on 8 December 2012
I had a mouse delivered with my new computer but it was simply too sensitive, and kept registering double-clicks when only singles were intended, so I bought this cheap-and-cheerful replacement. If you do the same you won't be disappointed. It works just fine.

(Two years later: I have now bought another one, as the original started to play up. It turned out to be a very slightly loose connection, probably caused by my six-year old grandson's heavy hands. The new one is just as good as the original, and still cheap as chips. Why would any ordinary user pay more?)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
WOW! Didn't think I could be so impressed by a bargain mouse, but I am. I've always used wired mice and this one is fantastic. It's a little smaller than my previous Logitech one but I actually prefer this size (I'm female, small hands) It's a nice looking mouse which feels comfortable to use and it's got a kind of soft-touch coating so it feels nice against the skin. Most importantly, it's reliable and has fantastic responsiveness; it's certainly more sensitive than my previous mouse and a lot lighter. I'm using the mouse without a mousemat and this feels fine. The mouse scroll is smooth and easy to glide and the button clicks are quiet, quick and responsive - all in all, it's a really effortless experience.

This is a basic mouse that doesn't promise anything fancy but it's everything the average user needs. It feels good to use and it's accurate and responsive. Honestly, I cannot fault it or its bargain price! Very highly recommended.
on 15 May 2013
It's a mouse. It mouses. You plug it in, and then you can mouse. Er, that's about it, really. Oh, wait - you can click, too. And scroll. But mainly, it's all about the mousing. For which you need a mouse. Exactly like this one. Buy it, wait for delivery, then mouse to your heart's content. With this mouse.
33 comments21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Amazon Basics 3-Button USB wired Mouse is a little gem, it really is.

Firstly it is a brilliant price, then you just unpack it, plug it in and off you go.

The USB cable is nice and long - approx 56", so, if like me you have a desk top PC, there is plenty of length to have the mouse exactly where you want it. The Mouse is equally at home on a mouse mat or just on the desk - the performance is the same. My preference is to use a mouse mat - it is quieter, rather than scraping on the desk.

Little Mouse is not shiny cheap looking plastic, it has a matt peach skin type finish and is oh soooooooo comfortable. It is smaller than other mice I have used, so perhaps it is more suited to the ladies. As I am always late at night on the PC, the fact that it's 'click' is nice and quiet is another added bonus. This mouse is very sharp and responsive and needed no adjustment via the PC control panel. Just plug and play - perfect.

Excellent price, a great addition to my computer. Buy it and see for yourself - I love it! It is my super mighty mouse.

UPDATE - This little cheapo mouse is still going strong. Used every day and no problems with it at all. Sooooooooo good this is a mighty mouse
on 20 November 2012
Bought this mouse to replace one at work, it's a great little mouse, slightly smaller than the average which is great as I only have small hands. Plugged it in and worked straight off, feels 'soft' to the touch and is shaped to fit a small hand. The central roller button works well to allow scrolling up and down the page. Would definitley buy another one should the need arise.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 August 2013
My 6-year-old optical mouse suddenly became jittery so a replacement was needed. Lots of research seemed to point to the fact that this is an item where price is not a very good indicator of quality. In other words, you can spend a lot for a snazzy-looking mouse and still get a dud. Unless you are a serious gamer with specific needs, a simple 3-button optical mouse like this one will do the job to most people's satisfaction. I was impressed with the quality of other AmazonBasics items bought in the past, so decided to stay with a tried name. Installation was a breeze. I plugged it into an available USB port and my computer (running Vista) instantly loaded a driver and got it working.

The mouse is slightly smaller than my old one but I have quickly got used to it and it feels good and steady. Because of its curvature (higher at the back where your palm rests), it encourages a very light grip resulting in less fatigue, which is a big plus for me as I spend hours at my computer. My husband finds it perfect as well, despite having larger hands than mine, so the ergonomic shape seems very adaptable. It is very lightweight but sits well on a matching AmazonBasics Mouse Pad Black. The right and left buttons have a positive action and I find myself clicking down a little more slowly but with more determination. If you have ever accidentally double-clicked during an online purchase, you will know how annoying it is to have a too-strong springy action from your mouse. The middle scroll wheel works more smoothly than my old one. After 6 weeks of daily use, I am very happy with this purchase and I find the price ridiculously good.
on 28 June 2013
This is a bargain for the price. If you just want a mouse that does what a mouse should do This is the one for you. It has a good length of lead and as soon as I plugged it in it was recognised and was up and running. There are no frills and nothing you do not want in a basic mouse. well recommended.
on 3 December 2012
A good quality traditional three button mouse at an excellent price. Comfortable size and shape. Does everything you want a basic mouse to do
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There really shouldn't be anything to get excited about over a basic mouse, but this little mouse really is quite gorgeous.

Firstly, it is quite small at around 3/4s the size of a normal mouse. This would make it particularly suitable for keeping with and using with a a laptop. It would also be suitable for someone with smaller hands, even though I had no problems whatsoever using it myself and I have rather large hands. I've uploaded a picture of the mouse compared to a full size Razer Deathadder to give you some idea of its actual size.

Secondly, the finish is lovely. It is finished in a soft textured black coating very similar to my Razer Deathadder that I use as my main mouse. This makes it feel a lot more expensive than the actual price and gives a good non-slip grip in the hand.

Lastly, It just feels nice to use! Many cheap mice feel exactly that - cheap. This one doesn't. It tracks nicely and the buttons have a really nice action.

Overall: 5 stars without a doubt! I honestly don't think you will find a better mouse for the price.
review image
I bought this three years ago when it was almost half the price. But even at the current price, I would be more than happy to buy it again.
I use it virtually every day, and it's still almost as good as new.

I can't get on with the 'touch-pad' type mouse at all, and I can't get on with a 'ball' type mouse either. Give me the traditional style of mouse anyday.
I've used a traditional style, unwired, mouse and that was OK. But this wired mouse from Amazon (bless 'em) is the best of all for me.

It's very responsive in all the normal functions, it's not particularly large (yet quite large enough), and the feel of it, is both comfortable and robust.
I do use it with a mouse mat, but it seems to be just as happy without a mat.

I can well recommend.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.