on 4 November 2012
I have been looking at cases in the shops for my 7 inch tablet, and they were either overpriced, or the quality was poor. Most secure the tablet by covering the edges of the face, which is what I don't want because of the camera.

So I then started searching amazon for 7 inch tablet cases to see other varieties and read reviews for them.

Near the end of my trolling for cases I finally came across this AmazonBasics case and read the reviews.

I read one review that said they would expect to pay much more for this quality. I thought that it wouldn't be low quality, because Amazon has a reputation, and they wouldn't want to tarnish that reputation, so that is also what made me purchase one of these.

And it is just like that reviewer described!

Yes the construction is very good! It may not be real leather (I am not a leather expert), but it does simulate the look and feel of leather as it is also textured like leather.

It is a very durable and rigid cover. The inside is lined with something similar to velvet pile. There are 3 deep ridges to rest the tablet into for the desired angle you want, and they do the job great!

The elastic straps are the kind used in the clothing industry, and they are good quality and very securely sown into the product.

As there are 4 corner elastic straps to secure your tablet into the case, just as other reviewers have said, it is easy to get 3 straps over the corners, but the 4th strap is a little difficult.

I think that this is their intention to make it a tight fit, I would rather call it, a perfect fit. Because my tablet isn't too big...no, my tablet is the right size, and this is designed with the right tolerance for that.

You want it secure! If it was any looser then my tablet would be allowed to move side to side or shift clockwise or counter-clockwise etc.

For my particular tablet, one corner strap does cover the charger connector and power button, but that isn't a problem as I can also charge by the mini usb port as well and I can still press the power button through the strap. Another strap covers the headphone jack, which isn't a big deal for me, it wont be used much and when I do, I can just slide the strap out of the way enough.

It is very professionally styled, and of such a good quality, you should expect to pay more.

Also, mine is impression stamped with the AmazonBasics logo, as I have read some reviewers were not.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am using this with my samsung galaxy tab 7 inch p1000.

Firstly there is no cut out for the camera so you have to take the device out of the case to take all but 'you' facing webcam pictures.

It is very fiddly to get the device in. The four corners have diagonal elastic straps to hold in the unit, trying to get all four on takes a few minutes as one goes on = another comes off. However once in place the unit is held firmly in the cover. Also all the buttons (real & virtual) and the 'webcam' camera are easy to use.

The cover is very clever in holding the device at angles that are comfortable on your lap as well as being visible when on worktops. As another reviewer said it's great for cooking (or anything you need to use to follow instructions but need to be hands free to perform a task).

There is an elastic strap that holds the case together when not using the tablets. This is easy to use.

It feels sturdy, and secure.
on 5 February 2013
had t return this product as i found that it didnt fit the kindle fire, not that htere was anything wrong with the product its self.
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice little cover for any 6 or 7 inch e-reader or tablet (please be aware it is NOT compatible with the original Kindle). I was impressed as soon as it arrived, due to the 'frustration-free packaging' which genuinely was frustration free - probably the easiest item I've ever unpacked! The case itself is made from a reasonable quality leather which feels smooth and sturdy. Thankfully, unlike other Amazon Basics items where the Basics logo is attached via a little white tab, here it is embossed into the leather so that it is barely noticeable and looks much classier.

The inside of the case is nicely lined with a velvety material - fortunately not the kind that gives you electric shocks if you rub it the wrong way! It is a nice touch and makes the case feel quite luxurious. The e-reader or tablet is popped in via the little corner elastics which then hold it in place. You have three options for tilting the reader, one of which leaves the reader standing nearly straight up at a right angle and the other two which give it more of a slant. This is a nice touch, allowing you to adjust it to whatever angle appeals for the current usage.

I don't have any real complaints about the case aside from possibly the elastic which goes across the back of the case and can be used to keep it closed, which looks a little cheap. Also, bear in mind that because it is a generic cover, there are no holes to accomodate cameras etc on different models.

Overall the product is functional and reasonably impressive for the price, though if you are looking for a dedicated cover for a Kindle Fire then the iGadgitz Black Genuine Leather Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Fire 7" Display 8GB Wi-fi Android Tablet looks to be both better value and arguably more attractive, so you may wish to consider that as well.
on 24 June 2012
Bought this for one of the many generic 7" Android tablets (an M009S or some derivative). It just fits, the tablet dimensions are 194x121x10mm, and once restrained by the elastic straps the tablet is very secure. The straps do obscure the headphone and charging sockets slightly, but you can easily push the elastic out of the way enough to plug in a pair of headphones. In use, sometimes one of the elastic straps pops out if headphones are used, but the other three are more than enough to keep the tablet in place, so not a disaster. The case itself is pretty tough looking, and should protect the equipment inside from most bumps and knocks. It's fairly well padded, and stiff too so it's not easy to bend. There is a large elastic strap on the outside to keep the case closed, this also works well.
The best feature is the stand function, there are three ridges inside the case and the main flap which holds the tablet can sit in any of these ridges, allowing the case to be sat on a table, or on a lap, with the tablet angled upwards. This was used to great effect on a recent car journey with one of the kids using the tablet as in-car entertainment!
on 16 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a few of these Amazon Basics cases now, and as always this is great quality. It holds my tablet very well and with great protection. The inner is seemingly micro fibre or similar so keeps the screen nice and safe along with the hard backing of the case itself.

The only minor quibble is the same with other Basics products: The branding. I don't need an Amazon Basics logo on the case.
on 5 April 2013
This product is well made and practical for holding tablets upright.
However be warned if you are purchasing for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0....the strap will impinge on the power button continuously. This will cause the tablet to reboot. Have tried securing the tablet with just three straps but tablet will pop out easily.
This may not have been an issue with the first generation Tab 7.0
on 15 December 2013
The price vs. quality... not sure why I'm not giving this 5 stars to be honest!
Fit's my new kindle 7" like a glove
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
PROS
====
Looks nice
Sturdy
Allows the item to be used as a stand
Good value
Not too heavy or cumbersome

NEGS
====
As a generic cover it doesn't have holes for where the camera is

RECOMMENDED
===========
It's a nice sturdy cover, so yes.
on 7 February 2013
This is the perfect tablet stand/case for me. It plays its 'double role' perfectly; I just always leave my tablet in the case and when I put it in my bag, I fold the case and there's never any damage to it. When I read at the table or check social media or news, I use it as a stand so I don't have to hold it all the time. And when I read my ebooks on the bus, I use it like a book, and it works very well.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and I however it's not meant for my tablet (an Ainol NOVO7 Fire/Flame) it works pretty well with it. The power button would be under one of the straps, so I always just use three straps. This makes the tablet sit just a bit skew, but I don't mind at all. I couldn't imagine a better cover or stand for my tablet.

See one answered question