on 6 February 2013
I was looking for a microwave with a handle that looked nice, didn't cost too much and that had fairly good reviews and this seemed to be a good choice.
Unpacking it, I thought the same as everyone else, it's smaller than I expected, but I wasn't planning on putting anything too big in it, and it holds my biggest plate so is ok.
My main problem with it, is something that no one else mentioned so might only be my issue, but the length of cable is so short that if you don't have a near enough plug socket you have to rearrange stuff or get an extension cable, which is crazy. The cable is 80cm and far too short for me as my old one had 120cm cable and fit nicely in the corner out of the way, but now the cable doesn't reach. I ended up rearranging other items in the kitchen to fit this in as I prefer not to use extension cables just for one item so it loses stars for me as its not in the description anywhere and I would've got another one if I'd known.
44 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2012
I haven't had this long so I'm not sure if it's durable or not... but so far I've found it very efficient - I LOVE the eco setting - it uses absolutely no power while in standby mode. I have enough clocks in my house, I don't need one on my microwave.... I'm happy to save the energy! It is very easy to use and works very well. It was well packaged & arrived very quickly. Hopefully will have a long life as it's a very good economical microwave. Cheers Daewoo!
on 25 April 2012
Had a previous Daewoo Model which lasted me over 8 years and I'm hoping this one will last as long.
You can't really go wrong for the price, its a bargain for a touch control microwave and it looks good in my black kitchen.
The microwave is all black apart from the silver handle and also has a power save mode which turns itself off after 10 minutes off inactivity.
Its pretty quiet and very light to move compared to my last one.
55 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2012
Was looking for a good quality replacement for an old microwave. Although when it arrived it was smaller than I thought, it has been a great purchase so far. The Eco button that cuts off the power instead of being on constant stand by is a feature I appreciate in an all electric flat.
on 23 October 2013
Mine is cutting out after 2-3 of minutes and before the timer has gone. With the eco button, it is then another 5 - 10 minutes before it can be set again. Making heating meals difficult. This has happened after the 30 day returns limit, I ordered on 18 July 2013. I have just written to Amazon to request a refund.

To save yourself grief, I would say buy something else. Mine has become unreliable and the eco button is a silly gimmick.

If I could give zero stars I would.
on 28 March 2013
Bought this small microwave to fit inside a new cupboard. It does the job intended but feels very cheap, it is also extremely noisy, if I press the side panel the noise stops, obviously caused by vibration when the machine is on. Wold I buy this product again - definitely not.
on 16 November 2015
Complete rubbish. Worked for 1 week. Then cooked a jacket potato and the machine died as if it's fused, but it isn't - seems to be an issue with steam - something you get when you cook - when the unit cools down, it starts working again. That seems a bit scary to me, as if the electrics are getting wet inside from the steam. Avoid. On top of this the unit has no clock, and the "green button" is so bright that - if you are used to normal microwaves - you will think that the button is the clock lit up. Total junk
on 30 January 2014
This product is excellent for all our requirements and is uncomplicated to use. Would recommend to anyone wanting a reliable and efficient microwave. Just the job. Smart asset.

Friendly Daewoo
on 8 April 2014
I was very impressed with this microwave. It arrived fast, looked great in my kitchen and was easy to clean and has a thoughtful energy saving function amongst it's simple controls. Unfortunately, as I write this review on April 8th, 2014, I've discovered taht it does not give you very long service for your money. I bought it on March 20th, 2013, so it has lasted just over the statutory guarentee period.
It hasn't been used for more than warming up a cup of coffee or a bowl of soup every day or so and I don't consider taht heavy use.. The plate still turns and the light still goes on inside but the food no longer heats up. I won't be buying one of these again. Not impressed.
Breaks down just after a year's light usage...that'll be the Daewoo!
on 3 March 2015
This microwave was bought as a replacement for an old one that was on it's way out. The delivery was fine and it came within a couple of days, after unpacking and unwrapping it, I opened the door of the microwave and found there was a loose screw rolling about inside, not really what you want to find before even plugging the thing in, The microwave has a really nice look to it and looked really classy. I plugged the microwave in after reading the instructions and tested it by heating a cup of coffee that had gone cold while I did the unpacking. the vibration and noise from it.was horrendous. a bit like a helicopter takeing off, the only way to stop this was to press heavily on the right hand side of it to stopp the vibration.. The coffee, I have to admit re-heated perfectly. By this time my Wife had came into the kitchen to see what all the racket was all about, so I decided to show her by heating a cup of cold water as a demonstration, after placing the cup inside and pressing start.....Alas nothing happened, the wicrowave was totally dead, and nothing would get it going again.

So to sum up, Great looks, Nice size. Completely useless..... That's the microwave not me. filled out the returns details and Amazon collected and refunded me within few days