4.2 out of 5 stars3,211

on 11 November 2012
I first tried out love film, but the problem with them is; most of the films you want to watch are not on their instant stream system. Then I remembered Netflix, so I went to the site and checked it out. What I found was; everything I had been looking for. I have a seriously debilitating illness that can leave me stuck in bed for days and to help me, my loving hubby bought me the Kindle Fire HD to help me through these difficult times, so I can through using Netflix watch whole TV series I missed and any film they have and they have thousands. It is so easy to set up, they ask you to give them a list of genre you like to watch, by ticking boxes, the only typing required in the set up is; the same you would do when setting up anything on the web. They are having a free trial, it will cost you nothing for the first month, so you have nothing to loose and everything to gain by giving them a try. I will be staying with them. I hope you find my review helpful.
11 comment|1,528 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2012
Brilliant app. I was on Lovefilm, but had to cancel account could not put up with the poor quality. Then I took a trial out with Netflix wow what a massive difference in quality, loads of films and Tv shows with the added bonus that it plays in brilliant sound and picture quality on my Kindle Fire HD. I will be staying with Netflix when my trial ends in fact I have put 8 friends and relatives on Netflix. I think Sky maybe struggling as 6 of us were with Sky movies and we all have cancelled our accounts. Big difference what Sky charges compared to Netflix. The biggest problem I have is finding the time to watch the content.
0Comment|611 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
If you own a tablet computer, renting Netflix for a month (free for the first month), it's almost a no brainier.  You get access to hundreds of TV series and films, all for just £5.99 a month.

While you won't find the latest blockbusters on there, there's a fair few decent films.  To give you an idea, as of January 2014 the following top films and classics are available:-

+ Hunger Games
+ Snatch
+ Mission impossible - Ghost Protocol
+ The Good, the bad and the ugly
+ The Godfather

Best of all, on TV series, you get the entire series in one go.  I'd personally recommend comedy and drama classics including:-

+ Black Books
+ Fawlty Towers
+ Fringe (the wife was addicted)
+ 24
+ Black Adder (all four series)
+ Breaking Bad

Films and programmes are all organised by genre, and there's even a huge kids section for the young ones.

Oh, yes!  And you can even have up to 4 or 5 people watching at once!  If you're really lucky, you're teenager will be on Netflix, and you can finally retake ownership of the telly!

Oh, and if you've a "Smart TV", computer or even some newish DVD players and set top boxes, you can also watch Netflix on them.

Only gripe is you need to be connected to a WIFI - you can't download any films.  But at this price - what's not to love about it?

[...]
0Comment|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2012
Im a huge fan of netflix, so to see amazon support it with kindle is great! it works great and looks and sounds brilliant throught the kindle fire hd.
0Comment|698 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2013
This app is brilliant I watch it all the time when im bored it's free too see for yourself and buy this app now
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2013
Well after downloading this app my Kindle Fire is now a library of magnificent entertainment. I did not realise the capabilities of my Kindle Fire. I had no problems whatsoever with the Netflix app. After putting in my email and password, the Netflix app played my selected movie immediately. Magnificent app and well happy with this app. Many thanks for the download.
11 comment|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2013
there is a very good selection of films and tv programmes ideal for watching on the kindle i have enjoyed watching old tv series eg New Tricks, Torchwood, Dr Who, Etc.
0Comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2013
Really user friendly and easy to access on all my gadgets. Good range of TV series and I've already recommended it to friends.
on 16 April 2013
This was one of the first apps I installed on my Kindle Fire HD as I already have a Netflix subscription and therefore was not interested in Amazon's own Lovefilm service. I am quite happy with Netflix generally and am even happier with this app, it runs smoothly and without problem on my Kindle. Picture and sound quality are absolutely brilliant. I especially love that, for example, one person can be in the lounge streaming a Netflix programme on the Wii, while I am in bed streaming something else on Netflix on my Kindle. Also, I can watch the beginning of a programme on the Wii or my iMac, then switch the Wii/iMac off, turn the Kindle on, and the Netflix app allows me to pick up the programme exactly where I paused it on the Wii.

I must mention I did come across a small glitch once while using the app, in that I could hear the sound but not see the images. This was quickly solved however by pressing the On button on the Kindle for a few seconds (this action causes the device to reset itself). The app worked fine afterwards.

Well recommended if you are a Netflix subscriber (and if you are not a subscriber already, what are you waiting for ?!)
0Comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2013
This is an App we currently use through the Wii on our television and the whole family think it is great with a wide range of viewing options available at the touch of the button. Once the monthly fee has been paid however, the functionality is also available on computers, tablets and smart phones (although the picture is a little too small on the phone). It enables multiple members of the household to watch different shows in different rooms and cuts down the arguments to the remote control. The App is particular useful for viewing on the Kindle Fire.
Highly recom​mended if you accept the small monthly fee.
0Comment|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse