on 18 September 2013
I ordered this computer on the 3rd of september and It arrived the next day, when it was estimated to come in 5 days. I was so happy when it arrived, I unboxed it and plugged it in, I had to install an operating system as the computer doesn't come with one. Installing an Operating System is an easy process and it doesn't require any skill, I installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, Ive had it a few weeks now and its awesome, It does everything I need it to do, perfect for doing my coursework, to playing games.

I would recommend this computer to anyone as its not over priced and its cheaper than most crapy computers you can get in the shops. By far the best computer I have had so far!
0Comment60 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2013
I was searching the internet for a computer with specs like this and the closest price was £900. Even though you will have to buy the operating system separately, it was easy to install and the price all together only came to around £360!
11 comment18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2013
When I was looking to buy a machine to update too I found this excellent PC, I already owned a copy of windows operating system so I didn't machine with it installed my machine came with memory issues but that was quickly dealt with by contacting the supplier who exchanged memory fast (great customer service very fast and friendly). Over all I would suggest this option to anyone. A+ product and service.
on 8 January 2014
I saw a lot of reviews complaining about things that weren't specified in the product description and it put me off but i went for it anyways and i wasn't disappointed. Does not come with an OS, but that's no real problem (yarr m'hearty), the graphics card isn't really enough to handle many of the newer games but that's an easy upgrade if you want it, the rest of the hardware is up to scratch no problem and there's plenty of room for expansion. For £300~ its an absolute steal
on 3 March 2014
This computer runs very well and has about 6 ports for USB 2.0 and 2 for USB 3.0 which for me I found ideal, as I didn't have to use a bad quality extender USB. It comes with integrated graphic which you wont have to pay extra for a Graphic card if you don't think you need one (I just bought a ASUS one and put it straight in). This computer stays extremely cool while over-clocked and live streaming and using XSplit all at the same time (XSplit is a high CPU demanding program). Ram also stays at a usable of 7.44 Gigs and has 3 extra ram slots if you would want to bring it up some more (Not that it needs it).

Over all I recommend this for all uses including gaming and just buy a new Graphic Card, and you will be set. Thanks OCHW for giving me this great computer for such a good price!
on 26 September 2013
I installed Windows 7 on it and installed a good graphics card and my son could not be happier.All his games are running smoothly and faster than before.As a gaming machine you will need to get a good graphics card as the on board graphics will not be good enough.It has 8gb Ram and you can put another 3 sticks of 8gb in if needed as there are 3 spare slots.Fantastic machine at a good price!
on 13 August 2013
This is the first time that I have bought a PC with out and operating system so was a little nervous about getting it working. However it could not have been simpler - power up - load drivers disk supplied - insert operating system disc - off you go.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
Very fast computer for the money, but does not come with any operating system, but bought this
B004Q0PT3I and works fine.
If you are installing it your self you will need some computer knowledge such as changing the bios so it see the disk at start up to allow the installion from disk, etc
on 5 September 2012
I am very impressed with this PC, and the specs it provides for it's price. As long as you are confident with installing an OS, which is a very easy process, this computer is brilliant value for money. Huge storage space, VERY speedy, and whisper quiet.

While the integrated graphics aren't spectacular, for the price you cannot complain about them, as they are capable of playing a lot of the lesser demanding PC games, such as World of Warcraft, on mid to high graphical settings, and if you're willing to fork out a little extra for a graphics card this PC can become a high end gaming PC.

If I were to give a downside, it would be a lack of a built-in network card, but this was not unexpected.

All in all, for daily use this PC is all that you could ever want or need, and if you're willing to spend a little bit more it can be a very capable gaming platform. I am very impressed, and would recommend this to anyone considering giving it a go.
1919 comments67 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2012
It is just over a year since I was quoted a price of £950 for a new PC with the following specs:

* Cooler - Intel cooling assembly.
* Case Fan - Extractor fan in rear of case.
* Memory - 4 Gb DDR3 Dual-Channel memory kit.
* Hard Drive - 500Gb Western Digital Caviar BLACK (...Performance version)
* Case - ATX tower case.
* PSU - 750W Power-Supply Unit.
* Motherboard - ASUS P67 S-1155 "Sandy Bridge B3" motherboard
* Graphics - 1Gb Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 PCI-E DX11 Graphics Card.
* Sound - High-Definition audio chipset, Realtek 7.1 onboard.
* Ethernet - 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN port.
* USB2.0 - 8 x USB2.0 ports built-in.
* USB3.0 - 2 x USB3.0 ports built-in.
* DVD-RW - DVD-ReWriter drive, latest S-ATA type. +/- and Dual-Layer.
* Wireless - 802.11n PCI wireless card.
* OS - Windows 7 Home Pro 64-Bit, installed, & disc & licence supplied.
* With standard 1 year parts-and-labour warranty.

This was meant to replace my 2008 Medion desktop which was started to struggle a little with what was been asked of it, but I'm so glad that I decided to persevere with it for another year or so because this AMD PC is an ideal replacement for less than a third of the price. I bought mine direct from the supplier rather than through Amazon, but it is exactly the same.
As I don't play PC computer games, I was pleased to find a PC with otherwise impressive specs at such an affordable price.
However, the Medion was a family PC and it has been popular with the kids for playing games on, and it did have a onboard 1GB graphics card.
Initially, it was my intention to replace the Medion PC with something more powerful so that all of the family would benefit from it, but £950 was just too expensive at the time, so I was delighted to pick this superfast AMD based PC for £259.99 including delivery, and the kids were also delighted because I was leaving the Medion for their use only.
However, I'm so impressed with my purchase, that I'm going buy another one for the kids to use, and I'll upgrade the graphics to enable them to play the latest PC games.
As for the Medion, I'm going transfer the wireless and graphics cards to my new PC just to improve it slightly.
As I already have a genuine Windows 7 disc, security software, keyboard, mouse, speakers and a recently purchased 24" HDTV, I'm not having to fork out for anything extra either !
I can't understand why someone has only given this PC three stars because it isn't capable of supporting some PC games which has caused a problem. I would have thought that spending a few moments carrying out a little bit of investigative work would have made that fact abundantly clear, and even then it isn't going to cost a great deal extras to add a decent graphics card and a wireless card too, if necessary. In comparision with what you are likely to pay for a similar desktop setup in a high street store, this is an absolute bargain !
33 comments31 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse