Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I must say up front, I am a very `hirsute' man. I need to have my back waxed in order to not frighten people when I go swimming, or attract the unwarranted attention of `game keepers'. So I am always in the market for `hair control products'.

So when this new Phillips shaver was offered I jumped at it, and eagerly awaited the postman (he's a bit on the furry side too). I then gave it a full eight hour charge and gave it the weekend test. That is I don't shave at weekends so by Monday morning I have some very thick designer stubble indeed. This shaver really struggled, it missed bits and started to rasp my skin, so in the end I gave up and finished myself off. That is with a `wet' shave.

Undaunted I returned the following day for a more reasonable one day growth. It faired much better, but still missed parts. There is also no clipper attachment for trimming side burns or moustaches; it is fitted to the next two models up, so Phillips must appreciate the usefulness of this attachment.

On the plus side, it has a very easy to follow users guide that is all in pictures, so can be understood by virtually anyone. It is really light, much more so than any previous electric shaver, that I have owned, and the floating heads are very flexible. However, it literally could not cut it with me. If you are one of the lucky types who has thinnish hair, (or the `bum fluff' as we used to call it) then this might be for you, if you are a man for whom hair is a daily torment, then probably best to stick to cold steel; or warm it under a hot tap. It does hold its charge for quite a while though.
on 28 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The fact that this little beauty gives you the opportunity to shave where you like when you like is what i wanted, the only thing that you need a mirror for is when your nearing your sideburns and dont want to shave radial patterns into your normal appearance...

It gets fairly close once you realize that you need to move the shaver not too fast in radial circles around the face instead of straight lines (yes this makes all the difference), I would use this as a between wet shaves for instance running late in the morning and you don't want to look too scruffy at work then using this as your getting ready is ideal.

It doesn't get as close as I'd like on the neck but in fairness takes my mach 3 a little effort sometimes, its fairly quiet compared to old philishaves and switches on and off at a simple button push which doesn't take brute force to use.

Cleaning is a breeze, simply flip the lid upwards and run under a tap - the water washes all the dry skin and beard hair out in seconds. So why not 4 stars? I think it could shave better in some areas than it already does and be nice to get an adapter for those of us that don't have a shaver socket in the bathroom.
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I passed this on to my husband to review. He found it a comfortable shape to hold and giving a shave comparable to the other electric shavers he has used. He found cleaning it easy and the charger gives a good few days worth of power. However, he likes the flat electric shavers with a foil head so he didn't want to keep this permanently.
Enter the son (13) but nearly 6 foot. He had begun to wear as fine a set of sideburns as a Dickens character so it was time to introduce him to the joys of shaving daily and this shaver proved perfect for that. It cuts close enough that a daily shave isn't necessary, it hasn't irritated his skin because it doesn't pull or scrape his skin and he finds the size and shape comfortable and controllable. Now if only I can get him to use after shave, my house will smell better and be less hairy.
VINE VOICEon 6 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I recently tried another Phillips electric shaver (The Power Touch 860) which was the first electric shaver I had obtained in 15 years. In contrast to my old shaver-another Phillips) this was a real step up. Now comes the 730 which is not discernably different from the 860.The same triple head and cut and lift technology.Rechargable so you can wander around getting your morning act together without being rooted to the spot with a corded shaver. Light and quiet. A great little shaver which given Phillips unrivalled lead in this field should last you a lifetime!
on 27 July 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Philips advertises this product as `The Fastest Way Through Your Morning Routine' and I think this fairly describes what you get for your money.

No nonsense. Just turn on shave, rinse and get on with the rest of the day.

I liked the shape, it fitted the hand well, wasn't at all heavy, making it easy to manoeuvre and reach all areas that needed shaving.

When finished, simply flick the catch, shake the contents out and run it under the tap for a few seconds. In fact I only felt it was necessary to clean it every three days.

I have been using the shaver daily for over three weeks and it is only now that the indicator light is glowing orange to remind me to re-charge it.

Simple and straightforward with all the reliability you expect from Philips.

And it provides a good shave, day after day after day.
on 10 May 2014
I got an email from Philips saying that on it's own website it had a discount on a number of it's own brand products.

I did a quick price comparison on the shaver because I realised I needed one.

I could see on Amazon it was cheaper still, so I bought it here.

The shaver gives me a good shave although I feel I have to make several passes at a part of my beard to cut the hair away. Given I was buying one of the cheaper ended shavers I cannot complain.

It does the job and for a future purchase I would probably go for it's bigger brother.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2014
I've always used a phillishave - they work for me.

I feel that choosing one of these is a bit like choosing wine from a restaurant list - you know you don't need to spend £130 but worry about buying the cheapest so as ever I picked a mid-range at a discount.

It cuts close, it's not noisy, charge seems to last ok. The price didn't make my eyes water. Would have liked a trimmer but I can cope.
on 5 February 2014
Good value for money. I have been a user of Philips shavers for many years. However, after about 18 months it has seemed to take longer to get a decent shave, which I don't recall being the case with my previous Philips razor.
on 14 June 2015
I have used Philips shavers (both mains and travel) since 1955 when in the RAF in Germany and have always been very satisfied with their performance. This latest one is no exception and is giving good service but it is a shame that, in order to keep the price down, the company cannot include a decent box for their products nowadays instead of a soft plastic pouch.
on 21 December 2013
good shaver only could be better if it had a trimmer like you get on cheaper models. Shaves very good and the battery holds it charge well. Good shape to hold in your hand and glides over your face.