Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Size: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SD Card USB AdapterChange

on 1 October 2012
Before buying this product I used a flexible rubber bluetooth keyboard, it didn't hold it's charge and was not very responsive
I had looked around for a long time at different cases / keyboards until this caught my eye, it looked simple yet stylish and looked like it would complement my tablet which lives by my side most of the day
When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised by it looks, the brushed metal finish looks very smart, definitely NOT out of place on my desk at work, the keyboard is nicely spaced and the keys require just enough effort for you to know that they are working properly, my only gripe here is the left and right cursor buttons seem to over-react and you sometimes jump past where you want to be, not enough of an issue to mark it down
The keyboard connected to my tablet almost instantly and has not yet dropped the connection. I have not counted the hours of use but it takes some serious time to wear down the charge on the keyboard and as it starts to drain you get a noticeable drop in responsiveness, so just charge it back up (which doesn't take long via a USB)
The tablet is secure in the holding tray with substantial enough support to enable me to put the tablet vertically whilst reading without any stability concerns
Only thing I would change is to add a delete button to make life easier when working with word documents

All in all a great product and highly recommended

PS forgot to say, the tablet clips securely into the keyboard surround and is very secure
on 22 August 2012
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110

This arrived within 1 day in a massive cardboard box, 90% filled with crumpled paper.

The unit itself looks good and feels well made. It has a Lithium battery which is charged with a supplied lead (normal USB to micro USB)using the galxy tablet. The tablet sits sideways and fits perfectly. There is a small stand under the back of the keyboard which helps to stabilise it. It communicates via Bluetooth so can be used with the tablet attached to the keyboard or separate.

The battery was partly charged when delivered and following the simple instructions it was paired to the tablet in a few seconds and once paired is recognised each time.

The keys feel good and operate some of the tablet's functions. When not in use the keyboard clips over the face of the tablet to give it protection during transit.

A well thought out and wel made piece of kit
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 26 July 2011
The Galaxy Tab USB adaptor is small - about 25mm x 40mm - with a Galaxy Tab connector on one end and a USB A socket on the other. I've tried the adaptor with USB memory sticks, mice, and a keyboard - all worked except for the keyboard which the Galaxy Tab reports as a high power device.

Plugging a mouse in causes a mouse pointer to appear on the screen - and from that point on its just like using a mouse on a regular computer. You'll probably want your tablet in a stand for this - either the tablet is (nearly) flat on a table or your knees right in front of you for touch use, or it is on a stand so that there is space in front to use a mouse. I use a Griffin A-Frame which is designed for the iPad but works just fine for the Galaxy Tab in Portrait or Landscape, even with the USB lead connected.

Plugging in a USB memory stick causes the stick to be mounted on the tablet's file system. The Galaxy Tab reports the connection and leaves a USB symbol in the lower-right corner of the screen. To unmount the memory stick you must touch this symbol and then click on the pop-up. Once the memory stick is unmounted you get a message telling you that it is safe to remove it. While mounted you can browse the contents with applications like AndExplorer or FileExport. If you put media on the memory stick then the media scanner will (eventually) pick it up and make it available to the appropriate media player applications.

Note that the USB socket is very stiff, so I recommend you remove the adaptor from the tablet before plugging in or removing anything from the socket.

The only disadvantage with this is that there is no way to supply power for high power USB devices, which in turn severely restricts what you can connect. It may be possible to plug in a powered USB hub and then plug high-power devices into that, but I've not tried this and of course you won't want to lug a powered USB hub around with you. A solution that allowed you to use the Galaxy Tab's own charger would have ben really neat - and for that reason I'm only giving four stars.
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2012
Recieved today and tested very quickly. Thus far, I found them to be very simple to use and all tests I have tried work fine.

I am able to insert a variety of sizes of SD Card and access the photos I took on my digital camera quite easily. I was able to copy some from the SD card to the tablet and vice versa.

The USB connector has also worked fine with my 32gb USB key and I was also able to transfer files to and from this. I have also connected successfully to my (powered) USB hard disk. Only comment to echo others is the USB slot is pretty tight so it's easier to connect your device before you connect to the tablet.

