on 24 September 2012
Bought these as a replacement to Babyliss Pro Ceramic Straightener and very pleased with my purchase!

The straighteners are VERY hot (although take about 40-60 seconds to reach maximum temperature), therefore turn the temp down a little on the first few occasions till you get used to them! They are lightweight, glide through the hair smoothly - no tugging - and the results are extremely impressive - on a par (or if not better) than my previously owned GHDs. Also has safety shut-off after 60 mins if you forget to switch them off. My hair used to "kink" a few hours after straightening but not with these ones - still poker straight 8 hrs later (and I've been out in the rain!).

Didn't know what to expect with these straighteners as they are so reasonably priced - would definitely recommend them - they're brilliant. Comes with a small heat pad and locking switch. Love this product!
0Comment|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2012
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Heats quickly, nice long plates, very long cable, straightens perfectly. And the bonus is the price. Why spend more when this does exactly the same as the more expensive models.
on 31 August 2013
I have really curly and frizzy hair and this is one of the only straightener I have used that has been able to keep my hair straight all day.
on 13 July 2012
Fantastic,quick, adjust the temp to minimum 10 to max 30. Good bargain and doesn't flat hair like ghds tend to do. Overall pleased with this product!!!!!
on 15 September 2013
Purchased this item a few days ago and am very pleased with it. The straightener is very small so it can easily be stored away. Because of its size it can also make curls. It straightens the hair very efficiently.
on 23 August 2012
I am a novice at hair straightening do didnt want to spend a fortune. These are good, light, curves to hold and have a temp control to minimise damage to hair.
on 10 September 2013
These are a bargain - they work brilliantly. First go this morning - curled my hair to perfection. Buy these they are amazing!
on 26 June 2015
Have just used these for the first time. They work brilliantly, couldn't be happier. Took me minutes to get my hair poker straight. I would just point out that I have pretty fine hair so I couldn't say how they would work on thick hair. These definitely work better than any I've owned before.
on 29 December 2015
A friend recommended these to me and I love them. They're a quality product for the price, I was shocked how nice they made my hair look. They're much better than my old straighteners as they have a heat control dial do you can change the heat inbetween 150-200 degrees. have a good swivel cord and only take 15 seconds to heat up. With a flashing light that tells you it's heating up. Once the light stops flashing they're ready to use. Very good for the price!
on 26 May 2016
I am visiting a friend whose hair straightener is nothing to write home about.

I wanted an affordable yet effective straightener as I have shoulder lenght afro thick hair. The straightener had a little protector for when its on, you can rest it on it rather than your table or whatever might be around you.

The straighter gets hot really quick and has a turn dial to increase or reduce the heat of the straightener, I didn't notice this when bying it as I prefer one with a temperature display. I quickly got a hang of how hot it gets and adjusted the dial according. I am about 4 months post relaxer which means my hairs new growth is thick, 1 slow pass of the straighter on medium to high got my hair straight!

I am also wearing extensions in my hair, it works really good on them as well. I can create waves, straighten my hair which lasts for hours without using any hair spray.