Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 December 2011
How could you possibly have an ULTIMATE collection without WINDSONG and POEMS, PRAYERS and PROMISES. Very disappointing. My own fault for not checking the song list thoroughly.
on 15 September 2011
On first look of this track listing for this new compliation it all looks good however like one of the last reviewer said, tracks like Windsong are missing. Personally after such success of the Windsong album it should have been included here.
Nice to see the track Fly Away included...however no credit for Olivia Newton-John who provides heavenly vocals for the duet/backing vocals.

Lets hope the John Dever Tribute concert that took place in the USA is going to be available on DVD.

Nice greatest hits collection for the casual listener.
on 6 September 2011
not what i would call the "ultimate" collection. i would replace at least 5 of the tracks with others, Windsong & Cowboys Delight to name 2 that should be on it. still a good listen but let down on content.
on 23 December 2014
Why am I writing a review of a purchase that isn't due to arrive till tomorrow? Well, I've already listened to this album several times because it came with free auto-rip, so I could enjoy the contents immediately without waiting for the CD to be delivered before ripping them myself. And I really do love it! I've noticed that some reviewers have expressed disappointment that a few of their favourite tracks are missing here. It's a fair comment, but no compilation could hope to fully satisfy everyone. For example, I personally would have liked it to include For Baby (Bobbie) and Starwood in Aspen, so I simply downloaded those two "missing" tracks from Amazon's digital music store at 99p each, making my total spend just £5.97 - still a great bargain imo, especially since I wanted my music on my MP3 player anyway. The still shrink-wrapped CD will go under the Christmas tree as a bonus pressie for my Mum, a great fan of John Denver!!
on 26 May 2013
This is a collection of the best loved John Denver songs - and the 'classic' versions too! Not some of the remakes he made in later years that didn't reall work for a lot of us 'old Coloradans'.
on 21 April 2012
I bought this CD for my husband who is a Country music fan. He was delighted with it and has downloaded it onto his MP3 player so he can listen to it on the go. Most of John Denvers hits are on this CD so is an ideal choice for any fan.
on 9 October 2011
Just love this collection of songs. John Denvers voice is one of the best Country and Western. Annies Song, and Sunshine are my favourites.
on 9 January 2016
Download to my PC and a CD for the car all for £3 , what a bargain. John Denver may not be to everyone taste but if you have heard, and like a trak or two of his this is a god selection to widen your knowledge of his work. Gentle happy love songs, mostly.
on 11 September 2015
I really only bought the CD for an Uncle because it had 'Annie's song' and 'Take me Home, Country Roads' on it, but it really is quite a good album. The sound isn't the greatest but then I am a bit of a freak about music! Would I recommend it - Yes.
on 6 May 2015
LET'S BE HONEST HERE, JOHN DENVER HAS TO BE THE ' MOZART ' OF COUNTRY MUSIC. THE SONGS AND HIS HEARTFELT LYRICS AND HOW HE SINGS AND DESCRIBES HIS CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES, HIS LOVE AND CONECTION TO NATURE MAKES HIS MUSIC SOOO SPECIAL. FOR ALL YOU BUDDING COUNTRY MUSIC SINGERS HERE'S YOUR MASTER CLASS, LISTEN AND LEARN.