on 7 March 2013
This is a great item. It snugly holds the iPad in place using rubber grips. Assembly is very simple (one screw).

The only slight downer is that the metal is rather flexible and therefore when using iPad in this holder it can move about a bit. Its more for holding iPad and the user watching a film etc than actually touching iPad in the holder.
on 16 September 2013
For the price, I suppose it's a good stand. It looks good, visually coherent with my iMac and Apple LCD.

I've got an iPad 3 (first with Retina), with a smartcover on (that I can flip -- though the weight different of when it's folded makes the iPad not perfectly vertical, so I just take it off when I'm using the iPad).

I've got no problems with it, though it's not as "tight" as I was expecting it to be (when you touch the iPad, the thing jiggles around a bit), and it's easy to rotate the iPad (which turned out to be not a bad thing).

The metal parts are strong, it's just the rubber joints that make it wiggle around when you move/touch it.

I suppose that if you don't need your iPad to be perfectly still, it's a good, not expensive choice, but if you need a perfectly still and steady stand while you're handling your iPad, this is not it.
on 14 January 2013
First off, this is a great product and holds my iPad 2, really well. I was a little concerned as similar designs from the same manufacturer had trouble holding onto peoples Ipad. my Ipad 2 is held in well, however in the box there is supposed to be two sets of rubber grips, one for original Ipad, and a second set for iPads 2 and 3. the box came with the set for the Ipad 2 pre installed, not what the description states, however this does not really bother me, but a word of warning for those who wish to use it for the original Ipad, this may not fit as well. the stand does wobble a bit when being used, but unless you have a heavy touch, you shouldn't miss any buttons, and shouldn't effect you to much (although every one is different). I get the strongest feeling that this is not aluminium, as the metal is painted silver (probably steel). but as much as I am saying negative things about the product I really do suggest it, it looks great, holds onto my iPad 2 securely and the ability to stand it at any orientation and angle is really helpful, brilliant with a bluetooth keyboard.
on 30 April 2014
The stand is exactly what I was looking for. It is done amazingly – matches all Apple products nicely. Box is cool, all the parts and clear instruction. Very easy to assemble. Comes with spare corners for older iPads. Hope they develop for iPad Air as well. My iPad 4 fit well.

The only thing: I would by exactly the same model twice more expensive if there were:
1) video about it
2) it would have been heavier.

I print a lot both on MacBook and hanging iPad and the wobbles aren't necessary. By reinforcing the stand and making elite version you would get unrivaled product. Still the value is far beyond its little price. Love if from the first minute!
on 1 July 2013
My dad had asked for this for Father's Day and he is really pleased with it. He had a protective cover on the back of his iPad which he has to remove for it to click in place securely but other than that he has no complaints.
on 29 June 2013
I love my IPad, but it always gave me a backache to look down. This stand has solved this for a very reasonable price.
Only slight disadvantages: you have to take iPad out of its cover and a flush all round metal fitting would look nicer than the rubber corners of this stand. Nevertheless it changed my life and has made my iPad even more useful.
on 28 August 2015
Slightly tricky to assemble by yourself (not impossible though). But once setup it works fine and holds my tablet in a firm grip. Comes with holders for iPad 1 and then separate holders for iPad 2-4. Sturdy and great.
on 1 February 2013
If I could give no stars I would and I've asked for a return and refund. It's really badly made and it's fallen apart three times in two weeks risking damage to my new iPad! There are stands on the market that look similar to this and are a little more expensive maybe another £10 and they are fine, but trust me, don't try this. So disappointed!
on 29 June 2014
Does its job as a stand for the iPad but found myself conscious of the wobbling when the iPad was used. The build quality is terrible, there are bits of aluminium missing from the frame and it seems as if they have forgotten to file down the sharp edges as I have scratched myself on it many times and have caught items of clothing. Overall I would recommend this stand if you are strapped for cash. The reason I brought this product was because it was made of aluminium so this would fit the theme of my desk but what you get out the box is totally different to the picture as the quality is horrible. If you are willing to trade looks and quality over function then get this if not, look elsewhere.
on 18 September 2014
A lovely looking thing, very nice lines but fundamentally not usable. It's too flimsy and therefore rocks about as you are hitting the screen of the iPad. Fine if you just want to sit and look at the iPad in the stand, no good at all if you want to use it. A waste of money in my view. If they could just make the base heavier and the mount more solid so the iPad does not move once fitted then it would be really nice.