Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Flavour Name: Beef, Potato & Veg Dinner|Change

on 29 December 2013
My Beagle will eat anything you give her, however for ethical reasons I only give her food from ethical companies. The only thing that stops me buying this to feed her every day is the price. I found another company called The Natural dog food company that is ethical, human grade meat, organic where possible and it's half the price of Lily's Kitchen. I can see little difference other than price. There are other companies that sell great dog food, I don't want to appear to be advertising a company, please look around is all I'm saying.
44 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I'm going to give this dog food the most back handed complement you can imagine. It's a pain in the proverbial because it's an absolute pig to get out of the can. The meat (no gravy) is packed solid into the tin. You need to dig it out with a fork and it is solid so needs chopping up with the fork edge when you finally do get it out of the can. The dogs ? I can only say thank goodness they can't work a can opened or have opposable thumbs for the fork. THEY LOVE IT. I mean really. I know it's more expensive than other brands but the few pence you save is a false economy. This stuff is packed and not bulked out with yukky looking gravy (if indeed that's what it is) and your pooch will love it. There will be no tentative sniffing once they have had a few cans of this. They'll be mugging you for it as the bowl goes down. I'm going to repeat this review as indeed I have bought a lot of these now in different 'flavours' and they are all equally great
on 11 January 2012
We tried our lab on Lilys Kitchen as she is getting old and her coat had lost its gloss, her breath was beginning to smell and generally she was looking old - after a month or two on Lilys Kitchen food, we could see a significant change, she is full of life, clearing enjoying the new food, her coat is glossy again and her breath is also better - amazing, I would highly recommend any of the Lilys Kitchen range to anyone.
on 18 April 2014
Tried this for the first time in January when my golden retriever was very unwell, as a special treat. She really liked it. If you can afford it, I can't recommend this food highly enough. Its the best quality dog food I have ever used. My only concern would be that once a dog tried Lilys Kitchen they would not eat anything else!
on 17 November 2013
This is a brilliant flavour of the Lily's tinned range, as it is good if your dog happens to be allergic to vegetables. It only contains Goose, Duck, rice, fruit and herbs and smells wonderful. This is another one of my dogs favourites and makes a change from the more normal flavours. Definitely one to try !
on 12 January 2013
We were trying to find a decent food to induce our fussy younger dog to eat his meal before his brother snaffled it. This is it. Used as a mixer with pellets he is now eager to feed.
The food smells good and has plenty of fat (which dogs adore) not the mass of cheap brown jelly filler used by most rivals. We have tried all the Lily's tinned varieties and both dogs now remind us when it's time to eat.
Problem solved.
on 3 December 2012
Have written earlier on the lamb, and as mentioned this one came a very close 2nd for my little rescue pal. Even I loved the smell of this one. On opening, it smells like you have just cooked it yourself, which is great. Again, no bulking ingredients just lovely good things for a healthy doggie tummy and system. Great.
on 21 May 2014
All three of my dogs are fed on lilys kitchen. It really is the best pet food out there by far. All the ingredients are natural no fillers no crap just PROPER PET FOOD. Feed you dog the best you will be so happy with the results. No bad breath no runny poo's and not hyperactive neither. I either order this from Amazon or Lilys Direct as they do send freebies now and again.Wont ever change my dogs to another food bit on the pricey side but I know my pets are getting the best.
on 17 November 2013
This food is excellent. This particular flavour is brilliant, because it contains very different meat from most dog foods - Pheasant, Venison and Salmon. This is excellent if you have a dog who is allergic to the most common meats, like chicken, beef, etc. This food smells lovely, as do all the Lily's varieties and my dogs love it. There are 7 tinned varieties and they have a different flavour every day of the week, which is so good to be able to do, rather than giving them the same food every day!
on 13 August 2014
While lillys kitchen is a good food it's let down because they use the cheap and controversial sodium selenite in. All or most of their products. I contacted them eighteen months ago about this issue, they thanked me for bringing this up and were pleased to tell me they were changing to the safe selenium yeast! This is a more expensive product. It would seem that profit comes before the health of our pets as this has not happened. When I contacted them again on this issue, I was told if I wasn't happy to feed their product to my dog, there were other brands on the market. This sounds like a company that cares more for profit than animals especially when they had previously promised to change it.
66 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse