Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 29 November 2011
In a world where the British pop scene is littered with acts that either sound too mainstream European or too desperately like they want to be American and/or sellout to whatever is in musically at the moment, thank God for Olly Murs. Last year's self-titled debut album from the X Factor's Essex boy done good obviously struck a chord with the public when it surpassed the debut sales of his series' winner, Joe McElderry, and went on to reach #2 in the album chart, achieve double platinum sales and more recently, pick up a Radio 1 Teen Award for 'Album of the Year'.

A lot can happen in a year though, no less because of Olly now splitting his time between being a popstar and also a (wittily good) co-host of ITV2's sister show 'The Xtra Factor' with Caroline Flack at the weekends. And somehow, in amongst all the tours and other things he's done in 2011, he's found time to bring us his long awaited second album, the cheekily titled 'In Case You Didn't Know', and it's an album which, I am pleased to say, doesn't sound rushed as most second albums do bar the rare few that don't, and stands him in very good stead to be the first male solo act from a reality show to become as credible and go on for as long as Will Young has.

Whilst the first album took heed from the reggae/ska-pop feel of Madness and Lily Allen - such as on 'Please Don't Let Me Go' and 'Thinking Of Me' - Olly's said that the album takes him back more to the soulful sounds he was renowned for during his time on 'The X Factor' when we first saw him perform the Stevie Wonder classic 'Superstition'. Thus the results of this album are not only utterly winning, but don't take away from the happy, cheeky, uplifting feel to his songs and his lyrics (all of the songs here bar his 2nd number 1 from August, 'Heart Skips A Beat' were co-written by him) that make this universally enjoyable.

'Oh My Goodness' and current single 'Dance With Me Tonight' shuffle into the territories of Smokey and the Miracles-esque Motown and quirky 50's jive rock respectively, whilst 'I've Tried Everything' and 'I'm OK' are skiffly ventures into indie-pop that remind you of first album-era Jack Peñate, all whilst Olly sings with an undercut of melancholia about walking up Primrose Hill and chasing a sweetheart up the stairs of a double decker bus. Indeed, it's the contrast of the perky vs the glum that makes this album such a pleasure to listen to. But Olly shows another trick to his pack, on the album's two ballads 'This Song Is About You' and the closing number 'I Need You Now', as they really stretch and show off the white boy soul qualities in his voice, which has grown in depth since the last album.

Olly should be very proud of 'In Case You Didn't Know' - for once, along with Nicola Roberts' "Cinderella's Eyes", a British pop act has made an album this year that sounds so uniquely British and absolutely nailed it in the process. I wouldn't mind betting he'll be looking down the barrel of a quadruple platinum album by the time next summer rolls around.
on 7 March 2012
In case you didn't know is a fun upbeat album that won't fail to bring a smile to your face. It is the perfect follow up to his debut. It has a nice soul/pop feel. It defintely makes you think of summer romaances which is why I love it!
on 28 November 2011
... comparing to his first self-titled CD. Everybody heard "Heart Skips a Beat". Such a cool song, which I fell in love with immediately when I heard it on the radio for the first time. But it's not what this album is actualy about. Meanwhile the 2nd single "Dance with Me Tonight" tells you so much more about the mood of the album. "In Case..." has 60's stylised sound in which Olly feels very organic and comfortable, there is no (or almost no) autotune here. Cd's full of great fun tracks (like two first singles) and beautiful pathetic ballads (I Need You Now). Some songs, like the title track, "I Don't Love You Too" or "This Song Is About You" have great potential for becoming huge hits. Personally for me it will be a crime if "I'm OK" isn't released as a single. This song is literally screaming: "JUST PUT ME ON, LISTEN ONCE AND YOU'LL REALISE - I AM NUMBER ONE SONG, PEOPLE!!!".
overall, "In Case You Didn't Know" is a great pop album, which proves that Mr. Murs is here to stay. Didn't like his debut CD at all. Couldn't even listen to it from the beginning to the end. LOVE this one very-very much!!!
on 28 November 2011
Got my signed (yes, signed by him! :D) copy on Saturday and have been playing non stop ever since. Im positive some of the songs on it have to make number one!! Great upbeat songs that you'd expect from olly but in no way 'boring'! Love you OLLY! Thanks for another wonderful album :)
on 5 August 2012
Brilliant album... quite catchy Bought this before going to see Olly Live at
Edinburgh Castle.. absolutely fantastic Not a bad song on the album....
on 9 June 2013
Took me a while to become a fan of this Essex boy and I like to sing along to many of the tracks. Easy listening but if you want depth, this can provide it in a couple of songs. A good enough production, catchy enough to enjoy and I play it often enough to remember why I like it :-)
on 8 November 2012
I bought this music because from my first seeing Olly on X factor
I just love the song Dance with me tonight.
Which this collection of songs includes.
You also get a short video with Olly performing My heart skips a beat.
Very good value.
Sandy.
on 13 November 2012
in case you didnt know i love olly murs ! what a fantastic album this was amazing and lovely i love all ollys songs he is a musical genius bless him fun songs meaningful songs just lovely refreshing special wonderful music mr murs you rock ! 5 stars for you my dear
on 17 April 2013
This was on my niece's wishlist, and as it was recently her birthday, I thought I'd include this with her present. Needless to say she was delighted with this, so I can "I love it" on her behalf.
on 5 February 2012
I have one fault with this product, when it arrived i opened it to find a crack in the cd case on the front. i had to put it in another case so it didnt snap off. was quite disappointed as you pay for the case too. It was very packaged with a bubblewrap envolope so i couldnt understand why it was like that. But other then that excellent and arrived on time.