Colour Name: VersaillesChange

on 5 April 2012
I was in two minds what to expect with this product, but it is a simply stunning piece of work. The italian fabric covering is sturdy and offers a good grip so you are unlikely to drop it, the microsuede lining is soft and durable and the elastic is so strong it is a bit of a strain to get the kindle in, it's not going to fall out! A beautiful cover that lets you sit your kindle amongst the rest of your book collection.
0Comment43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2012
If you own a Kindle or Kindle Fire e-reader or most any other brand 7" tablet you will be thrilled to be the proud owner of this VERSO PROLOGUE cover. It is lightweight, easy to hold and best of all it is very attractive. This particular cover design has the feel of embossed and gilded leather and your high tech reader could easily be taken for a vintage volume when sitting on your bookshelf. In addition, the soft interior is kinder to the "face" of my kindle preventing the possibility of scratches to the glass. As far as the portability factor, I do wish that this cover featured some sort of closure....perhaps a small strap that would make it look like a vintage diary and assure the safety of your Kindle since I am concerned that over time the four small elastic corner straps may lose their elasticity. Those are two concerns but the asthetic beauty of the cover is such that I'm willing to take a chance.

This cover is much nicer than my original blah black Kindle cover which I got last year. I was so impressed with the quality and appearance of this particular product that I ordered a couple more as gifts....one for a girlfriend and a second for my teen-aged grand-daughter (I selected another, more youthful design for her). If you have a "difficult to buy for" someone on your holiday gift list who owns a tablet or e-reader or if your just looking for something a little different to give to brighten their day, this could very well be the solution to your gift giving problem. 3 1/2 stars ----just because of the two concerns indicated in the last paragraph.
on 26 October 2012
Love my Verso Kindle Cover. Robust, snug fit & has expensive look about it. Fully protects my Kindle from the bumping around in my bag. The cover has been well commented on by friends who all love it too.
on 20 September 2012
I bought this as a gitft, and they love the design on the cover.
The case is hard and offers good protection to the kindle, and is also very durable.
I have had it months and no damage to the case
on 12 May 2012
I really like this cover, it looks great, folds flat in use and has a band to hold it closed. Everything I wanted from a cover.
11 comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2012
Looks beautiful and does its job in keeping my Kindle in good condition. I would recommend this product to anyone who owns a Kindle.
on 17 July 2012
Looking for covers for my Kindle I found this beauty and knew it was the one for me. Definitely an off-white rather than pure white but I saw that in the reviews so expected it.

The cover keeps my Kindle safe from the beatings it would have taken in my bag and from my clumsy life in general. I really like that the cover has a thin pocket on the inside where I placed my train, bus and ferry tickets on my last couple of journeys. It's so great not having to root around in your bag for tickets when you've got the Kindle already out on the table, which I always do.

I'm sure it will pick up the dirt easily, but just keep on top of it with a damp cloth every now and then and it will be fine. A bit overpriced but so are most Kindle covers.
on 3 December 2012

on 1 July 2012
This cover holds my Kindle firmly, and looks lovely. I've had a lot of positive comments about it - people often ask me what I am reading as it looks like a lovely old book. Its also pretty lightweight which is important for me as I read in bed. I've dropped my Kindle a couple of times since I've had it, but this cover seems to have protected it fine as there is no damage to either the Kindle or the cover. Equally I've been caught out in the rain with it and the cover has protected the Kindle well.

Addressing negative comments about this cover:
There have been a few comments on this cover that say it looks like plastic leather - I don't agree that this is the case, it's colour is exactly as it looks in the picture and the feel of the material is far from plastic. Another poster also commented that it has stained their Kindle - I've just checked mine after a couple of months use and it has left some feint black marks, but then this is the first time I've removed the cover and I don't expect I'll remove it again... so not sure why a few stains will ever be a problem! If you remove the cover of your Kindle often then maybe this isn't the cover for you.

All in all, exactly what I had hoped for. I'd love a dark brown version too if Verso were to make one, but essentially this is pretty perfect.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2012
Arrive well packed and promptly a few days after delivery. My kindle fitted in just fine. Smooth leather bound bind cover, with a soft material texture for the black and white pattern. Wonderful little item, and very pretty. Protects kindle well, well worth purchasing if your planning on using your kindle a lot.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse