on 19 March 2013
When Canon sell you a new printer they supply a Canon PG-540 black and a Canon CL-541 colour cartridge. Well these cartridges only hold 8mls black & 8mls colour ink in them which is written in really really small writing on the back of the cartridge boxes. For higher yield cartridges what you really need is the Canon PG-540XL black which holds 21mls of ink and for the colour you should be using the Canon CL-541XL cartridge which holds 15mls of ink. There is a company that I have also found (advantage online) which stock the Canon original XL's and do a British premium compatible 540XL/541XL maximum yield version which holds the same mls (21/15mls) but are much cheaper and work the same. Canon make there money out of selling you a very good printer (MG2150) but then sell you starter cartridges that have hardly any ink in them (PG540 & CL541) hoping that you keep buy these silly little empty cartridges time after time. Don't fall into the Canon ink con trap, Read your Manuel and only ever buy the XL's
1010 comments91 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2013
Having looked at other sites, this gave me the best value for a double package, especially if you use black printing more than for colour
on 2 April 2013
Nice quality black. You get what you pay for. Ink is always such a con for the amount you get but I would never use a 3rd party ink.
on 11 September 2015
Ordering and delivery from Amazon were excellent, as usual. The product, though, has a very short life span. I am not a heavy user, but the 'low on ink' sign comes up a very short time after replacing it. I have a good value Canon printer, but keeping it in ink is ridiculously expensive.
on 24 February 2014
It's genuinely cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to buy these overpriced monstrosities. Take my word for it, CHECK THAT YOU CAN GET CHEAP CARTRIDGES BEFORE BUYING THESE PRINTERS.
on 13 March 2013
quick efficient service, then product as describedand i will definitely will use this site again, when i need a replacement.
on 13 April 2013
What else can I say, except it was good value for money. Canon standard is always good and the order arrived very quickly
on 21 November 2015
This is a good cartridge and works well, the only drawback is that every time I change a cartridge on my Cannon printer my printer takes ages to recognise it and the wireless connection is now non existent. This isn't the cartridge fault, I don't expect, however I do dread putting a new one in!
on 28 January 2014
I was warned when purchasing the Canon MG3250 series that printer ink would be expensive. I tend to go for original inks and these are well priced in comparison to shop prices. The xl lasts a reasonable length of time.
on 14 July 2013
I had seriously wondered if there was something with this fairly new printer. This new replacement answered my prayers and solved the problem! It arrived earlier than expected which was good and in excellent condition!