Price:£20.98 - £32.81

on 26 June 2008
I cannot recommend this item highly enough. My son learned to swim with these as a 3 year old. He is now eight, and I'm now using them with my daughter who is nearly three! They are still in fantastic condition and are far superior to the "blow up" armbands which pinch skin, and deflate. The discs can be removed as swimming improves. They are pricey but worth every penny!
on 24 March 2008
These are fab. WE're buying a second set for our second child. They're safe, easy to put on and off, easy to clean. They give confidence because they don't move around on the arm and keep the child afloat - unlike most inflating armbands. No leaks either. They don't clip together as well as the description would have you believe, but they have been great for us!
on 27 June 2011
Not only do these actually work (keeping my 20 month old son's head out of the water) but, as they are made of hard foam, they don't pop if he takes a sneeky bite at them :-)
on 30 August 2008
I have worked for nearly a decade with these, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Forget any other belts and bands. Start off with three on each arm, and work the way down. One of the best innovations in swimming over the past 20 years!
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2009
Very Good. My 18 month old grandson has taken to the product with no problems. He is taken swimming once or twice a week and is gaining in confidence on each occasion. A worthwhile buy.
on 14 February 2015
Love these disks. They allow my daughter to use/move her arms easier than armbands and I love that it's a gradual reduction to removing them, just having one disc makes her try harder. She's a confident swimmer with armbands but can't swim without, so these are a great inbetween aid to keep the improvement and effort up!
on 30 December 2012
These are great aids for toddlers learning to swim. My 4 year old son is having swimming lessons and they encourage them to use these swimming 'muscles' as they enable them to swim in a more horizontal position as oppose to blow up arm bands which encourage a perpendicular position in the water. I wanted to get him a pair of his own so that he can practice out of lesson time and they are perfect for him as he has very skinny arms so they stay on! These armbands are expensive but are well made and will last for a few years until he is able to swim unaided. I have already recommended them to several other mums!
on 28 October 2014
I'd highly recommend these. Even after vigorous use, for the last couple of months, they still look like they did when they arrived. They aren't too restrictive or irritating to the skin, yet still offer good support in the water. My son first used these for his swimming lessons and it's really helpful having them to use when we all go swimming too. We've tried other floats and arm bands but these are definitely the best for allowing children to build up their swimming skills while gradually reducing their reliance on the arm bands.
on 16 October 2011
I have tried other floating aids/arm bands which are great in keeping my grandson afloat but are too buoyant.

These arm bands are perfect in such that they keep you afloat but allow enough for the child to still have to work at being buoyant in the water and aid free movement in the pool without being stranded in one place despite good leg kicking. There is, like all similar products, the advantage of removing one of the arm bands on each arm as their confidence/ability in the water grows until they require no arm bands.

Thanks
on 16 February 2016
Forget normal blow up armbands, these are far better. Our 6 year old son started using these when he began lessons - so bought these on recommendation of his swim teacher. Great as you can remove a ring at a time as confidence grows.