on 15 March 2012
I try a lot of different varietals and blends in my Presso. This isn't the best I've had (Red Rock Espresso by Badger & Dodo) but it's a good second. Not the bean or roast that you would expect to make good expresso so a lovely surprise at the length and chocolate finish with a crema you could walk on. It's fair trade and organic too - a no brainer. Enjoy.
on 19 May 2013
My first foray into Ethiopian coffee which is Slightly chocolatey, full flavoured, medium roast & strength which I rate at around 3 - 4. those that prefer a stronger flavour would not, i feel, be disappointed. Highly recommended will buy again.
on 12 September 2014
It's half the price of Monmouth Coffee, or less, and it tastes like it is. I've now had i think 4 lots of this coffee, the quality varies from good to ok, a lot depends on exactly how fresh the roast is, which is a mystery. It's on the light side of medium bodied and quite fruity, slightly citrusy. Quite refreshing in it's own way. Sweetens very well.

It's an acceptable pour over, albeit sometimes only just, and it makes an nice light cold brew. I only buy these beans because paying £30+ a kg for really good freshly roasted beans is a bit out of my budget, given how much coffee i drink. On the plus side the traceability and ethics of this product are very good, ignoring the fact that Amazon are involved that is...
on 10 May 2015
I have used half of the kilo that I received 2 days earlier than I was expecting(thank you Amazon), many cups of coffee have been so far enjoyed. Compared to the last coffee we had, Spiller & Tait Signature Blend; the taste is quite exceptional. It has a nice citrus taste, not a bitter coffee taste I must add, that I have noticed when prepared in a french press or the espresso machine. Over all it has a pleasant tangy, tart and citrus taste which we all really enjoy...it is not bitter. Works best in a cappuccino or espresso(french press very good too).
It is certainly one of the better coffee's I have ever bought and I have only removed a star because there is roasted on date, I know it is not literally off the bush fresh to be honest. It is fair trade and organic though so I would recommend it, if not for the great taste; then at least the product which shows how it should be done.
Will buy again.
on 4 May 2015
If you have tried other Yirgacheffe coffee this really does not measure up. Very disappointed with this, took a punt on the strength of the positive reviews, now have a 1kg bag to get through.
Yirgacheffe is delicious, it should be all about the blueberry, floral, bergamont and lemon aromas, not about flat, insipid almost bitter coffee.
A very bland taste, if you make it stronger it just gets bitter, I have tried with aeropress and French press, both are very average.
A real shame, if you have tried proper Yirgacheffe from other artisan roasters give this a miss.
on 4 January 2012
All Suma's coffee is ethically sourced and most taste great but this one is my particular favourite. The variety of bean and the degree of roasting results in an ultra smooth experience, smooth - nice!
on 12 February 2014
I am used to drinking Eithiopian Sidamo from Sainsburys. I recently bught a coffee grinder and this seemed like the closest type of coffee to what I am used to. When used in a syphon vaccum coffee maker my visitors report it is "the best coffee" they have ever had. I am fairly sure this is the obligatory response after watching me hand grind the beans and then deal with the hassle of the syphon brewer! The fact that its organic and fair trade is an additional bonus. After using it for a few weeks I think i still perfer the reground coffee from the "Taste the difference range" but this comes a close second.
on 24 May 2014
as Ethiopian coffee is the original and plus organic and fairtrade I thought it is going to be the winner... it is good, very good. but not excellent. still would recommend it as much much better quality than any other burnt, bitter coffee sold in the UK.
on 15 December 2014
Ordered this in replacement for our usual beans - unfortunately this coffee is not to our taste - slghtly bitter with an aftertaste, but I am sure it is just a "personal like" thing! Replaced it with another coffee from Amazon.
on 21 April 2014
Coffee is an individual thing, Yirgacheffe is always described as 'fruity' because it is less bitter than many others. I love it, and only use other beans when I run out. Plus it's organic and fairtrade (this one tells you which co-operative group it comes from in Ethiopia) so you can feel good about supporting the farmers too...