on 11 August 2012
As you would expect from a Sennheiser product, these headphones do their job very well. They were brought specifically for use with Skype for business, to replace an older headset that my fellow Skype users had started to complain about introducing noise into group calls. Switching to the Senheiser headset, there was an immediate and obvious improvement in the clarity of my speech judging by spontaneous comments I received. The headphones also have good audio and are certainly good enough for listening to streamed music. They are also comfy over prolonged periods of use. Recommended.
on 14 April 2013
Bought as a replacement for my Logitech headset for gaming chat, had the previous hardware for several years and they finally got broken so needed a decent replacement. I already have a full 5.1 setup so wanted a headphone set that would complement the setup and still allow me to appreciate the in game sound while speaking with friends. This works great so far, unlike my closed cup Logitech the open backs of these allow more game sound to my ears while still proving clear voice communication. These are also nice and light, and unlike the former they don't seem to pinch my glasses against my ears leaving them sore after extended periods of use. Packaging was also great, there's certainly no way you'd get them out of the package without obliterating the packaging, so full confidence they're new and unopened. Finally plug and play on Windows 8 worked great, simply plugged them in and several seconds later all worked straight out of the box.
on 17 October 2012
I ordered this headset to record decent quality audio for multi-media training. As soon as I plugged it in to my Windows 7 laptop, it worked almost immediately, overriding the laptop's built-in mic and speakers. In my opinion, the quality is far superior to that offered by cheaper headsets and therefore represents a sound investment!
on 17 January 2013
Very good headset for Webinars. I prefer that it has a USB rather than audio jacks and the Mac I use recognises the device without any problems.
I also brought a cheaper pair of headphones with audio jacks from a different manufacturer but the mic didn't work so they went back and I have ordered a second one one of these. You get what you pay for!
on 8 October 2012
I was introduced to this product while working for a global telecommunications company. We used it for all internal VOIP telephone conferences. I suspected the quality was mostly down to our back-end, but bought a set for home use with Skype. I am pleased to say that the quality is outstanding and people comment on the clarity of my voice, even when they are using a desktop mic & speaker set up. The received audio quality is excellent.

The short story is, with a decent internet connection, the quality is between 3G & toll quality voice. I can't give an exact MOS/MOPS score but it would be high.

If you use Skype regularly, this product is a no-brainer. Skype becomes a high performing tool and you will no longer resort to picking up your cell or a land-line because of poor quality. The weakest link may be people you are talking to's set up, but many of my contacts have now gone out and bought one of these headsets.
on 14 November 2013
The headphones come with a USB plug on them. They were recognised by my PC running Windows 7. My first attempt at Skype didn't work, but as soon as I removed the old headphones, these new headphones started working. The headphones work perfectly with Skype. The headphones were bought to replace the ones I bought from Skype a couple of years ago which had become intermittent.

The headband is adjustable and can accommodate my very large head with no problems. There is just the right amount of pressure to keep the headphones on the ear without putting too much pressure on to become uncomfortable.

There is a little unit with a volume control and microphone mute switch in the lead - which it is probably worth checking if it ever appears to be dead. This switch and volume control is not something that I particularly need or find useful, but it works OK.

Sound-wise the stereo audio is remarkably good for the price. Treble is clear and undistorted (and much better than my previous Skype headphones). The bass is good enough to enjoy music and does not boom - it doesn't seem to be 'enhanced'. The stereo sound stage is quite convincing.

Early impressions are thus quite favourable. I wish I had bought this instead of the ones I bought from Skype a couple of years ago. More comfortable, better treble, better bass and more realistic stereo sound stage.
on 26 March 2016
I purchased these after a dismal unit in my Rosetta Stone Italian where I had to speak Italian, instead of just clicking pictures or typing. I was using my Logitech Webcam in its built in microphone which clearly wasn't up to the job, although there was always the possibility that my Northern Irish accent was to blame. So after splashing the case I received these today. Straight on to Rosetta Stone. The headset was so easy to set up, even I managed it. I undertook the same unit in which I had scored a dismal 50% previously, and with this headset I got 100%, which surprised even me. I don't know any technical information but the evidence is good enough for me - these are a marvel as far as using for an online language course. Buy them.
on 26 November 2013
This little gadget has proven itself more than worth its weight in gold - if only for the pweace and quiet everyone else gets when it is in use.

It's light, tough and comfortable and has good sound quality, both for recording and for listening - the Sennheiser name is usually a guarantee of that anyway - and the long lead just needs to be untangled occasionally to keep things tidy since it doesn't come with a cord storage.

In use, you do need to bear in mind that this is a USB headset and so it sometimes needs to be selected as the output device (and input device) in some applications, especially if you start the app then put the headphones in - it is not quite as simple as an analogue device in that respect. But the additional audio source does mean that apps that require you to separate computer audio and speech (for mixing a voiceover for example) will find the extra channel allows you to adjust things in post production more easily. Bear that in mind and you will have no problems with this device and lots of happy use of it.
on 23 October 2012
Brought originally for use with voice active programs, but use it more for watching catch-up TV while my better half is soaking up the soaps. Overall they have been very good, the only critisism is that background sound is hardly muffled at all. That aside I have been very pleased with my purchase and would recomend these headphones for anyone wanting a basic headset. especially for use with 'Dragon Naturally Speaking'.
on 15 October 2013
I had the PC38 headset before and that one had brilliant sounds quality. Since that model is not for sale anymore, I thought this one would be more or less the same one. But its probably a model cheaper because the sounds quality is average. Also no light in the USB connector, which is quite handy to know if its connected properly. Overall: its does work fine.