on 12 November 2014
I have a lot of fine hair that wants to curl and kink - it's gotten frizzier in middle age. I am hopeless at doing my hair. I've never been good at blow-drying it straight with a dryer and round brush. I use a Babyliss rotating dryer and GHD straighteners and I still never get that sleek look my stylist can get. But, at least my hair will look groomed and nice. If only it will stay that way!

This product has made a huge difference. First, it makes it easier for my hair to straighten - it just behaves better and quicker. Second, it makes my hair look fantastic. It has a gloss to it and feels soft and thick. It doesn't look bushy or frazzled, but it flows over my shoulders and shines like a mink coat. Third, the effects do last. I can go out on a drizzly day and not end up with a wild bush. I haven't gotten truly wet but I can pop to the shop across the street in a fine drizzle and my hair won't go crazy. And it does last three days. I just have to touch up any "bed head" in the morning with my straighteners.

You do have to use it sparingly/carefully. If I get too much on the crown of my head or my fringe, it can look a tiny bit greasy. I concentrate the spritzes on the middle/ends, where there's more damage and then use my hair brush to distribute it throughout the entire head.

The only caveat I have is to reiterate that I am pretty rubbish at styling my hair. If you are used to being able to get your hair mirror-smooth (something my stylist can do but I can't), you may have different results or different expectations. For someone like me (an awful lot of fine, frizzy long hair who is just happy to have soft, straight, flowing locks) it's a really fantastic product.
on 14 July 2012
fast postage, but didnt work in my hair! my hair normally stays straight for about 4 hours, so i thought this would be good! well i thought wrong! it didnt even stay straight for 1 day, let alone 3! really disappointed, wont be buying again.
on 30 April 2012
Really happy with this, finally something that helps keep my fringe straight, my hair likes to curl, and I now have poker straight hair the day I use it, and the two days after I may just need to use straighters for 30 seconds that is all. I am pleased I got this on subscribe and save.
on 9 October 2012
Firstly I never write reviews but this product has blown me away! It arrived yesterday and i used it for the first time today. I have got very very thick coarse frizzy hair. I usually use a handful of Aussie serum to blow dry it and then add a smidge of Frizz eaase serum to each length before strightening it with GHDs. This is fairly successful although walking in any sort of humidity causes it to rebel despite the products and the fact that there is a layer of product on my hair makes my colour (I have been grey since age 25) look a bit brash and artificial. I applied about 12 sprays of this new frizz ease product today and was very dubious i can tell you. It felt as though there was nothing on my hair and the blow drying was less than convincing with the result being about as poor as if I'd applied no product atall. HOWEVER as soon as I straightened it the effect was amazing. I have had my hair chmically straightened in the past and it was the same as this. It knocked all the volumne out of it allowing it to fall straight and natural and yet it feels like my own hair for the first time in years as there is no evidence of product weighing it down. I even walked the dogs and it stayed straight. Don't know if it will last three days but who cares! Excellent product, thank you John Frieda, wish you'd been around 30 years ago and I might have avoided all the terrible perms I resorted to to try and control my locks!!

P.S I've now put this on subscribe and save!
I use this product every second day as it keeps my naturally wavy hair nice and smooth when I use my straighteners. I find it doesn't coat my hair some other products do and it is really effective, especially when combined with the same range shampoo and conditioner.
on 13 April 2013
Really good product but I did have some difficulty finding the right amount of application, where it is effective but not too much. Still need gel when it's very humid but it is a good foundation product for frizzy hair. Fantastic value, it is very cheap.
on 25 August 2013
I live in Cyprus and the humidity is 80-95% in the summer months anf my hair is very wavy and hard to control is this climate, but since I discover this product it's been so easy to control. Would recommand to everyone
on 5 August 2012
My hair is very fine, grey (and coloured!) and frizzy. My hair is slightly wavy and layered. The wave has become more pronounced as the years have rolled by and my hair has got drier.
I like John Frieda products in general and usually find them to be high-quality. I already use the shampoo/conditioner from this range.
However, this spray is no good for my hair type at all! I use it exactly as described in the instructions. If anything, I think it's made my hair frizzier and I will have to stop using it.
on 12 December 2015
Was recommeded this product after experiencing ultra frizzy out-of-control hair while on holiday in humid Asia. It is brilliant! I now use it regularly (in non-humid climes) and love the bouncy, smooth volume it gives my hair. With shoulder length hair I spritz about 7 or 8 times, blow dry, but don't bother finishing with straighteners as recommended in the instructions. This is one product in my bathroom that will get used up.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2013
. . . just for slightly different reasons than advertised. It sort of helps keep my hair straight a bit, but the main benefit is the feel it gives my hair. Hard to describe how - I've got thick, long, slightly curly hair, and this spray gives it an amazing, sort of heavy, healthy feel, without making it sticky or dull at ALL. The spray is really light and non-sticky and smells lovely and fresh. Every time I use it I get people (incl. strangers) coming up and asking me how I make my hair so beautiful and shiny!