on 31 July 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What a fantastic little stand this is. Simplicity combined with functionality. The fact that the stand folds up to put away is now history - I never bother folding it up, rather I leave it ready for my iPad 2 in the kitchen. It turns the iPad into a usable and watchable TV on a kitchen top whilst cooking, and also lets me easily see menus from apps such as Jamie's Cookbook.

Can also be used to turn the iPad into a photo-frame.

Works in both portrait and landscape modes. The charging cable fits in underneath the iPad 2 in portrait mode - see images.

This doesn't work with an iPod Touch - the touch is simply too small.

Great value. Works really well. I am impressed.

Five stars.
review image review image review image review image
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very versatile stand that could be used with a variety of different devices. It can be tilted forwards and backwards to suit your viewing position and the feet can be moved closer together or further apart depending on the width of your device. The back can also be lifted upwards making it suitable for larger devices like the ipad.

The stand is well-made and really well thought out. While it's been designed with larger devices in mind (kindle & tablets), you could easily use this with something smaller... nothing smaller than 3" wide (in whatever orientation you want to view it in the stand) Bare in mind that if you use the stand with a smaller device, e.g. an iphone turned on its side, the top of the stand will be visible (like an artist's easel) If like me you're not fussed about this, the stand could be a handy little purchase to use interchangeably with different sized devices you might have, rather than buying a new stand for each device. I use my stand every day since I got it and honestly don't know how I did without it for so long!
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wanted a stand for my iPad, mainly for the kitchen. Trying to use the iPad to follow a recipe can be tricky when its lying flat. This stand is perfect! And works with my kindle too! It's well made and folds into a small, easily portable size. Get one now!
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 May 2013
The stand is quite big and is made of study plastic.

The base is adjustable to fit smaller devices or can be widened to hold larger devices.

This stand has a adjustable holder at the back which is great for getting the angle of the tablet just right, and the holder has rubber on it so it won't scratch the back of your tablet. There is also rubber on the bottom to stop the stand sliding about.

I have noticed that if you press the screen quite hard you can cause the holder to change viewing angle.

There appears to be the exact same stand without the amazon brand name selling on amazon cheaper than this but I have not used it so cannot compare.

If you have a small device it will work with this stand but I think you're better off getting a smaller and cheaper stand but for large devices this is great and I recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The photographs of this little stand didn't look up to much, but the reviews were pretty good, so I thought I would try it. Well, it turned out to be just what I needed. I have had my iPad and Kindle propped up against all sorts of unsuitable objects, such as flowerpots, cushions, walls etc. and have worried that they might fall off and get broken. That problem is now solved with this sturdy little stand which holds my iPad perfectly. It feels quite solid and folds up very small, in case you should want to take it out with you. The angle can be adjusted to suit whatever you are doing, and it has foam pads which hold the iPad or kindle securely in place? Really good, and I find that I'm using it all the time instead of the flowerpot.
0Comment43 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like this stand, far more now that I've used it for a few weeks than I did when I first received it.

Pads ('i' or otherwise) are fine for sitting on the couch and surfing, but they have so many other capabilities which their form factor doesn't allow.

Enter the pad stand. Instead of having your pad lying on the kitchen surface in the way of you cooking, where light reflections make it hard to read and spills put it at risk, you pop it onto a stand and presto; it's useful, safe & out of the way. The same thing goes for watching a film, video calling, entering text and a myriad of other activities.

So; I've made the case for pad stands; what's this one like? Well, it is solid, well made and very functional, but does not have the minimalistic aesthetic that most pads have.

This stand will fit any 10" pad (or a medium sized hardback book!); I've been using this stand for my Asus Transformer tablet. It folds up into a 2.5cm square by 18cm black plastic bar which is quite large for something purporting to be a travel stand, though it's pretty light.

The arms that form the base simply move apart apart and click into place. They each have a small padded indent to put the base of the tablet in. They are sensibly spaced apart such that the tablet will comfortably fit in landscape or portrait orientations.

The rear arm clicks into whatever position you need it, as does the elbow which supports the rear of the tablet. This means that you can position your device through a wide range of angles. This works quite well, and gives huge flexibility for orientation and to get the angles right to avoid screen reflections.

All in all, this is an excellent accessory. It is a simple design that is unique amongst it's competitors. It will fit any 10" tablet, folds up very well, and allows more control over angle than any of the others. Additionally, it won't be damaged if it gets wet, and is well priced.

The only drawback is the somewhat industrial design, but in use you'll be more glad that you're not having to read through screen glare or worry about water damage to your leather stand then the aesthetic of the thing.
on 2 March 2014
Bought for a 10 inch Lenovo tablet and works brilliantly. Can't see any reason it wouldn't work for other tablets or phones
Can change the angle easily, to adjust for screen brightness, position or glare from other light sources.
Folds up neatly when not in use (or for travelling).
Great price. Perfect.
on 27 December 2012
I bought this stand to use with my Nexus 7 so I could watch TV whilst cooking.
The stand is sturdy and very stable and the backrest means the device it's supporting isn't 'cantilevered' into place

Can't fault it!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was initially sceptical that the stand could hold my iPad 2, and I was happily surprised with how solid, firm and sturdy it is.

As the description states, it can hold a number of different tablet devices. In terms of my iPad, it fits perfectly. I've always been slightly paranoid that the back of my iPad will somehow get scratched, but I was pleased to see that the part of the stand that rests on the back of the tablet device has rubber pads, and the grooves are also lined with rubber to prevent scratches occurring!

All in all, an excellent, multi-purpose stand, well built, lightweight and portable! Perfect for uni students on a tight budget!
on 3 January 2016
After leaning my Kindle against a wobbly stack of items so that I could read hands-free, I imagined I would have to do the same when my tablet arrived. But then a friend and I came upon this clever device in a cafe where the owner stood her tablet on this stand to sum up bills. She was so pleased with it that she showed us how it worked. I am also delighted with it as it adjusts perfectly to my Kindle and 10" tablet. The angle of the stand can be altered from nearly upright to tilted back. The legs can stand slightly apart (suits Kindle or phone) to wide for a large tablet. The rubbery strip on the underside of the legs means the legs are slip-resistant. It also compacts when folded to a lightweight 7" x 1½" x 1" - easy to carry in a bag or case. It seems well-made and I would recommend it.