Things I still plan to do is see how easily I can match a movie file directly from both an SD card and a USB key but even if this doesn't work, it would still be a simple matter to copy directly to the tablet and view from them.

Overall, it's given me the additional flexibility I wanted from the tablet so I can recommend the device.

Should I find any downsides, I will post again later.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This keyboard case is unlike others I’ve come across. It essence it comes in three parts - a back black leather-like cover, a carry bag, and a detachable keyboard and stand which attaches to the back cover via a strong magnet. The design offers a good degree of flexibility. It you want to fully protect your iPad and keyboard you place it in the cary bag, if you want to use the keyboard with the iPad, or indeed use it as a stand on a desk, this works well. If you don’t want to use the keyboard you can detach it by pulling it away from the magnetic holder and carry the iPad around whilst still protecting the rear of the iPad.

The keyboard itself is recessed and makes full use length-wise of the space available. Keys are responsive with some dedicated to iPad functions. The keyboard connects to the iPad via bluetooth which is easy to do, and is recharged via a micro-USB.

All good, so why have I dropped one star? Well I think Sharon make a better, and lighter option with their Sharon Ultrathin Aluminium Cover Case with QWERTY Keyboard, also available on Amazon. The keyboard I’m reviewing here is a bit heavier and the use of black plastic means it’s not as stylish. Moreover, because the base of the keyboard is made of aluminium it is liable to scratching so you really need to use the carry case to get full protection for your iPad and keyboard.

Overall a good product, but in my opinion the manufacturer makes a better product.
on 1 September 2012
This keyboard (upon which I type this review!) is excellent. Very good quality, nice looking, and easy to use. As a bonus, it protects my screen (but conveniently leaves space to plug in the charger or headphones, or to use the on/off and volume buttons!), so even when I don't intend to use it to type on, I don't go anywhere without it. Cannot recommend it more, and really cannot understand why the alternatives from other brands seem so much more expensive.
on 2 December 2011
Can now do all the things I wanted to do with the Galaxy Tab but thought were not possible. Fits into the charging socket of the tab and means I can now transfer SD card info both ways and attach USB devices using the two different adapters in this pack.
on 15 October 2012
The keyboard/case was purchased for use with a Galaxy Tab 2 and I was a little worried as all of the photographs showed it with the previous model, although the description mentioned the Tab2. I am plesed to report that it works perfctlly with the Tab 2.

IT is everything you need in a BT keyboard and screen cover for the Tab. Considering the price it is good value and seems to be well made. It has many good features including dedicated HOME and RETURN keys. The provision of four arrow keys make editing text so much easier than usung the on screen touch system and justifys the purchase on this point alone. Aditionally, not having the scteen keyboard taking up valuable screen space when writing/filling fields is an additional plus.

So it almost gets 5 stars. There are only three aspects of the product that are not up to par.

1. There seems to be a conflict between the SHIFT key and the Android operating system. Android tends to capitalise the first letter after a full stop. If you start a sentance by using SHIFT then the first letter, the second letter is also shifted. (See IT in the paragraph above, and doubtless some examples to follow!)
2. Although it is described as a UK layout keyboard there is no £ key. YOu can get around this by reverting to the on screen keyboard, but this would be tedious if you use the sign repeatedly. It is five touches. Additionally the quote symbol is on the key but results in the @ sign on the screen. If you type e-mail addresses a lot this would be counted as a plus point.
3. The physical design of the keyboard make pressing the space key with your thumb a little difficult.

IF you want a BT keyboard and screen cover, at a good price, that works as described and you are not an accountant (no £ sign), I recomend that you buy one.
on 20 September 2012
Took a chance on buying these for my Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0 and happy to confirm that both adaptors work fine. Don't know why Samsung didn't include USB and SD card reader as standard though.
Hope this helps other potential buyers.
Quick delivery too.
on 30 December 2011
At last some stuff to add space to your 10.1 Tab, although I cant understand why Samsung left out the sd card slot, still these little gadgets work great, add up to 32 Gig storage SD card, or USP stick I have to say it makes all the difference having all that extra storage, and not having to buy a bigger tab each time you need more storage, like you have to do with iPad, once you have a 16Gig iPad you are stuck with it, or buy a new bigger iPad.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse