on 15 November 2014
This is amazing. We took it on our summer holidays, we catered for 7 (4 adults and 3 children) of us on it. Just connect it up to the caravan gas bottle and away you go, all the accessories meant that during our holiday we had steak, burgers, pancakes, bolognaise (pasta cooked on a separate hob), pizza, croissants. It's nice that it's so compact but versatile. It was fairly easy to clean, but with all these things it's best to clean it sooner rather than later. We won't be leaving home without it!
on 17 December 2014
Really pleased with this. The Cadac Safari comes with it's own carry case and is really compact so doesn't take up a huge amount of room. The clever design means you've got a variety of cooking methods at your disposal in a really small package. It's versatile enough to cook a whole (small) chicken on as well as your more run of the mill BBQ fair. The only difficulty I've had has been in regulating the temperature, Once you've applied the deflector, you can no longer see the flame so if you want to cook something slowly over a lower heat, it's tough to tell just how intense the heat is. The dial isn't numbered either which doesn't help. Aside from this, it's a great little cooker.

Do be cautious about where you buy your Cadac though. Mine was advertised as having a 'free' pizza stone included. This basically swung it for me as having 2 young children, the ability to be able to rustle up a quick pizza whilst camping really appeals... The only issue being, it didn't arrive. So, I followed Amazon's dispute process and got put in touch with the seller, who after several emails back and forth agreed to a refund to the value of the pizza stone. Unfortunately, this also then failed to materialise. The last email I received from the seller asked me to get back in touch with Amazon as they could not find my order number or details to make the refund. Hmmm. By this stage I just couldn't be bothered anymore and haven't taken it any further, but to any prospective purchaser, you're probably best avoiding RAVIDAY. They're a firm based in France specialising in camping equipment. Also worth noting that although RAVIDAY were the firm that I was negotiating the refund with, it was actually a company called YC LEISURE who sold me the item, I'm guessing they probably go by a number of different names... so just do your research and avoid them or anyone affiliated with them at all costs!

Shame, because the Cadac is brilliant.
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2014
when arrived everthing seemed great, but when used for the first time this week found the top which holds the plates/griddle was out of shape so lid would only fit one way, other than that ok.
on 1 May 2014
Great product, evicient cooking with plenty of cooking optional sections. Keep on top of cleaning it as one section will become encrusted with burnt food quite quickly.
on 15 August 2014
Perfect for camping or the beach.- the left hand thread on the brass adaptor caused a few quizzical moments until I realised.
on 13 November 2014
Simply a great product. I bought it to use both for my caravan and as a replacement for my home barbeque .... there's only me and 'the wife' left at home now, so no problem of being undersized.
on 4 November 2014
Bought to replace our big cadac which was stolen, love this compact version, enabled us to take to the beach in Cornwall over the summer and we ate likes kings!

Did have to lug our big butane gas bottle but we had a few of us so fine.
on 18 October 2014
Excellent item and superb value for money. No more disposable BBQ and waiting around.
on 1 February 2016
An excellent barbe. I bought a second one for the motorhome. Packs into a small area but can cook for 4 people when used to full potential.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2015
Handy bit of kit. I have it connected to my caravan. Easy to control and easy to clean. Ok for a couple or a small gathering.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse