on 13 February 2012
Well Empire of Ice finally arrived to a certain amount of expectation.
The figure Slam Bam is pretty good and so are the two items, the Anvil of Rain drops anvils for a short time damaging anything nearby and the Shield does just that gives you a limited time shield around the Skylander you are using.
Now onto the adventure itself, this when compared to Darklight Crypt is very, very poor. It will take about 15 minutes to complete as all you are required to do ir collect four parts of a catapult and use it to demolish a barricade - that is it, the path you take is linear so no exploring, even the extra bit that opens when using a fire and undead element take seconds to complete.
Unless you must have Slam Bam and the two items I would give this a miss and get Darklight Crypt which has a ot more content for the same money.
If this was just the extra "level" it is not big enough to be called a new "world" then I would give it 1 star, but the items and figure raise this to the 3 stars I have given it overall.
22 comments32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 March 2012
Although I preorderd this item I received it 1 week late that disappointed me but the product it self is very good slam bam is fantastic and the figure it self is a bit bulkier and heavier
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
my kids love this and the new level it opens is great. you can use the small items that come with it throughout the game not just on the extra level.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 February 2012
I gave this to my nine year-old and he finished the "Adventure" very quickly. The Slam Bam character is nice, but this pack isn't great value as extra material is inadaquate. The shield and anvils aren't particularly cool either. It struggles to justify the RRP and certainly isn't worth the touts and scalpers prices. You can feel good about giving this pack a miss. The Pirates Cove is a much better pack, if you're only going to get one.
11 comment8 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2012
After the disappointment that Pirate Cove had with its OK active ability and it's great Hero, I wasn't put off thankfully. I still wanted more to this game, and Empire of Ice gives just that. With over 40 minutes of gameplay (compared to 20 minutes in Pirate Cove), players are expected to use their agility rather than their eyes in a game of cards (PIRATE COVES!!!!). The Skylander that comes with this pack is a rather good melee character, one of the stronger ones, and I'd recommend you use him before the final battle with Kaos just to make sure he's good enough for that.
on 9 May 2012
Skylanders is an excellent game and the adventure packs are a very good addition to the main game. I can comment on this pack, plus the Dark light crypt and the Pirate adventure packs and are all of a pretty similar size and difficulty and all offer further treasure chests/presents. Very good overall.
on 29 May 2014
Very pleased with purchase. Despatch time and quality of goods. Both my boys very pleased with what we received and use most days.
on 1 July 2013
It was a good idea, but for the amount of play time I got out of it the ticket price was way too high. The items that came with it (shield and anvil), I didn't even use and they weren't explained properly so I was quite disappointed in the whole thing.

I will think twice before investing more money is this franchise.
on 13 November 2012
First off all sky iron sheild is a really good item. Then Anvil rain does really good attack. Empire of ice is a really good adventure but I will say at times it can be a little to hard. Haldor is a really freindly kids freind and slam bam is just the best. You cannot beat slam bam he is just Armed and dangerous.
on 20 May 2014
This is an add on pack to the successful Skylanders game with a new scenario level for your characters to go and discover new challenges in this new area in the game. This pack extends the game with a new level add-on to this adventurous multi level extravaganza. Good friendly fun for the family.