Colour: Ice WhiteEdition: Standard EditionChange
Price:£91.50+ £10.50 shipping

on 5 November 2014
If screen size isn't a problem then it's perfect. It's not too small, but some people much prefer the XL with the bigger screen. Moving to this from an XL though, I personally didn't have a problem. I pretty much purchase this because of the extremely good price (£99 when I bought it) and I prefer this over a 2DS so I thought why not.

Some points I would like to mention

1. This product might be limited stock and could stock up more because Nintendo are bringing out the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL next year and they are showing signs of discontinuing the original model (This product). Might explain why the price is so good as well.

2. Obviously as I just mentioned are new models coming out next year with more power, improved 3D and many other fantastic features. Also has a 0.5 inch bigger screen so if a 3DS is a bit small, but XL is too bit then the New 3DS might be just right, but the problem being is that it won't be available until early next year so if you can wait then maybe you might prefer to wait and go for the newer product.

I wanted to get an original anyway because I like collecting and this is still a fantastic product and I intend on getting their new models next year, but felt I should point that out should somebody buy this and then want their next best thing. Can't really say much about their new products because Nintendo hasn't said much either, but I'm sure if you have kids then it doesn't matter whether it is this product or their latest because they will still carry on supporting this model until the next-generation which is years away.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Hadn't realised the screen wasn't vastly different in size to the Normal DS that she already had, but got a good deal for it on Black Friday and she is really happy with it.
on 29 May 2015
Bought this for my 14 year old brother over a year ago, he loves it and still frequently plays.
He hasn't said much about it as he's a quiet soul but I can tell he really enjoys it. He's a passionate gamer who knows his stuff, so I'm going to throw it out there that this is a great product.
on 27 August 2012
I would highly reccommend this, the 3d is really good and picture quality is a big step up from the previous model.
on 19 January 2014
Great price great product
My niece loves this especially the colour
Works great and really easy to set up/ use
on 25 January 2014
I am very pleased with this item and would have no hesitation in recommending it. I previously used the Nintendo DS but the 3DS brings games to life.
on 4 May 2014
Bought as an upgrade for DS2, does all the description says it should do, 3D is good, easy to find my way around.
on 19 April 2014
It is the perfect size and it seems to be a perfectly good 3DS. Let's hope it stays that way!
on 2 April 2014
i bought this as a second unit to play multiplayer games with my son. easy to use and set up.
on 25 August 2015
I've had this since the start of October last year, we are now at the rear end of August, and I still feel as if I've just bought this. I was 22 when I received it, and felt like an 8 year old getting my first Game Boy Colour all over again! This thing has done me proud for nearly a year. Poured probably 100 hours into Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Kid Icarus: Uprising, alone.

Have to say I don't really use the 3D very much, but I'll switch it up every now and again. Only gripe I have with it is that my hands are a bit too big to grip it as comfortably as I want to.

The 3DS has hands down the best library of games for this generation, much like its Wii U counterpart, as most of the first party big boys have an instalment on here. But maybe that's just my 'N' shaped heart talking ;)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse