Style Name: Built In Bluetooth|Change

on 29 November 2014
My sturdy iMac has lasted me for over 6 years with minimal hardware upgrades needed. The original wired keyboard that came with it has never given me any trouble until recently whereby it has (I believe) been possessed by the devil. Every now and then it would insert a bunch of 6s into my work and wake my mac from it's much needed sleep. Upon taking it apart, I could not find the devil so I decided to look for a new keyboard. Although tempted by the other cheaper keyboards made for macs, I decided to stick with what I knew and treat my loyal mac with a wireless apple keyboard. Yes it is pricy, but so worth the money. It is such a lovely thing to look at and such a pleasant thing to own; It is easy to put away when not needed, and feels so nice to use. Some people have complained about getting the batteries out, but I don't get it. Apple have made it so you can open it with a coin. You can't really get much simpler than that can you? My only gripe is that there is no delete key. Yes you can press (fn + backspace) but I quite liked having the button. Anyway, I'm very happy so far and I'll remember to clean this one with holy water regularly.
on 5 June 2014
I use this keyboard in addition to my MacBook Pro when I am writing for extended periods of time.

Prop the laptop to eye level, buy this keyboard and a mouse and it will improve your comfort and productivity.

The quality of this keyboard kind of shames the keyboard on my MacBook.
on 7 September 2015
Prior to buying the keyboard I had read about users having problems with the batteries being only lasting a couple of weeks and sometimes only a couple of days. Thinking that some people may be prone to a little exaggeration, like a fool I ignored the warning signs and purchased the keyboard. It's a great size for someone with limited desk space, it has a nice feel and as mentioned by others, it unfortunately it drains batteries like you wouldn't believe. I've read theories on forums about Bluetooth problems, software problems, the keyboard interacting with the Magic Mouse (which I also have) etc etc, but alas no solutions. What is weird is that the batteries seemingly drain at different rates. The batteries the keyboard were supplied lasted a few months to drain, but since then they last between 2 weeks and (no exaggeration) a couple of days, which is simply ridiculous. BTW, I'm comparing the same battery type and similar usage. Apple need to sort the problem out. Until a solution is found I recommend people look elsewhere.
on 5 February 2016
It has a great design like all of the other Apple products. It matches well with the other Apple products such as Macbook Pro.
It is slim, made out of Aluminum which provides a very solid feeling.
It has a slight angle to it so it makes it more comfortable for me to use versus the flat keyboards. On the bottom of the keyboard, there is a rubberised feel to the battery compartment that prevents the keyboard from sliding around on your desk if you have a slick or smooth surface. It was super easy to set up.
Apple supplies your first batch of two double AA batteries and you power on the keyboard, turn on your bluetooth through settings and then pair the device. It will take a few minutes to get used to typing on this keyboard as the feeling is a little bit different with your Macbook keyboard.

If you found my review helpful please give me a thumbs up to let me know.
on 16 July 2014
Build quality is top and I suppose that's simply as you would expect. What has surpirsed me considerably is that I've had this for over six months and not changed my batteries yet and I rarely switch the keyboard off. I've read and heard about people experiencing a higher typo rate using this and I can sympathise although once you're used to the margins, I have to say I've managed to type faster than the proverbial off a shovel with this keyboard. For those concerned about adjusting to this keyboard? I switch between a standard pc keyboard at work and this keyboard at home and I find no problems adjusting to the apple keyboard. It's a matter of taste/preference and mines lies with this product.
on 21 June 2015
I just purchased this and the serial number was taken off with some sort of tool slightly concerning still came in new packaging though?
review image
on 21 June 2015
There's a reason I stick with Apple and love their products. Besides being elegant in style, they are easy to set up and use...and they last. I decided to purchase this keyboard rather than a 'compatible' brand, having had problems with pairing in the past. And I am so glad I opted to spend the extra money. I took it out of the box, read the well-thought out, simple instructions on how to pair it and get it working and, within about 2 minutes, it was all done.

It works perfectly. And, like all Apple products, I expect no problems for years to come. An excellent buy.
on 1 August 2014
This keypad was purchased to replace one my wife had "cleaned" she said with a moistened kitchen roll and Fairy Power Spray. This dissolved the contacts under many of the keys. I mention this to say, don't go near the keypad with even a moist kitchen roll and detergent. This keypad is just as good as the one it replaced and is excellent.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 March 2014
I purchased a Mac Mini, and to go with it I purchased a cheap look a like keyboard. Whilst this keyboard was fine, it wasn't very responsive, so I decided to purchase this keyboard.

Firstly, the keyboard is very small. If you have a small desk like mine with your mac mini, a printer and other clutter on, it will fit perfectly! No more having to make space for the mouse!

I purchased this directly from Amazon UK and this came with a UK keyboard as you would expect. I'm not sure about the other third party sellers though as often they may sell imported versions.

It comes ready to use with 2 AA batteries (didn't expect it would come with batteries!), but as well as these I purchased some eneloop rechargeable batteries with the hope of needing to change batteries minimally.

The buttons feel nice, and you can type very fast without having any issues. With my previous keyboard, I found that I would make so many mistakes because the keyboard couldn't keep up with my fast typing.

Only 2 downsides in my opinion:
1 - No numpad, but this isn't a problem as they've had to make the size small some how.
2 - The battery compartment can be a bit of a pain to get to - it's not a simple slide off, you have to twist it with something like a screw-driver

Morale of the story: it pays off to pay more first time.

I would highly recommend that you take out some insurance with this (Amazon sell SquareTrade) as keyboards tend to be a magnet for coffee (yes, I've spilt coffee over my keyboard in the past! Luckily it wasn't expensive!)
on 13 January 2016
This has been my main keyboard since Apple Launched it back in late 2007. It still works flawlessly over 8 years later.

I wanted a compact wireless keyboard with no distractions and this is perfect and looks great too.

The angle of the keyboard makes it very comfortable for typing - the action is very responsive.

The function keys are very useful and you can control most of the important aspects of the computer from the keyboard. Particularly volume and music playback!

The keyboard goes into low power mode when inactive, but press any button and the computer is woken from sleep without a problem.

A new set of batteries will last a good while - and your mac will let you know how much charge you still have. Currently 44% on mine. I use this keyboard everyday for about 7 hours and I change the batteries just a few times a year.

The other good thing about this keyboard is that it can sync to your iPad and iPhone. So it becomes very useful when travelling and you want to work on projects. Setup is simple and I have never had a problem with it.

This Apple Wireless Keyboard is fantastic and I expect it will still be used in 10 years time!