on 24 September 2012
Bought these as a replacement to Babyliss Pro Ceramic Straightener and very pleased with my purchase!

The straighteners are VERY hot (although take about 40-60 seconds to reach maximum temperature), therefore turn the temp down a little on the first few occasions till you get used to them! They are lightweight, glide through the hair smoothly - no tugging - and the results are extremely impressive - on a par (or if not better) than my previously owned GHDs. Also has safety shut-off after 60 mins if you forget to switch them off. My hair used to "kink" a few hours after straightening but not with these ones - still poker straight 8 hrs later (and I've been out in the rain!).

Didn't know what to expect with these straighteners as they are so reasonably priced - would definitely recommend them - they're brilliant. Comes with a small heat pad and locking switch. Love this product!
0Comment126 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2012
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Heats quickly, nice long plates, very long cable, straightens perfectly. And the bonus is the price. Why spend more when this does exactly the same as the more expensive models.
0Comment59 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2013
Purchased this item a few days ago and am very pleased with it. The straightener is very small so it can easily be stored away. Because of its size it can also make curls. It straightens the hair very efficiently.
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2013
I have really curly and frizzy hair and this is one of the only straightener I have used that has been able to keep my hair straight all day.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2012
Fantastic,quick, adjust the temp to minimum 10 to max 30. Good bargain and doesn't flat hair like ghds tend to do. Overall pleased with this product!!!!!
0Comment45 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
So impressed with these. I have owned GHD straighteners since I was a teen thinking that the more you pay the better you get but this is so not the case. I don't straighten my hair too often anyway and for £18 there are perfect. They heat up very quickly and they are everything a pair of expensive ones would be.
on 10 September 2013
These are a bargain - they work brilliantly. First go this morning - curled my hair to perfection. Buy these they are amazing!
on 1 January 2016
Excellent for the money. I've had these for a while now and they are great for many reasons:
They don't pull on your hair
They get very hot and so they straighten my extremely thick curly hair, but you can also adjust the temperature if you don't want it as hot, so it doesn't burn your hair. I actually keep the temperature in the middle of the choices to prevent burning.
They come with a heat proof mat so you don't burn the surface you rest them on
They don't take long to heat up, so you're not waiting around to use them
They have a clear indicator of when its on and it also flashes when it has heated up to the desired temperature.
My hair stayed straight even in situations when there was light rain.
Overall I am incredibly impressed with them and I hope they last a long time!
on 29 December 2015
My Ghds broke and I was looking for something in the mean time to replace them. My hair dresser told me as long as it heats up to 230 just get some Remmingtons they are just as good. So I checked the reviews and decided to go for these. They glide through my hair and both my daughters.(teenagers) Leaving it perfectly straight in no time. Just as good as the Ghds !! I paid £19.99 at the time for these and was over the moon with the results. I struggle with my grip so was happy this made effortless work of doing my hair ! Can reccomend to all. (Written by Mrs H)
on 11 January 2013
After having professional straighteners for about 5 years that worked fantastic on my long, wavy, coarse hair I was using babyliss ones that were rubbish. Anyway I finally had some money to be able to purchase some decent ones but then saw all the reviews on these and thought what the hell if they are rubbish I can always give them to my daughter to play with but after using them they are FANTASTIC and even better are cheap. These straightened my hair in half the time, it feels lovely no dryness, I was not even on the highest temperature and my hair is perfect. They are nice and light and thin and the swivel cord is great and they are lockable. I did purchase an extra heat mat/case but will not need it as there is a sufficient one that comes with the product. What can I say for a cheap product I would definitely recommend these.