1,872
Colour Name: Black|Change

on 23 March 2013
When Canon sell you a new printer they supply a Canon PG-540 black and a Canon CL-541 colour cartridge. Well these cartridges only hold 8ml black & 8mls colour ink in them which is written in really really small writing on the back of the cartridge boxes. For higher yield cartridges what you really need is the Canon PG-540XL black which holds 21ml of ink and for the colour you should be using the Canon CL-541XL cartridge which holds 15ml of ink. There is a company that I have also found (advantage online) which stock the Canon original XL's and do a British premium compatible 540XL/541XL maximum yield version which holds the same ml (21/15mls) but are much cheaper and work the same. Canon make there money out of selling you a very good printer (MG2150) but then sell you starter cartridges that have hardly any ink in them (PG540 & CL541) hoping that you keep buy these silly little empty cartridges time after time. Don't fall into the Canon ink con trap, Read your Manuel and only ever buy the XL's or you'll be throwing your money away....
2020 comments| 333 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2013
When Canon sell you a new printer they supply a Canon PG-540 black and a Canon CL-541 colour cartridge. Well these cartridges only hold 8mls black & 8mls colour ink in them which is written in really really small writing on the back of the cartridge boxes. For higher yield cartridges what you really need is the Canon PG-540XL black which holds 21mls of ink and for the colour you should be using the Canon CL-541XL cartridge which holds 15mls of ink. There is a company that I have also found (advantage online) which stock the Canon original XL's and do a British premium compatible 540XL/541XL maximum yield version which holds the same mls (21/15mls) but are much cheaper and work the same. Canon make there money out of selling you a very good printer (MG2150) but then sell you starter cartridges that have hardly any ink in them (PG540 & CL541) hoping that you keep buy these silly little empty cartridges time after time. Don't fall into the Canon ink con trap, Read your Manuel and only ever buy the XL's
1010 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2013
The ink was good quality however didn't last very long at all! Id say 2-3 weeks and i dont print that much :/
on 21 May 2014
Only if you go to the original website, you will find them cheaper, but it's not a big saving, something like 10p or so,
I have gift tokens in an Amazon account, so it's a mega plus, here you can buy a black and a colour cartridge for less than you would pay for one colour cartridge on the high street, why buy compatibles when the originals are not much dearer.

Five stars, excellent value for money.
on 13 February 2014
Bought a new printer and as these things go, the print cartridges from my old printer were not compatible.

I priced up the new cartridges on several websites and in local shops, and these were by far the cheapest I found.

I have placed this product on my wish list for future purchases.

Arrived in plenty of time. Would recommend.
on 9 April 2014
I chose this rating because the product does what it said and having the two ink cartridges together is much more cost effective for me because I am studying at the moment and I have to print my assignments in color. I would definitely purchase this item again.
on 1 March 2013
Lasted with 8 full A4 colour images - software says it's depleted! Someone at Canon did send a spare free of charge out of courtesy - credit to Christopher, but I was told this is normal! WTF? Bewildering and appalling if true! That means a minimum of £2 per photo! I was thinking 20p I think it was at our uni was rather excessive! A new cartridge every 10 photos! Absolutely unfathomable! How can this be? Are other printers the same?
on 17 April 2012
Well packed item. I will use this company again as the goods arrived on time and were exactly as described. The price was also competative as I have checked on other sites. I do not use non Canon products in my printer as I have learnt from previous experience with my previous HP printer that cheaper inks are poor value and can cause serious problems.
on 19 July 2014
Overpriced but if have the printer you're trapped.

You can literally buy a new printer with ink cartridges for this price. Worst part is there are no 3rd party alternatives for my particular printer.

These cartridges are daylight robbery.
on 25 July 2012
Bought a Cannon Pixma printer
It was easy to install and works wonderfully well. Good print and picture is excellent