I was quite sceptical buying this Nerf gun as we already have a number of Nerf guns that take the old style black and orange bullets, however I am pleased to say that the new elite bullets are backwards compatible with older guns.

This gun was a real winner for my son on Christmas day, it was simple to put together and really easy to load and use even for a 7 year old. In use the range is awesome, it's very accurate and the semi-automatic firing is super-fast.

My fault for not reading every detail on the Amazon page but I was disappointed to find that it only comes with 4 of the 8 clips required to complete its capacity. What's more each clip holds 6 bullets (total capacity of 48 bullets) the Amazon page advertises 144 bullets! this is only possible if you replace the clips you have and buy 8 new clips with a 18 bullet capacity each.

4 more clips with 6 bullet capacity each Hasbro 91848 Nerf - Elite hail-fire Mission kit (around £20)

1 more clip with 18 bullet capacity each Nerf N-Strike Elite 18-Dart Clip (around £9.50)

So in summary brilliant gun, loads of fun but can get very expensive with the accessories.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2013
Excellent fire rate and capacity to hold ammo, although you'll be out in seconds! I'd recommend if you buy this you also get 4 more clips of ammo or even buy 4 drum mags as its chews through ammo like a dog with slippers!

Had lots of fun with this as the whine it makes before you fire has my friends scrambling for cover every time! :P
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2013
Took a photo of my nephew when he opened his Nerf - pure happiness and excitement. He could barely wait for his dad to put it together and had to prise it out of his dads hands when it was ready.
on 21 November 2013
got a reduced price pleased as cost of magazines bullets has to be taken into account son will have fun on xmas
on 4 May 2014
The gun jams quite a lot if you haven't put it together exactly right. But still good fun and after months of use it's still working.
on 28 October 2012
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get 4 clips with the box and lots of bullets. HAIL FIRE RULES. I got it for my birthday and enjoyed it but you need to buy 4 more clips
0Comment35 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
My son loved it, he thought it was tip top....The rapid fire is excellent, wished i had bought another 4 magazines at the time
on 26 August 2013
Written by a 9 year old
I love this gun the house is no longer a safe place only a war zone
on 30 January 2013
Brought for my 10 year old son at xmas, he is doing the teenage thing and not liking anything!! But he was straight out with his seeing how far he could get the bullets, which is pretty far i was suprised. I would recommend this gun, however its every pricey for everything you need!!!
on 25 November 2012
I bought this for my 9 year old son, he loves it. The only point I would make is that the bits of plastic that go round the bullet holders keeps falling off.
0Comment17 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question