on 17 July 2012
I was on the lookout for proper dark chocolate and the best I can get here in normal stores is either Green and Blacks 85% or Lindt 90%. Which are both good, but I just wanted a 99% or 100% cocoa chocolate without any added sugar. And since I had Zotter chocolate before (this brand is just amazing in general!), I was eager to try them out.
All I can say is, oh my god! From opening to tasting, they are just perfect. So you open them, see a nice little written note, on how to eat (or savor) chocolate properly. Then you have to rip open some golden paper to see a bar with an amazing Logo and the name Zotter "printed" on it. From the first moment on, you can already smell the mild, amazing cocoa bean. Zotter himself writes, this is the mildest cocoa bean he has come across in his life and he is certainly not wrong. The moment you put the chocolate on your tongue and it slowly start to melt, there is just an explosion of this amazing, mild cocoa taste, definitely not what you expect from a 100% cocoa chocolate. And then, after you have savored on this great taste, it just stays in your mouth for 5-10 minutes.

I really don't want any other chocolate anymore after this one. So for everyone who likes dark chocolate, get this healthy bar and enjoy it.
on 25 February 2013
This tastes amazing. I was looking for something after Hotel Chocolat stopped producing the black label 100%- and this is better.
Value for money, you get a lot of chocolate sent. There is no bitterness or after taste with this chocolate (as there is with Hotel Chocolat). You only need to eat a small amount for a real chocolate hit. My only issue is that even my kids like it, so it might disappear more quickly!
on 26 September 2012
It took a couple of days to get used to the bitter taste but I found I needed less very good for purists also great source of magnesium
on 30 June 2013
Having tried lots of 85% Dark Chocolate I thought I'd give this a try and wow! It's a step up to put it mildly it really will blow your head off, it's tasty but definitely a refined taste. VERY VERY strong if you can get past the initial bitterness it is great, just not for everyone.
on 1 February 2014
This chocolate is to be savoured in little bits for sure.
You will not get fat.
Instead each bit is like a little taste explosion in your mouth.
There is no sugar.
Next time the EU wants to rebrand Cadbury's as "Chocolate flavoured candy" you will find yourself agreeing.
It really is quite an eye opener.
Not for everyone though - it seems to split opinion. Some people just can't handle it.
If you like things a bit different (and you probably do as you're reading this) then buy some.
on 23 April 2016
I buy this monthly on Subscribe and Save. It's simply the best 100% chocolate I've tasted. I follow a very low carb diet and a piece of this with a cuppa is something I really enjoy at the end of the day (and several times during the day too!). It does have a bitter taste if you're unused to high cocoa content chocolate, even if you're eating 75% + but after only a few days and as long as you're not eating too many sugary foods, the bitter tastes goes completely and you only experience the gorgeous hit of chocolate.
on 3 October 2013
It is known that 100% dark chocolate prevents you from snacking too much during the day. And I must say it does its work

Also the packaging is nice, they give tips to really make the chocolate piece melt so you can enjoy the taste the best possible way.

The only thing the screen doesn't really give you the exact size of the tablet, I was expecting something bigger but it is actually 2 tablets of : 11.5cm x 4.5cm (4" x 1.5") each
on 24 April 2015
I eat 100% only and it's not the best 100% I've ever tasted, far from it. I found that one a bit "dry". There are better cacao out there, and less bitter. There's also an after taste that I didnt like.
on 21 January 2016
It is an acquired taste, you can only eat a little at a time, Is quite bitter and intense (goes well with Port!).
This are tiny bars but unlike a Mars Bar, you wont be able to finish one in one go.
It tastes very different to normal dark chocolate, eve the 80% tastes quite different to this.
But if you have a chocolate craving, that will stop it with a tiny piece.
Its also good to add to home made Marmalade to make it silky smooth.
on 13 March 2016
It's nice, high quality chocolate but I have understood that 100% is too much for me. I'm sticking to 80-90% at the moment, because 100% is way to bitter.
it's good to fight appetite - if I feel hungry, couple of pieces of this chocolate and I will be good for couple of hours. I saw somewhere on TV a research which proves the darker the chocolate, the better it works against cravings and tackling hunger.