Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour Name: BlackChange

on 11 May 2012
It seems from reading the reviews on this product you are either going to get a chair that works as a chair should, or one that is so utterly useless that its only use might be as bonfire fuel or for clubbing invasive rodents; there does not seem to be any middle ground between these to antithetical extremes, somewhat like American politics. As it happens, mine fell into the first camp, i.e. it works, which might be because I put it together properly, or I was just lucky. Either way, I've been sitting on it for several weeks now, and it hasn't collapsed (188 cms tall, 90 kgs weight), it still goes up and down, and my only gripe (unfairly as I should have read the product details a little more closely) is that you can't pivot the back. The quality is pretty much what one might expect for the price, and it does everything a chair should. I think that, if like me, you are scouring these reviews, becoming increasingly frustrated at the divergent opinions, and umming and erring as to whether or not it is worth making the purchase, then you should do as I did: 1) Can I afford to get another chair if this one ends up in the rodent clubbing bracket and I have to return it?; and 2) Can I trust that people are much more likely to post negative reviews than positive reviews, so the product is probably much more likely to work than not? If you answer Yes to both those questions, then you should probably go ahead and buy the chair.

UPDATE: 2 years and 3 months after purchase this chair now resides in my bin. After a year, one of the sockets in which the wheels are locked broke, probably because they are made of plastic and the wheel spindle is metal. Another shortly followed and then another, but I was able to repair all of them and they continued to function to a reasonable if somewhat limited level, i.e, the wheels didn't move or spin very freely. These problems I could cope with, but then the base plate (the metal plate that binds the base to the chair seat) broke. This happened shortly after I had purchased a new desk and had to raise the seat to its highest setting. At first it was fine, it held stable and no sinking occurred, but after a month I noticed it had developed a slight left-right wobble, and over time, this got worse, and eventually the stresses were too much and the base plate broke. Of interest to some, on attempting to find a replacement for the base plate so that I didn't have to go and buy a whole new chair, I found the standard size (space between the holes) is 150 mm x 255 mm. The base plate on this chair is 150 mm x 180 mm (give or take a few mm) which might explain why it broke, though I'll leave that to a physicist to explain. Anyway, the point is, I couldn't replace the base plate, so had to buy a new chair. (I should point out you can drill new holes and affix the bigger base plate if so inclined.) Other issues concern the screws that hold the base plate on loosening over time, but this is understandable really and required very little time and effort to remedy. So, all in all, a good price for a chair, but has issues and should have lasted me more than 27 months. Make of it what you will, I am a bigger than average human being so perhaps for more normally-sized folk these issues will not occur, or perhaps I am just a very vigorous sitter.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2013
I bought this product 2 academic years ago now, and it has lasted me absolutely fantastically. I've had no faults or issues with it over the whole time of owning it (with exception of the little plastic pits that go over the screws popping out but that's hardly a concern).

I'm 6ft 3" and weigh 15 stone, so am quite a large chap but have had no issues with the size of it or it breaking due to my weight. I sit in the chair for up to 10 hours+ a day and never find myself uncomfortable, even with my back problems that I have.

I'd say its absolutely perfect for university students as the chair isn't too big and hence can fit into most cramped university rooms.

For anyone else I'd say its a perfectly fine chair and is fit for purpose, but if you're a professional and can afford a chair that's three times as much (as some of the 1 star raters have said they're going to go and buy) then I wouldn't say this is THE most comfortable chair so don't bother wasting you're money if you want an incredibly well-padded leather chair as it won't satisfy you. But then for £30 what do you expect?
on 27 July 2011
I bought this even though there had been some bad reviews and was pleased that the chair turned up quickly, I was able to put it together in under 10 minutes, with no problems and that this is one of the most comfortable office chairs I've ever owned. I have back problems and this chair supports me perfectly. The quality and finish of the item are extremely good. I would definitely recomend this item.
on 17 August 2011
An excellent purchase
I am glad to say that the chair arrived the day after I ordered it, and that whilst my wife was at work I was able to assemble it and replace the other swivel chair that she had. When she came home from work she was delighted to see the new chair and has remarked on several occasions how her back has stopped hurting because of the support in the back of the chair.
I would recommend this chair to anyone who suffers with back pain.
on 23 August 2011
Very comfy, sturdy and luxurious. Love it, very cheap too. Fully reccomend this chair to anyone on a budget. Easy to set up and brilliant gas operated height changer.
on 24 July 2011
This product represents excellent value for money. It was easy to assemble and looks just as good as a more expensive chair. It's very comfortable,feels solid, the height can be altered and there is a lumber support to ensure good posture. Arm rests and leather faced, it is highly recommended
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2011
This chair was easy to assemble and it looks great and feels sturdy.
Let's see how long it will last.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2012
I purchased the Eliza Tinsley 2014MB/LBK Medium Back Leather Faced Armchair - Black. As soon as I assembled it the seat sank as the gas strut wasn't capable of supporting an average sized adult. I asked for a another one to be sent to me. The new one did exactly the same so I requested a refund.
I then bought a similar seat from Sainsbury's which has been perfect.

Don't buy this product.
on 18 November 2011
I can't understand how such a quality item can be sold for so little money! It arrived today (very quick postage) and the moment I had put it together and tried it out I just had to dump my old P.C; chair. It's just sooooooooooooooooo comfortable. Great value for money, great quality and such comfort. Anyone considering buying one of these chairs, don't hesitate, GET ONE NOW, you won't regret it.
on 14 October 2011
I've had this chair for just over a week now, and I am pleased because it doesn't take up a lot of room and it doesn't 'wobble' as one reviewer put it.
The chair is lightweight, easy to assemble, has a small foot print but of good size for most posteriors.

Would I recommend it? Sure... for the price it's comfortable!