Well, what can I say? Although it's been great to see Lego making a return to their more functional and traditional component designs, this Dirt Bike Transporter is one of the most pleasing designs they've come out with in years. It combines a situation (or 'scene') that adds an interesting dimension to play, but is also constructed from very few special components, meaning that more detail is acquired from bricks that can be reused, or even added to.

The Jeep vehicle is a lovely design and is just the right size, too. A lot of City vehicles these days tend to have very wide bodies and wheels that are out of proportion (I'm guessing to make them easier to handle for small hands), but in this instance it all looks and feels perfectly balanced. The bonnet is made from multiple bricks rather than one unique component, and the front grille area has plenty of great details.

Even the trailer is worthy of praise and has been well thought out. I absolutely love the miniature wheels that have been used, and haven't seen these in donkeys years (they were once the standard wheels for Lego cars). A small tool box is present for the driver to fix those bikes, and a few flags/cones add some challenge for the riders.

For the RRP, this makes a simply excellent addition to this years City range and it's good to see Lego making some more authentic or lifelike contributions to the world of leisure/activity in our city world.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2012
I live in Sweden and for some reason LEGO does not sell the product here, yet any way. My son loves bike and is very happy with it. Both bikes and the car are robust and have given lots of great play time. 5 stars to Amazon for the quick deliver.
on 24 March 2012
This came really quick & i find it really good value for money. its a good little truck & my boy loves it. money worth spent.
on 3 September 2012
realy nice detail, good fun,nice to have car trailer and 2 bikes, plus the 2 men look great.the tiny tools in toolbox are a very nice touch.highly reccomended.
on 25 October 2012
Another great product from Lego, great value and lots of play value, with the vehicle, trailer and trial bikes. Perfect gift for Lego fans.
on 24 September 2012
Bought this for my brother who is 10 and very much into Lego for his 10th birthday. Would reccommend as a cheap but worth the money gift.
on 6 January 2013
When it first arrived I was surprised at the size of the box but now i see why.
My boy unwrapped it Xmas day and instantly started to build it neglecting all other presents still to open....I say build it was me who had to build it but I don't mind I still enjoy lego.
One of the first things i noticed was how they layed it out using two sets of instructions and two bags one for each part.
After it being built I liked how it was all in proportion with each other and the wheels etc.
Overall i rate this product extremely high as my boy hasn't stopped playing with it and we are currently building a mx track out of brown Lego to go with it.

If your thinking about buying this stop thinking and buy it you won't regret it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2012
My young grandson thinks this Lego city Dirt Transporter is fab. He has added it to his other Lego City items and uses his creativity to make up his stories.
on 14 May 2012
Purchased for a young 37 year old and he loved it. Of course his 4 year old loved it too but it just shows Lego gets better with age. Go on, buy it!
on 2 December 2013
Our 6 1/2 year old Grandson loved it. He played for a while with the two Dirt Bikes and then sought his 8 1/2 year old brother's help to build the Transporter. The end result was played with a lot by both boys and the older brother would now like one for himself!
As with any Lego, when they get bored with this model, they can break it up and make other things, especially as their collection of bricks and parts increases over time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse