on 6 January 2014
Our 2 year old son absolutely loves to play with this toy, and it makes bath time a truly great time for him (and his dad).
There seem to be a lot of negative reviews on amazon, but I haven't experienced any problems. However, you'll need to push the boat underwater to fill the bottom part with water. If you don't do this the boat will not stay afloat and the canon won't work either. So maybe that's where other reviewers have gone wrong? (as it doesn't state this in any instructions.) If you use the canon, you may have to repeat the process to refill the boat with water in order to keep it afloat.
As long as the boat is filled with water, it floats with no problems and our son loves squirting the water from the different canons! Lots of fun and good quality.
on 12 January 2012
This is fun my son likes it but the water cannon on the front is rubbish, it's doesn't squirt out like the pictures show, the added bonus is the pirate looks like my husband, lol!!!
on 16 July 2013
Looked long and hard for a pirate ship for my baby to play with in the bath. This one is rubbish. The dingy doesn't stay afloat when you put the pirate in it and the canon DOES NOT FIRE WATER!! Do not believe the description or the pictures it is all lies the canon will not fire water, I have tried lots of times.
on 17 July 2013
I can't have read previous reviews when I bought this because it is really disappointing. It's cute and colourful but the water cannon doesn't work, the pirate doesn't do anything so it's only the octopus that spouts water and that's more like a dribble. Even my son had a good look at it and then looked at me as if to say 'but what does it do?'
on 2 March 2014
A nice looking toy but not easy to use. Difficult to stay afloat whilst playing with the functions. Will just about stay upright if you just look at it and do not disturb the water.
on 4 March 2014
I bought this for my 2 year old grandson and he loves it.

Well made, colourful and fun makes for an enjoyable bath time!

Would highly recommend it.
on 17 July 2014
My son loves it, but it is rubbish, doesn't float upright, nor does the little boat.
on 16 January 2016
This toy is not bad but a few things let it down; firstly, as other reviews have pointed out, the canon at the front does not squirt water..at all! Also, the ship itself as well as the separate dingy both capsize constantly. This is very frustrating for the children who want to see their toy boat float In the bath!!!
on 19 January 2012
It was a gift to my 18 months old son. I would say it is ok. The octopus head squirts a water well, but the water cannon on the front doesn't squirt out like on the picture. I'm not impressed with it - not a great value for the money, but my boy likes it and this is the most important for me...so it is OK.
on 1 March 2013
Thats about all I can say really. Front cannon is total rubbish and the other one just about manages to do a little spurt! The ship does manage to stay afloat most of the time, whilst the little boat capsizes if you put the pirate in it. Pretty poor design all told but hey it does have a blue octopus!