Size: 8.5kWChange

on 11 July 2012
I was searching for an electric shower that was a direct replacement for the Triton Opal that I had fitted, but no longer worked. A direct replacement would not necessitate any re-plumbing or re-wiring.
After much research, I discovered the Triton Etana met my requirements. It is exactly the same in all dimensions and physical appearance - the main difference being the mechanical controls on the Etana, as opposed to the electronic controls on the Opal.
As it was the electronic control that had failed on the Opal, the Etana should be far more reliable.

The Triton Etana 9.5KW unit is first rate. A great shower unit that works perfectly every time and a unit that I would fully endorse.

An interesting note - the official Triton website does NOT list the Etana in its product range !!! However, the Etana can be bought from nearly all the major supermarkets, albeit you will pay double the price that Amazon sell them for !!!
on 4 July 2013
I purchased this shower unit to replace a first generation Triton Jade unit which had developed an internal leak, having established that it was a DIRECT replacement, with electrical and plumbing connections, and fixings, identical to the old Jade unit. Strangely, this unit is not listed on the Jade website as part of their range (as far as I could tell, but is sold by Amazon, various supermarket chains and other outlets.

It was a snip to fit, if you are into DIY, went directly in place of the old Jade unit, and I am a happy bunny again
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2013
I had a Triton Opal shower and this replaced it without any problems. Only four stars because the 'chrome' finish on the dials are a bit nasty looking. I would still purchase another A) ease of installation B) does what it says.
on 14 June 2013
Although I did get a plumber in to do the swap - of two old, slighly clunky Triton Opal showers - the new showers are great and went in very easily.

In operation - slighlty nicer to use than the Opals - water is hot almost instantly - and when you press "stop" it stops pretty much instantly also.
on 5 May 2013
I have always had a Triton Shower Unit and this is a replacement for my previous Triton Model.
I am delighted with the ease at which I was able replace my old Triton Shower Unit with it.
The performance is every bit as good as my previous model and much quieter in operation.
I can thoroughly recommend this Model as an Excellent Replacement for the Triton Topaz T80i.
on 1 March 2014
Bought to replace another Triton shower without any hassle. It did the trick my husband replaced our old shower easily
on 26 July 2015
Excellent, this was a replacement for our Triton Jade shower. Shower fitted exactly the same no damage to bathroom.
on 30 October 2014
has been an excellent replacement for the previous unit, a Topaz T80 unit. Fittings in exactly the same positions to allow a straight swap. Provides a good shower and only question is what features it has which make it radically different other than some cosmetic appearance changes ( and thus justify its rather greater pricing?)
on 24 November 2013
Bought as a replacement for an excisting shower and does what it's supposed to do. A good product, no problems.
on 28 August 2014
We ordered this as a replacement for our old Triton Jade. A very nice shower and the price is much better on amazon as compared to any where else. Very pleased with the product