Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£19.25

on 6 October 2011
I LOVE Lee Evans, I always have and do even more so now,
Really touching,honest and kind, A real reflection behind the funny man the relationship between him and his wife is lovely & so very genuine.
Brought me to tears a couple of times and made me laugh too.
The only thing I would say is that I would've liked to have heard more about the early days, tours, when Molly was born etc.
Thanks Lee :o)
on 5 October 2011
A funny read that is well written and not the normal type of biography you'd expect from someone like Lee. I feel like I know him a lot better now! I bought it for myself and think I'll be getting another copy for my brother for Christmas (unless I can get away with passing on my copy...).
on 4 October 2011
What a lovely man! I thought that I knew a lot about Lee Evans but reading his story written in his own words is very different from watching him on TV. He is so geniune and so humble. I really enjoyed reading his book and getting to know the real person behind the cheeky smile.
on 13 October 2011
I was lucky to have caught Lee Evans in his heyday on the club circuit at the Railway pub in Hampton Wick just after he started out. I was dumbfounded and thought him an idiot at first. And that's exactly what he is. A lovely great clod. Two minutes into his act and I was hooked and have been ever since. He is the only comic of his time that can make me choke with laughter. This book does that as much as it makes one choke with tears, of both joy and with sadness. Nobody can be that stupid in real life, except for Lee Evans. This book will put fans like me through the emotional wringer. Thank god for him. Cheers for that Mouse Boy!
on 5 October 2011
If you're a big fan of Lee Evans obviously you'll love this book, but even if you're not there's no way you could fail to be engrossed in this moving, captivating and hilarious account of how he came to be the performer he is today. Every bit as funny on the page as he is on the stage! (oops, rhyme!)
on 6 October 2011
What a unique story from a truly self-made man. This book had me laughing and crying in equal measures! With so many unforgettable characters from Lee's childhood, along with his unusual upbringing following his dad around the 1970s entertainment circuit, it's easy to see how Lee has found plenty of material for his comedy. Fans of Lee Evans will love this but it's also a brilliant memoir for anyone who loves a bitter sweet true life story. FIVE STARS.
on 10 November 2011
Loved this book he makes you laugh and cry, and shows you the love for his wife, reading this book i just kept wanting to just give this man a big hug at times, loved the photos. The only thing i was disappointed in it ended when he's 18
on 7 October 2011
Im a huge fan of lee evans,i loved this book and could not put it down,it had me laughing out loud,also quite sad in parts,lee is a very hard worker,but as the saying goes behind every good man is a good woman ,which you will realise when you read this book,makes me love lee even more.
on 21 May 2016
I really love this book, I initially listened to this book on audible so time ago and was totally caught up in it. Lee Evans has suck a honest and innocently boyish charm about him when he is telling the stories of his past and just shows what a down to earth and real person he is.

Him and his wife have a somewhat complex past and the way the book is written you can almost feel what Lee and the other people in the book are feeling yourself. There's some nice little stories in there, from his council estate days, to moving away and growing up and going through life with his wife.

It's a great read and I feel like he should write another as there's so much more he didn't cover.
on 5 October 2011
This is such a heartwarming story of Lee's rise to fame - his relationship with his wife and the early years are described with a huge amount of warmth. And genuinely laugh-out-loud, fall-of-your-chair funny in places too! Five stars.