Colour: WhiteChange
Price:£79.99+ Free shipping

on 4 March 2014
I bought mine from a certain high-street catalogue-based shop when it first came out in 2011 and I love it even more now than I did then. As others have said, it's not a "fryer" but an incredibly efficient fan oven. For small amounts it is so much more economical than turning on the oven, and it cooks everything at least 10 minutes quicker. Despite its compact size I can get a full meal for two cooked by layering and wrapping in foil when needed: just remember to shake and turn often.

What I usually cook other than oven chips/ wedges:
* (Veggie) sausages & burgers. Especially useful for defrosting and browning them off before chopping and adding to a vegetarian stew.
* Panini: ciabatta or panino rolls filled with cheese (& ham for my partner), onions, onion marmalade or pesto, garlic mayo, sundried tomatoes, grilled peppers or jalapeños, wrapped in foil and baked for 8 minutes (no pre-heat).
* Roast veg- much better for roast parsnips than in the conventional oven.
* Sausage rolls/ savour pastries
* Spring rolls
* Two small pies placed diagonally
* Quickly cooking off shop-bought Yorkshire puddings
* Baked tofu for stirfries
* Warming up croissants or freshening up scones/bread rolls (microwave makes them horrible and chewy)
* I have even made a small soda bread in it. I just lined the basket with foil and dusted with flour. Be sure to flatten it down well as it puffs up a lot!
* My small square Pyrex dish fits in it perfectly and small cakes/ puddings could be cooked in it.

My rule of thumb: if it can be cooked in a normal oven/grill and it fits, it goes in!!
If you are on your own or a small family it would be indispensable and economical. Although the new larger version would be better value as you could fit more standard cookware in it, most ready-meal packets and the food would cook quicker with more room.

In short, I love it and wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone.
on 6 November 2013
Paid around £100 which seems expensive for what it is (a small oven with a fan & grill) but it is a lot cleaner & must be better for your health than chips fried in oil,
We found different chips give very different results, crinkle cut chips & thin french fries are fine but thick chips can be to dry, experiment with different makes untill you find what you like,
Our deep fat frier was impossible to keep clean but this is a doddle & although you cant beat chips fried in oil this can produce very acceptable results,
Good points,
Easy to use, easy to keep clean & with the right chips gives perfectly acceptable results,
Not so good points,
Expensive, quite noisy (about the same as a normal extractor fan),
on 5 January 2013
The Air Fryer is very well designed, well built and very efficient, mine had a faulty timer but that can happen to any product, all I got chance to do was cook oven chips, and the difference in taste was very apparent. The food was crisper outside, and softer inside. Looking forward to trying different foodstuffs once I get a replacement, well worth the money.
on 18 March 2012
I bought this gizmo mainly to do chips-I dont like oven chips and deep fat fryers just not healthy.I am well satisfied,the chips taste much much better than oven chips-also used it to cook frozen sausage rolls and other pastry snacks.Cooked fishcakes,drumsticks,chops and steak all with excellent results.It is ideal for cooking small portions or snacks where you would normally have to heat up the whole oven for or grill. Its easy to operate,easy to clean and is only limited by the size of the basket.Once yo know your timings you can leave it unattended and wait for the "ping",which is great when you are entertaining as you wouldnt be able to do that with a frying pan.All and all I recommend this product and will continue to find new uses for it(like crisping up rolls etc)
on 11 March 2012
Sick of cleaning the gloop from the bottom of the deep fat fryer - not to mention the guilt trip each time I served greasy chips - I bought an Actifry. The stirrer didn't turn & i hauled it all the way back to the shop. A friend in Germany praised her air fryer & I ordered one, which arrived quickly from Amazon. It's the best! None of the assembly faff with the rotary fryers. Everyone agreed the chips and sauteed potatos were loads better and my husband comments every time I find a new use for it that it's been the only gadget he has ever thought worth the money. I use it as a mini oven for small quantities of anything which I don't want to hover over a grill for - waffles, fish fingers, naan bread, the list grows. Best of all, the kids wash the basket with the dishes. No more grotty oil to dispose of. I can't believe i've never seen these on sale or advertised... I'm recommending them to everyone :)
on 1 May 2012
This is a brilliant item ...... The deep fat frier is OUT ......... Would highly recommend the air frier to everyone it is much healthier and it is so nice not to ave greasy food. Makes a really good job of frozen roast potatoes.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2012
Amazing item really brings out the flavour of whatever you put in it. I use it every day luv it. A must buy.
on 13 November 2013
use this instead of your deep fat fryer, crisper chips, better everything and weight just falls off as a bonus
on 26 December 2012
It took me some time to decide whether to buy this product as it seemed expensive. However, now I have it I really love it.
Would certainly recommend, there are so many meals to cook with this and keeps the kitchen free of smells.
on 16 January 2013
I had hoped to get a Tefal Actifry but I had read so many reviews, articles and seen BBC Watchdog mention about the Tefal Actifry catching fire I chose not to buy Tefal. Instead I took a look at the Philips and saw that at-least it was safe and that most people were happy with it. The first night I tried potato chips. As I had read that some people grumbled that the chips weren't cooked well enough I boiled them for 2 minutes and then followed the recipe instructions. The chips turned out perfect. The next day I tried barbecue chicken drumsticks but instead I cut up check-breast since I don't like drum-sticks. It turned out perfect. I also tried Sweet potato chips with the chicken. Don't boil sweet potato since they cook too fast. Just shake them in oil first and use the same time as for potato chips. All turned out better than I expected without any frying smells. If you are a couple with one child then this is ideal for preparing and cooking a meal from start to finish within 1 hour. My 12 yo daughter went crazy since we never fry at home. The fryer is easy to clean and cleans with a soft sponge. I accidentally burnt some mushrooms in the basket which made the basket black and cruddy. I then soaked the basket in warm soapy water and the basket was easily cleaned with the soft sponge. This will not be a fryer that you buy and leave it in the kitchen collecting dust. My oven takes 15 minutes to warm up whereas this takes only 5 minutes and has a lower power rating which makes it very economical.

*Just to make an update (21/8/2014). My AirFryer is still working well. If you are going to make your chips like French-fries you really don't need to boil your potatoes. Boil them only if you want UK style chips which are a bit thicker. The recipe book is useful, quick and easy to make everything. You can find all the ingredients no matter where you live. Each recipe is described on each page with a picture so you can see how each one should turn out.

*Just to make an update (5/11/2015). For anyone interested my AirFryer is still working well without any complaints.