Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£5.99

VINE VOICEon 20 June 2011
Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but there's yet another CD doing the rounds, made up of the material that Deep Purple recorded during their brief tenure on RCA. I couldn't even begin to add up the number of compilation albums made up of this music, from "Purplexed" onwards. This one, however, is one of the shoddiest.

it's up there with the "Steel Box" collection, lacking anything remotely resembling information about where and where it came for. It does, however, have a couple of misleading paragraphs that might make you thing you're getting early versions of 'Smoke On The Water', 'Highway Star' and 'Child In Time', the cannily placed first three tunes here.

However, it gets bonus points for some Joe Lynn Turner tunes, but then loses a point for the brass neck of the sleeve designers bagging a credit! For shame. Oh, and Amazon are calling this "Collections" to differentiate it from all the other DP albums called "The Collection". Still, to kill a hour, a good bagsy.
on 26 June 2011
Amongst the myriad of DP comps is this. Not a bad compilation by any means and a bit different than the usual tracklist.

Five of the songs are live, presumably with Morse on guitar as they are dated '94. Makes a change from Blackmore. The slow guitar intro to 'smoke' is ace. The rest of the collection is from their later albums.

Overall, this collection is a bit different and enjoyable. Worth your cash.
on 27 February 2009
It's a new and great collection of songs of Deep Purple. I've got many recopilation cds of the Best Band in the World, and I never think I waste my money when I buy a new cd of the group, because I love them.
on 6 February 2013
Loved this group when I was a teenager and have been collecting there albums every since some great tracks love them
on 17 May 2013
A1, Dynamic, A 1 1, Just LISTEN, HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY, ROCK MUSIC at its BEST just listen and be BLOWN away
on 16 September 2015
Good selection of tracks nice album