Colour Name: Fleur|Change

If you're reading this because you're looking for a case, this is the wrong product for you. If you're reading this because you're looking for a decoration for your Kindle that will also help to protect it from fine scratches, then this is a well-made, well-fitting product.

IMO, it's really unfortunate that 'skin' is used to describe both decals and some forms of close-fitting cases for electronics goods, because this creates real confusion. Which isn't diminished by descriptions of vinyl decals as providing some protection for your device.

To do the skins justice, they DO provide a small amount of protection for your Kindle but only from minor cosmetic damage to the outside (NOT including the screen). The skins are narrow enough that they do not affect the Kindle's ability to fit inside a case - even the form-fitting Amazon leather covers.

The Kindle 4 decals come in several parts, so there are no covered over joins on the device surface where the stickers would be vulnerable to damage. Most of the stickers are fairly easy to apply - they transfer easily and air bubbles are not hard to avoid/smooth out. I found trickiest of the pieces to be the one for the front of the Kindle - where, even with the button cutouts to help, it took me a bit of fiddling to ensure that it was evenly spaced. Thanks to the good quality of the thick vinyl, repositioning is easy: leaves no residue and can be done repeatedly without affecting sticking power.

The matte satin finish of the stickers means that the decals are not dull, but also don't add glare to your reading experience under bright sunlight/electric light, and as a bonus, there's no more wiping fingerprint marks off the edges of your Kindle. The library design is very appealing, with a sort of quirky Harry Potter-esque vibe to it.

Attractive and well-made though these are, they aren't cheap. But they are good quality, make my Kindle more attractive, prevent the edges from becoming covers in fingerprints and work in tandem with a case and screen protector to keep the Kindle in pristine condition.
on 4 January 2012
Like this product a lot. Easy to apply, and very good end result. Doesn't overly bulk up the Kindle, so that's a definite plus. On the down side, it doesn't come with a screen protector as a lot of the more traditional covers do, and the skin doesn't cover the corners or edges, so they can still get scratched. A lot of money for what you get, but it looks totally brilliant! 6 out of ten for value for money and protection, but 9 out of ten for look.
on 16 January 2012
I was very pleased to see these skins become available AT LAST for the new Kindle. I had one for my old Kindle Keyboard and loved it. This one is no different - the print is good quality, the colours are clear and bright and, with a little patience, it's a good fit. I think £17.99 may be a little pricey for what it is and for that reason I knocked off a star, giving it 4 stars out of 5. It's NOT a protective cover - the product description definitely states that it is a sticker so if you are looking for some protection for your Kindle this is not the product for you. The skin is very lightweight and bulk free however, so you could also buy a sleeve which would offer more protection. Some may question why buy both - what can I say, I just like my gadgets to look pretty!
on 11 January 2012
after getting 2 kindle's for christmas and my fiance grabbing the spare one i decided to customise mine.
i ordered this skin and it arrived in a few days ( i went for free delivery)
it came with basic instructions. comes in 5 parts.
i started with the smallest part 1st (rear of cover, at foot) to get an idea how well it fitted.
be careful not to peel the paper backing away with the decal, this depends how well it has been kisscut.
don't stretch the decal as you hold it over the case.
all 5 parts fitted nice and tight to the edges.
i also have a OCTOVO Solis e-reader Led Light for Kindle which pushes onto the top. i was concerned that this might damage the skin but as yet there are no creases or tears on the skin.
overall i am very please with this skin.
now my fiance wants one for her kindle.
on 17 April 2012
I loved the design of this cover. It wouldn't appeal to everyone, as I think you either like the traditional 'library/bookshelf' look or you don't, but it makes an ideal unisex cover if you're buying it to go with a kindle you're giving as a gift. It adds a bit of tradition to a very modern concept, which I really like. I hadn't bought a skin before, and I was surprised at how little there was of it for the price, but it does exactly what it's supposed to do, and looks great when it's on.
on 22 June 2012
The product is of HIGH quality!!

Easy to apply, but make sure you do this carefully and follow instructions, you need to have patience.

The end result is lovely! makes my Kindle unique! & not just dull, It applies on neat & doesnt come off easy.

Looks professionally applied!

would 100% recommend these decal girl skin stickers, & will definitely be buying more for my iphone, ipad ect.!
on 9 February 2012
Bespoke design, smart but not boring or plain, original (not in a tacky/ slap-dash way). Makes the kindle look 10x better. Recommended.
on 13 January 2012
My overall opinion of this product is that it is very aesthetically pleasing, the print quality is good, and does a great job in persoanlising my Kindle. I do however feel that it is marketed slightly wrong as it is not a skin in the true sense. It covers a majority of the kindle which would protect it from scratches on the back when placed on surfaces. However, all the edges are still exposed which are the most vulnerable parts if it gets dropped. I would still recommend this product to anyone as a way of making the Kindle personal to you but not as a sole protector. I would recommend that a pouch or case of some variety still be used when transporting your Kindle.

The material is of high quality and is easy to peel off and leaves no residue (as I found when it went askew sticking it on). The great thing about them is that if you change your mind you can easily change your Kindle skin! The other point of note is that the cost does reflect an item that should protect the Kindle so I would say it is a little over-priced.
on 14 March 2012
I got this for my 15 year old daughter who loves it. It was really easy to apply and hasn't peeled off at all on the edges despite lots of use. The design is much nicer than it looks online with lots of detail & beautiful colours. Highly recommended !!
on 18 April 2012
I have worked in the screenprinting industry, producing self-adhesive PVC decals, so I know it can be tricky to fit these without getting air bubbles and in the exact position. I'm pleased to say this product is well-executed in this respect, particularly because the plastic used is not as flimsy as some decals are. I fitted all the parts without difficulty, although I had to make two or three attempts to get the position exactly right.

However, the colour reproduction is appalling. The magenta is far too strong, giving the image a pronounced red cast; frankly, worse than I could have imagined. I am well aware that the colour reproduction of works of art varies considerably from one publication to another, but the difference between the image on the Amazon website and the decal is far from marginal.

If I had been in charge of the printing, I would not have allowed it to proceed like this; the four-colour balance is way out.