Colour: Black and BlueChange

VINE VOICEon 6 August 2013
Just a tip...

If you are using in the water the handle tends to fill up and only drains out slowly via the small hole in the base of the rubber cover over the handle.

Thus after packing all your kit away you may wonder why everything is wet.

Shaking the handle up and down makes it dispense the water like a salt dispenser.

The solution BTW is to cut the rubber away on the base to make the hole larger.
on 5 August 2014
Beware you will not get what is pictured you get the old model !!!

Poor show from amazon in response to my complaint 5/8/14
on 7 June 2013
The Gopole Grenade GoPro Grip is perfect for you that want to use you Gopro has a FlipCam, very confortable fit, you can have it in your hand for hours without pain, also, the fact that it is very small means that you can guard it in any bag. It brings a wrist strap that is very secure. I recomend you to buy this, you won't regret about it!
on 9 June 2013
When you have lot of shooting from your hand, this is great solution. But discover that some extending poles can be much better (less shaking on video).
on 12 February 2015
This product arrived today and does not look like the photographs.

First off there is no thumbscrew included with this. Although there is one clearly displayed in the product images.

Secondly the tether has no way of attaching to the grenade grip it just comes loose in the package with no screw to fit it to the base as also shown in the images.

Thirdly there is no sign whatsoever of the small carabiner displayed.

Finally this point doesn't bother me as much but it may to some people. The box that is shown in the product images is not what your purchase will arrive in. Mine came in a clear plastic pouch with piece of card with the item photographed on it.

Positive Nots:
It does come fitted with one metal nut.
I like the compact size.

To give you an idea of size;
When the product is in your hand the majority of the black grip is against you palm with just the blue mounting bracket sticking above your hand.

All in all so far I am disappointed with this product and I haven't even used it yet.

UPDATE:
I still have the product and Amazon support have provided me with assistance with my product not being complete. I highly recommend their customer support for many issues.
on 6 January 2014
I'd say this is over priced at just under £20.

For that kind of money I would expect a screw to attach it with.

There's no proper place to attach the wrist strap, so I put it between the blue fingers before placing the screw.

This means each time you take your goPro case off the handle the strap is loose and likely to be lost.

Also, it feels cheep to touch.
on 20 May 2012
This is and excellent product though could have been supplied with the mounting bolt and nut. I have found it very useful when filming
on 11 August 2013
This grip works (well, what's not to work with such a simple design) but it really isn't worth the money (currently around £20). None of the materials used is particularly special, as far as I can make out anyway, in fact the safety strap doesn't even have a dedicated point of attachment - without any instructions you sort of guess it has to go in amongst the screw fitting somewhere. As you can tell, I'm not very impressed.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2015
What I received isn't what was stated in the pictures. I got something that has the same branding but looks like a cheaper version. Also the supplied strap has no way of attaching it to the bottom of the handle. Had I have known this, I wouldn't have paid £17 for it. The grip looks like it will do the job hence two stars. But buyer beware - It is just a cheap handle. Not worth £17.

Update:
Changed my mind - I've lowered this to one star as it is misleading advertisement.
review image review image
on 14 October 2015
BEFORE YOU ORDER A GRENADE GRIP, CHECK THE SELLER!!
Looking through the reviews for this item, I found lots of people had received the old version of the GoPole grenade Grip. This is mainly down to the SELLER selling old stock. When I ordered mine, I checked with the seller (SerfSurfSurf North Devon) to make sure I was going to get the new one!
Sure enough, within 5 days of ordering my grip, the 2nd generation grenade grip arrived!
The grip feels sturdy in the hand - the rubber coating secures it in your hand and provides a non slip grip, which I'm sure would be as grippy if used in water.
The 1/4 by 20 inch thread on the bottom allows you to attach it to the included carabineer clip and wrist strap, adding to the sheer versatility of this product. This also means you can mount it to the GoPole base or any 1/4 inch head tripod.
The grip also comes with a hi-torque thumbscrew, which allows you to tighten your gopro much stronger than you would with the original gopro thumbscrews, without a wrench. I'm thinking of ordering more of these soon, as they have changed how quick I can tighten my GoPro on the field so dramatically.
The grip is such great buy, and for the price there aren't any other grips as versatile as this one out there. I will definitely be buying from GoPole again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse