Size: 750 MLColour Name: Smooth Dark GreenChange

on 16 July 2013
did a great job on my old garden table brought it up like new can't believe it! Would gladly recommend.
on 2 August 2010
Used for reasonably bad rusted hinges. After only light sandpapering went on like a dream with only one coat required
on 9 September 2013
Arrived promptly and Hammerite was a good as always. The price was the best we could find on the net and we will definitely use you guys again. Thank you AAA+++
on 29 September 2012
Hammerite paints have been a god send as my metal wall art in the garden was looking very tired,we discovered this metal paint earlier this year and found it a great way to protect our metals in the garden,plus it has the added bonus of keeping rust at bay so our metal wall art will last so much longer.
Its easy to use and the 250 ml can will last at least 3 seasons,we are impressed with the range of colours too so much so i've purchased extra so we will never run our.
brilliant paint for your garden,garage metals.
on 20 October 2013
I swear by Hammerite paints and this is great as usual. This can covered a couple of double gates as well as a single garden gate, without any problem after I'd scrubbed them with a wire brush. As long as loose bits are taken odd the surface, this stuff can go on no problem.

I was really surprised it was cheaper to buy on Amazon than in the shops, even with delivery to think about.
on 5 May 2012
I boght this paint some time ago and have used it successfully on rusty sections of the frame underneath a car trailer. The paint is stiffish but easy to apply. The finnish of the painted area looks really good now almost new. I have no hesitation in recommending this product.
on 18 September 2015
This 'stuff' is not user friendly, in fact it is your enemy. Do a many hour sanding job, and then start shoveling this tar around. A smooth finish is impossible. Then sand , and try with slight thinners , runs everywhere. Brush strokes impossible to avoid as paint will skim over in twenty second. Give up. Try a sand down again. You cant. Although a touch drying time is achieved in 24 hours, leave for a week before you can sand without the whole adhesion to the metal being destroyed. Second time I have used this stuff over the last two years and I had forgotten the original difficulties. I am 70 plus ex paint technologist, thixotropic it may be , but I know what paint should do.
You put it down to your own inabilities, but it's not. This 'paint' is being sold by reputation because of the original 'Finnigans formulae" but is now absolute rubbish . I question other 'satisfied' users. Maybe they are 'Tarmac men'. ?
There are other paints. Statistically, you will find better than this *!*!.
It will destroy all of your hard work. There are better user friendly
on 20 September 2014
Bought this for painting a garage door and one 750ml tin is enough to cover the whole door with approx 1/3rd tin left over. Excellent coverage - even though it's white just one coat seems to manage to cover well and doesn't seem to show any of the imperfections / metal underneath. Very quick drying - on a grey overcast day it was touch dry in approx 1 hour and totally dry in just a couple of hours. Only real problem is that you need the special Hamerite thinners to clean your brush afterwards - and that is stupidly expensive.... so it's actually cheaper just to throw away the brush afterwards and buy a new brush for the next job!
on 12 June 2013
Nice colour for my garden furniture but cellulose thinners required for brush cleaning which is both messy to use and expensive to buy
on 13 July 2014
Has produced some adverse reactions to other paints and primers, when it works seems to do the job but would not buy again

See one answered question