Colour Name: whiteChange

on 29 July 2014
After owning this microphone for a while, i thought it would be worth a review.

Pros:

- Compact form factor. They've managed to fit an incredibly good condenser microphone and stand in a small box for a great price here. It fits excellently on my desk.

- Sound quality. After using both IM applications and also music production software, i've found the microphone can deal with both voice instruments very effectivley. Very good for acoustic instruments.

- Price. It may seem a bit expensive, but for the quality of the product it is worth it. Stellar build quality, great sound and a great size. All of these make it worth the full price.

Cons:

- The red light always being on is somewhat irritating, but thats how picky im having to be about con's for this microphone.
11 comment41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2012
Just got my Snowball ice today, The only diffrence between this and the normal snowball is the no option for the omni-direction, But as i'll be recording solo which is Cardiod i wont need the other feature also good for voice overs ext, Also very good for recording instruments. Really easy to set up and use. The Sound is incredible it's HD and just supperb has a nice rich tone also note it's a condensor mic too if your not bothered about the other features which a Snowball has and your going to be recording only ever one person this is a great purchase and your saving your self $50 :)

I'd recommed buying a pop filter which are really cheap and help enhance your recording by removing Popping and harsh sounds. Also to keep your Mic's Diaphragm clean from plosives
11 comment66 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2013
Brilliant mic, all I wanted was a high quality mic that would allow me to record good qaulity audio for my youtube videos and live streams and this does the job brilliantly
55 comments46 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2013
Step 1: Plug it into yo computer.
Step 2: Record an intellectual, family-friendly podcast.
Step 3: Enjoy lovely jubbly quality from this awesome product.
Step 4: Go to a restaurant for your birthday treat. It'll be great. (optional)
0Comment33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2014
This is an absolutely easy microphone to set up, no trouble! It works with windows 8, just plug it in and it will detect it. The hand books are very helpful and easy to understand. You can adjust it up and down not side to side. If you're looking for a slightly better model that will last you longer than go for the normal Blue Snowball. The ice is made of plastic(The stand)but the normal one has a metal stand. It has a USB plug - in and will work with any computer and even for iPad! ***** quality
on 15 January 2014
I train people on marketing and have started using audio files and pod casts of useful marketing guides and tips and this microphone has imroved my presentation 1000% I am so please with it.
I would recommend this product very highly, I cannot believe it can get better than this...
on 15 May 2014
For the price I can highly recommend this microphone. My only criticism would have to be the requirement of a pop filter and not getting one with it. I only use it fro voice recording to videos but found that a pop filter is a must so if you want this mic order a filter at the same time for great performance on a budget.
on 29 April 2014
I was skeptical about paying a lot for a microphone. I primarily use my microphone for skype with friends whilst playing online games. I have always had a fairly decent headset and used the provided microphone. Due to some issues with my mic input I wanted to get a USB microphone but was a little bit worried about the size or quality of a microphone like this.

It is, without a doubt, one of the best purchases I've made. The quality is incredible and after recording myself back to test it I am blown away with the quality. I bought a pop shield to go infront of it which I would certainly recommend as without it I found it could be quite sharp with some sounds.

My friends have seen a big difference in quality and it's nice to not having something waving around in my face. I sit about 2 foot from the microphone and even talking very quietly can be heard clearly.

I was debating whether to get the blue YETI originally but couldn't justify the extra in cost. Whether or not the blue yeti is much better I am not sure but I am sure you won't be disapointed with the overall quality of this.

Great product. Highly recommend it.
on 11 September 2012
Great mic, excelent sound in HD. works great with all recording programs since camtasia to audacity and others. Recomend this mic!
on 12 April 2015
Excellent quality, my only issue is it seems to be very quiet! Even up close, things I record seem to be drowned out by other sounds ffrom games and such. Also if I have to start using it too close, I will need to buy a pop filter. Which is an extra £5 expense at least.

It seems to pick up a lot of background noises, but it's not at all distorted or static. So that's good and bad I guess.

EDIT: After owning this for less than a year, it has started to cut out while I'm talking. I expect MUCH better from a £40 microphone, since I could have spent £10 on a cheaper one that would last longer.