on 18 November 2012
I bought this cellphone on a SIM free deal to replace a "smartphone" which is anything but smart. The Nokia is a good, solid little phone - smaller than the HTC Wildfire S that it replaced and seems more robust in build. It has small keys on the keypad, so care is needed when texting, but I do not make the errors in touching the wrong letters and figures all the time that plagued me with the "smartphone" - whoever decided that we needed to stroke phone screens to do anything with them and then made it so difficult for the screen to respond properly? Battery life on the Nokia seems OK but not outstanding - 4 to 5 days on standby with some call and text use in that time is better than the HTC, even with all the "apps" turned off. I have not managed to transfer any data - photos, contact list or anything - from my older HTC Wildfire because of the different operating systems, and the Nokia also does not link to my computer at all, so I have had to enter all data manually contact by contact - a real nuisance. However, if you want a fairly basic cellphone with not many bells and whistles, thr Nokia is a good buy.
on 8 June 2013
I, like others bought this phone to replace a smart phone after my Motorola broke down after 1 year and 1 month.
I've got to say over-all I love it, I'm baffled by the reviewer who says it doesn't turn off when you close it, it does whatever you configure it to do when you close it. I to had problems with blue tooth, got it to connect to my PC ok but couldn't transfer files or anything else.
Apart from that I have only positive things to say. Great reception, really good volume on radio and mp3 player. Simple to make play lists and plenty or room for music and movies (.3gp) with micro sd (I use 8 GB and there is no lag when almost full)
movies display in Full screen well by turning the phone on it's side. Camera is reasonably good although it's annoying the way you have to choose what to do after each individual shot with each individual pic. instead of auto storing so that you can rapidly take a string of pics. but I think that may be possible via settings and I just haven't found it yet.
Of course sim free puts you in charge (I'm hooked on sim free and will never go back)
A great basic phone that does all a phone needs to do.
on 23 February 2012
I've had one for a few weeks now. As I already use O2 I bought it from them at a less price than is quoted here. Its not a bad phone and a lot easier to use than others. Its a basic phone and fits nicely in your pocket/bag. The only thing is the battery does not last very long before it needs re-charging. However, its a handy phone if you do not need to use one very much and do not want anything too complicated. I like the slide part of it. Overall I rate it 8/10.
on 29 July 2013
I bought this phone for my Mother to see out the remaining 6 months of her contract as her Galaxy Ace had broken.
At first glance I found I didn't like the plastic feel and general low quality appearance of the phone However it was not for me but my 75 year old Mum who was quite happy to have a slider phone like in the ''Old Days'' as she can't really cope with a smart phone, heavy fingers and all that.
I fitted the '3' Sim card went through the setup but no phone reception. I tried again with my '3' sim
card again no luck. I then tried again with the orange Sim from my work phone and Voila a full signal.
After reading the Manual in small letters it says that the phone is compatible with GSM networks 900/1800
unfortunately no mention of WCDMA 2400.I was disappointed that Amazon do not stress this fact on the information page when buying, we could have saved a lot of time and expense of the return not to mention the disappointment of an elderly Lady.
on 25 April 2012
Its a basic phone which is suitable for use as a standard phone without too many frills and not being too complicated. Disadvantage with the short battery usage time before re-charging.
on 1 December 2012
Good Phone if all you want to do is text + phone.
Easy to work with all that you would expect from a nokia phone.
Battery life good, not like some phones where you need to charge every other day.
on 25 June 2012
I was let down my my Alcatel phone, and decided to return to Nokia.
It works well, but I cannot so far lock the phone when I decide to, it automatically locks when it is left for a few minutes if the keyboard is not used. Unlocking is simple.
Disappointing that the MP3 player does not have an equaliser on board. The phone feels rather flimsy but a silicone cover makes gives it much more robust feel. Frustrating how the photo library and video library refreshes when loading, Alcatel just show the photos straight away. A confusing menu when answering a call, but offset by selecting "any key answer". Also no facility for banning certain callers, that used to be there on a £5 Nokia Phone. The ring and text sound does not seem as loud as my Alcatel. I am sure however that this phone is built to last. A good price on Amazon, and a phone worth owning.
on 9 February 2014
I had a Samsung E250 which I was very happy with but as I am with Asda the change to EE meant I could not use. This Nokia is even better and I LOVE IT!. It does everything I want and more (don't use Internet at present). It took my sim with no problem and all my info. Have loved it from day one. The screen is a good size and the feel of the phone is good, not to light. I have a Nokia Classic as a 'spare' but hope my C2-5 lasts as long as my Samsung.
on 26 February 2012
Nokia C2-05 is very slim and attractive phone.was easy to get started. Thats when I discovered the signal was breaking up and on many occasions totally, terminated the call. I was intrigued. Later i noticed the sim card was not making a firm contact. IMO, it is a design fault.
on 1 March 2016
This little gem is an updated version of my old phone. I did not want an all singing all dancing smart phone with a touch screen. I wanted a phone that I can make and receive voice calls and text messages on this phone allows me to do that incredibly well. The camera may not be the best quality but for me to be able to take the occasional photo is absolutely fine, I am not looking for a camera with a phone attached. The quality build is very good and easy to navigate around. All in all this is a very handy/easy to handle little mobile I would highly recommend it to anybody not wanting one of those hard to handle touch screen phones.

This is an update message dated 12th April 2016. I have had to return the phone to the retailer as it unfortunately started to fall apart!! A piece of trim adjacent the scroll button fell off and as I did not notice it happening it got lost. I am now awaiting a full credit including the cost of retuning the faulty phone.