Coming in at under twenty quid, this Bluray box set of all 5 Fast & Furious films is a real steal. The transfer quality is great and all the films are top quality discs with loads of extras.

The films themselves are fast paced and fun fuelled, with stunts and set pieces that will blow you away. If you haven't seen these films, you really must.

It all starts with a simple formula: fast cars, fast women and lots of petrol driven fun but slowly the franchise evolves into something more. And by film number 5 you will be watching a heist film to rival anything else on the big screen.

For sheer fun and incredible mind blowing stunts you'd be hard pressed to find a film to better any one of the Fast & Furious films, and this box set is a great way to see them.

Here's my verdict on all 5 films:

Film 1: The Fast & The Furious - 5 stars.
I was fully expecting it to be rubbish but was won over by its energy and sheer entertainment factor.

Film 2: 2 Fast Too Furious - 4 stars.
Couldn't quite live up to the standards of the first film, but was good fun nonetheless, and by the end, I was in awe of the finalé. This is just a film of great set pieces on four wheels and all the stunt team have to be applauded.

Film 3: The Fast & The Furious Tokyo Drift - 4 stars.
The franchise shifts gear and changes scene, bringing us a film that looks great in a setting made for the Fast & Furious films. Not quite 5 stars, but immensely enjoyable all the same. And full marks for keeping the F&F films feeling fresh.

Film 4: Fast & Furious - 3 stars.
Trying to be something its not makes this by far the weakest film in my opinion. And overly-intricate story line means the film veers from the road of non-stop thrill and spills and great entertainment, getting bogged down with a confusing plot. Never gets out of second gear in my opinion.

Film 5: Fast & Furious 5 - 5 stars.
The franchise is back in the fast lane delivering a film that is truly mind blowing in every way. The setting is exotic and colourful, the story is excellent but not overly complicated like if film 4, and the scale and scope of the stunts ambitious.

Not many film franchises can claim to have 5 titles, let alone 5 titles of such quality. Most tend to go downhill, with films 2 & 3 being inferior to the first... in some ways, you could argue that these films get better every time! If there are any doubters out there (I myself used to be one), I say, pick up this box set and see all the films for yourself.
1010 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2011
First up, the movies are excellent - this review is just for those considering the packaging (which after all is why you would be looking at the special edition!)
The outer packaging is a strong plastic case that will protect the gem during transport & storage.
The wheel itself is beautiful - rubber type with tracks, and a shiny hub.
The back of the wheel is flat, so breaks the illusion slightly.

Opening the wheel however is why I've dropped this to 3 stars (again - not a fault of the movies, just the casing)
The wheel rotates half way down to open - this isn't immediately obvious and is quite resistent so you may not be certain how much pressure you want to apply.
Take care when it does open - the disks are loose inside on a non-locking spindle so are liable to jump out at you.

Getting to any disk requires removing all disks above it.

This case would have benefited from being slightly wider, with a removable insert that let you access each disk a little like a multi-DVD box.
66 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 June 2014
the fast & the furious movies are definitely my favourite, they not only are such good movies but they remind me of a lot of my memories as these movies just happened to be on at significant times in my life! such as the night I went into labour ha! Talk about fast & furious.
My favourite movie is number 5! This was when it took a bigger step into action which I loved!
Writing this after Paul walker passed away, I am so sad as he as an actor was my favourite and also my man crush so now watching the movies always makes me feel down compared to when I used to watch them.
on 13 November 2012
It seems most of the comments are regarding the packaging, and rightly so. What I expected was a 5 DVD box set, in individual cases with a cardboard outer case, as in the second image. What I received was all 5 DVDs inside one case, as in the first image.

This really should be clearer on the description. Since I bought this as a gift for someone else, I'm quite disappointed.
on 16 May 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present. It arrived within the delivery timescales and was well packaged. I thought just my sons would watch them but we have watched them as a family and we have all enjoyed the films. Well recommended for great (but unbelievable!) action. Loved it.
on 30 March 2016
brilliant series. romance, action, adventure, tension, brilliant characters that work well together and are totally believable. a collection of excellent actors and a good story line in each dvd. of course some of the stunts are totally ridiculous but that just makes for the film as we know it.
on 14 January 2016
A fantastic film series to purchase - fun filled and action packed.
The product was immaculately packaged and arrived on time.
The price was very competitive and the picture and sound quality of them was amazing.
Personally I wouldn't buy blue-Ray DVDs again because I don't feel like the extra money is worth it but the product was good quality.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 December 2013
The Fast and the Furious movies are glorious homages to fast cars and great stunts. The films also provide continuous action from start to finish. In generally the movies are remarkably good with interesting locations, great cars and terrific action sequences. Yes it is all a bit over the top, but that is part of the atraction of these movies. The only weak movie in the set in my view is Tokyo Drift, but this does not overly detract from the series. The blu ray edition provides crystal clear pictures and a great soundtrack as well as some good special features.

The only drawback is the packaging which is not great, as the DVDs are difficult to get in and out of the box. However, given the fantastic value the box set represents compared to buying the films individually, this is something I can personally live with.
on 25 August 2012
Having read the reviews here I have noticed that people are commenting on three different boxed versions of this film franchise released on Blu ray.
This box set comprises each of the five movies as single disc versions and all come in one box (not individual cases inside). There are also no digital copies / codes or bonus discs.
The information provided with this set is very sparse, and it does not list the special features or extras included with this release.
Personally I am very disappointed with the packaging on this box set, but feel the price I paid in the sale makes up for this enough.
Ok..Ok...I know this series of films is a bit cheesy...BUT... fast cars..fast women and a fantastic sound is what these Blu rays will deliver... Just listen to any of the opening sequences and they will rock your ears till they bleed... With Fast and Furious 6 just being released soon this will be a great set of discs to own..sit down.. and just chill out and admire the cars...Yes there is a story line throughout the whole set of discs albeit it a bit shallow...Just don't take it too seriously and you'll enjoy these through a good sound surround system...Deep bass.. swirling stereo and loud engine noises...what more can a petrol head want...Enjoy.!!!