4.7 out of 5 stars13,054
Denomination: 50Design Name: Gifting SnowmanChange

on 3 September 2014
The only problem I had with this gift token service, which I think is excellent by the way, is that the recipient, my son-in-law, saw that he had an email from Amazon and automatically deleted it thinking it was the normal type of unsolicited mail from Amazon.

He is not the type of person not to thank for something like a gift token so I followed it up with him and he looked again at his deleted "Amazons" and found it. Then I received an email from Amazon telling me that he had received it. Relief! It wasn't Amazon's fault that he deleted it but I wonder if it could be possible for Amazon to send a notification of the arrival of a gift token in another form that is different to their normal unsolicited mails so that it can't be mistaken for junk mail and the recipient wouldn't do the same as my son-in-law did.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2013
I bought this as a present to be used to buy one of the E books. However, my wife told me that she seemed unable to use the voucher for this type of purchase. It appeared that the voucher could only be used on specific types of items.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2011
Amazon have just dropped their gift voucher validity down to 1 year (was 3). I have been buying these vouchers for kids as away of allowing them to save up to buy a larger item of their choice. However, Amazon, clearly not satisfied with the interest free loan I provide them, after 12 months now pocket the capital as well!! In most countries this is against the law and it beggars belief we allow companies to steal our hard earned cash like this in the UK.

Please vote with your feet and boycott Amazon vouchers until they show some sense of moral decency towards their customers.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2011
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at, but the recipient can spend on - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2011
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: " is not responsible if a gift certificate or a gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission". I then started to worry that the e-mailed certificate could be sent to a spam folder and then deleted, so I had to phone my friend and tell him to watch out for it and check his spam folder. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you get the e-mail address wrong and send it to someone else, you will probably lose it.

Having said that, they are flexible in that the amount of the certificate goes into the persons account and they can use a credit card to top up for larger purchases or combine gift certificates and if they use less than what you provide, the remainder stays in the persons account for at least a year anyway. I think if I use them again, I will print them rather than e-mail them for security. I wouldn't send them to someone who didn't already have an Amazon account because you are effectively forcing them to open one.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2014
Excellent job by Amazon. Easiest and most convenient shopping experience ever! The end result was priceless - Smiles on the recipients faces!
review image
on 8 January 2011
You had requested me to review the "Gift Certificates" CARD that you use on your website. YOU DO NOT PRODUCE PLASTIC CARDS FROM THE SMALL VARIETIES OF CARDS. Why can't you change the design FREQUENTLY. I have giving gift certificates to my friends and family at the site for years. Come on, how simple is it to change the "web" cards! Someone at the gift certificate web department is not doing their job. Unless you charge the art detail on the gift cards I shall consider another UK website for gift certificates. I think you have a very captive USA audience which has found out it is easier to send a gift card than mailing US cash.
I wonder what other people think? GIVE MORE GIFT CARD VARIETY!
on 13 March 2011
I live abroad, so sending an E-card is a perfect way for me to get gifts to folks back in the UK on time for birthdays or other occasions. Amazon has a great selection so it works out great for me. On the downside, Amazon gift certificates expire--they have 1 year life expectancy. You'd think that was plenty of time to spend it out...but it seems this is not so. I recently had a family member completely lose out on a card I had paid for since she forgot about it. The money was lost (I totally disagree with this being allowed!), and there was no warning to say it was about to expire; neither to me, or to the recipient. I think Amazon should really change their policy and practices related to this.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Amazon’s gift vouchers make an ideal present for Christmas, birthdays, and other occasions. There are various ways of sending these, from the quick and easy email version to having them sent or printing them off to give. Personally I prefer to use the email method as it is quick and easy, and you know when it will be sent and that it has been received.

The expiry dates on these is for years in advance and so there is no need to have the recipient spend it all straight away, as you can spend it bit by bit. With the email version of these you also have as well as the standard pictures and customisation, the ability to send animated gift cards, which do go down well.

Two things to remember, if you somehow make a mistake or have problems then please notify customer services who should be able to sort you out pretty quickly, even deleting the one you have just done so you can start again. If you are sending one abroad please remember to use the appropriate Amazon site so that you send the right currency. In all this is an ideal, quick and hassle free way to send a present that will be appreciated at any time.
on 18 November 2013
I tried sending this a number of did not arrive on my friends birthday...but some days later. She finally recieved it twice, but neither gift certificate worked.

I complained by email to Amazon, after unsuccessfully trying to resend it. I recieved an email saying it had been resent....but it has never arrived!!!
I know the email address is correct, as she recieved it although it didn't work.

A pity, as the greetings message was really sweet.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Customers who viewed this item also viewed Printable Gift Voucher Printable Gift Voucher by Amazon EU S.à.r.l.
£1.00 - £1,000.00