in both !). Even before having my plasters removed I wanted to have something to manipulate between my fingers to stimulate faster healing post-operation, by having to use the tendons in my fingers. I felt that a stress-ball product with an irregular shape would be more helpful than a conventional round ball. The Stress Pauls turned out to be ideal. As the strength in my fingers started to return, the little chaps could be squeezed harder, and the irregular shape meant the fingers were able to manipulate the little helpers in a way not possible with a ball. My guess is that use of two Pauls has speeded my digital recovery/dexterity significantly (the guy in the plaster room at the hospital even suggested using a computer key-board would be beneficial).

An excellent little product, and they also feel a good item for the intended item of stress-relief (Also, my grandson in Australia has mild ADD, and has been advised to use a stress ball product to manipulate in his spare hand when doing school work. The irregular shape of Stress Paul would be ideal in the classroom situation because if it's dropped, it won't roll away !).
0Comment24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2013
The product is by Suck; I can assure you the product doesn't. My mum did make a passing comment that it was a bit on the morbid side so I just rearranged the 'rope' from around its neck - positioned it around his arms, glued a mini surf board from my kids toy box on the back and hey presto... a hanging surfer dude.

The reason why I like this light pull is because it is made out of rubber so when it swings and hits the wall it doesn't leave an ugly streak mark on the wall. The previous owner of our house was a Goth and hung this big ugly metal butt plug (okay it isn’t a butt plug but it looks like one), and they cut the cord too damn short so it kept hitting the wall. Talk about stupid, I wish she could come back to my home and see it now, the house looks so much better now I have painted over her ugly red paint on the walls; which p.s. if she is reading this, the paint job looked like someone cute off a head of a chicken and smeared it all over the walls. Absolutely putrid! Thanks for listening.
on 6 May 2011
Bought this as when I was in work I found myself scratching / rubbing my face when concentrating.
I use a PC daily so I tend to get that absorbed I was unware I was doing it. Having bought this
item even the presence of it mates me think and alerts me to be aware not to scratch. The design
of a person with his head in his hands reminds you not to take work to seriously too.
All round good purchase and I would give it full marks!