4.8 out of 5 stars1,111
Size: 800gChange

on 3 May 2012
I've got one tub in the kitchen to use when frying food or spreading on toast or for jam butties. Another tub is in the bathroom to use as a moisturiser for eyelashes, ends of hair, dry patches on my face, lips, elbows, feet and hands - very good for brittle nails. Wouldn't be without it.
11 comment168 of 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
I would recommend this particular brand of organic coconut oil, I use it for all my cooking, it tastes delicious!
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Stearic Acid = 1.0-3.2g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 Table spoons (15g X 2) a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland however adding hot coconut oil to it made a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 Deg F.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (2 Tea Spoons) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with the product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
After I finished the container, I moved on to using "Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml' . I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict:
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally.
on 22 January 2013
it definitely seems to benefit my husband who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. it must be given 3 times a day to be beneficial. I am using it on my porridge,bread and to drizzle over vegetables. It does enhance the taste
55 comments139 of 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

What else could you buy for your money?:

Verdict:
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally.

What else could you buy for your money?:

Verdict: Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally.
on 5 August 2015
The coconut oil itself is very good. Just don't like that they come in plastic jars - apparently the oil can absorb some nasties in the plastic.

We've now gone for the same make oil, but in the glass jars.
on 10 June 2015
Great for dry skin. I have eczema and it is great to keep on top of it during those times that it isnt flaring up. Smells great too :)
on 16 November 2015
Prompt delivery, THIS STUFF IS AMAZING, I use it in my hair and it really does soften it up like everybody keeps suggesting. That's what I use it for, so if this isn't relevant to you then you can check other reviews. I usually sit aside a day for having it in my hair, because you don't really want something oily going against pillows, and even using a towel is a bit dodgy if you move in your sleep. The longer you keep it in, the better. But if the weather is cold, or there's a breeze, DON'T PANIC if it makes your hair go solid, it'll soften right up, honestly. I've only had to use it twice and I've had the stuff for over a year, and this size a jar lasts absolute ages and goes a really long way. You really don't need much at all.
on 30 January 2016
I use this for everything, for cooking, for face masks and even for popcorn (substitute for oil to sop popcorn from burning)
Best quality best taste, Ive tasted many different coconut butters/oils, this is still my favourite, its the healthiest too if you do your research correctly. I bought these very cheaply back when they were on sale, and I still dont regret it, Im still on my first one even though its finishing, and i use it every day in my food. This was the healthiest choice ive ever made, and I will never regret it, bought 10 which is a fairly large amount, I use it to make deserts, like cakes, vegetables and use it even when cooking chicken, Perfect, just buy it you wont regret it.