Format: DVD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 November 2011
I really like this series, because it isn't your regular Glee meets Housewives does Jersey Shore and creates CSI kind of thing. It is gritty, harsh and realistic. Even though it depicts the fictitious motorcycle gang Samcro, it is a eye opening study of gangs like the Hells Angels. How crime is a part of their double lives, as they cope with the walking the plank lifestyle they have chosen. The live it because they believe in the code. It is interesting to see how the discrimination of both gender and race is embedded into their infrastructure, even if not all members believe each rule is valid. Truly a commendable watch and worth an Emmy or ten.
on 14 April 2012
This is probably among the best three shows I've watched in the last 5 years.

I can find no proper words to describe how brilliant this show is. After watching the whole three seasons in a week or two I had to get my hands on the fourth (need to buy the Blu-ray once available).. And now already waiting for season five. There is definitely enough action to keep you entertained and it certainly never got boring for me and my wife. Maybe there was a moment in the second half of first season where I felt the action stopped for a bit but it was still great entertainment.. then again my wife had no such problem :D

This was the first show, for me, that sported a slightly different approach to subtitles as the text was overlaid on top of actual persons speaking. I found that slightly odd at first but after maybe half an hour it was simply perfect. I don't really need the subtitles but sometimes it's nice to have them with lower sound volumes.. simply awesome!

Extras here were a welcomed addition, I usually don't watch them much but now there was also some for me. As the cast is really unbelievable you feel like you want to get to know them better. The extras should be enough to satisfy any fan :) At first the extras at the end of season three made me skip them because those seemed to be spoilers for season four... but after starting watching season four I realized the extras were only to fill some gaps.. so you can safely watch all the extras ;)

The downside of this awesomeness is the simple fact that any other show or movie feels absolutely boring afterwards. I'm actually not really watching some shows I previously found enticing. Regardless giving this a full fiver ;>>
on 27 October 2011
In the town of Charming, california, the motorcycle gang Sons of Anarchy go about their daily business of illegal gun sales. The sheriff and townspeople conveniently look the other way since the bikers protect the town from other criminals. This of course takes some effort, and alliances and confrontations with other criminal enterprises, both blue and white collar are part of a days work. Adding to this is dealing with local corruption, acting as viïgilantees and avoiding the federal authorities. Inside the gang personal problems and relationships between the members and their families play an important part. The plots and stories are good, exciting and interesting and the various characters be they bikers, local cops, feds or other biker gangs, meth dealers, white supremacists, chinese triads or the real ira! certainly stir things up. As for the actors, Katey Sagal is great as Gemma morrow and Ron Perlman is great as Clay Morrow, the club president. Charlie Hunnam and Kim Coates are equally superb in their roles as vice president and sgt. at arms.
As guest stars Ally Walker brings a stunning performance as a ruthless atf-agent and Adam Arkin as a white supremacist and fbi informant posing as a respectable businessman is worth every penny of this series. The Sons of Anarchy is one of the best series i have ever seen and i cant wait to get my hands on season 4 when its released - it wont be a moment to soon.
on 10 March 2014
One of my favourite shows ever. Its action packed, funny and heartfelt. I cant praise Sons of Anarchy enough! Brilliant!
on 5 October 2014
a fantastic series, up there with the wire, boardwalk empire and breaking bad... quality tv
on 25 October 2011
The Sons of Anarchy is the best Bad Ass Biker Series ever ,First the technical details First class High Def picture close to referance crisp clear sound DTS HD master audio 5.1 And to answer the question from the other rewiewer There are english subtitles on all three seasons and better than the standard because they are intended for the hard of hearing EG precise and actor related, it is easy to watch the action and read at the same time ' I give this 5 stars . Hard action, great dialog praise to the script writers and perfect music in-between ,passes well to the Action emotion and scene . In short if you like Bikes Hard action Guns Drugs Sex Bad Ass Angels ,and the toughest bunch of guys and girls you have ever seen .This is for you Have Fun.
on 19 January 2012
i had actuly seen all these episodes before buying this boxset but as season three had just finnished on tv i decided it was so good i wanted to go back to the start and relive it all again and as it was rumord that season four had been dropped i thought it might be a while till i saw it again (cudnt belive it had been dropped) then surprize surprize around three months later season four has appeerd 10pm on 5usa wednesday nite!!!!!!!!! saw a quote the other day that i thought sums up the sons of anarchy quite well (the sopranos on bikes)great carictors/actors and story lines plenty of violance sex and bikes.buy it
on 5 January 2012
I came to Sons of Anarchy after a friend of mine told me he thought I would like it due to the fact that I enjoyed The Sopranos, and he was right. I have got brough the first season of SOA and can't wait to start on the second. The three volumes come in a flimsy outer packaging and each contain about 4 DVDs with about 3 episodes on each disk.

The acting is superb and the storyline is great. Watching the SOA go about their business whilst avoiding the authorities and rival gangs, yet looking after their families and club members is engrossing.

I'd recommend it to those of you who like The Sopranos.
on 19 October 2013
This is a great series. Story lines are gripping, characters believable.
Impossible just to watch one episode - make sure you've a couple of hours before you start to watch.
on 28 September 2013
Got into sons a few years back and we just had to buy this when we saw it advertised for a very low price on hduk which is a deal finding website. id mentioned the very very low price to my hubby and the fact that it was blue ray. he wasted no time in asking me to purchase it. however when i brought up the item to pay for it i found it to be cheaper!!!!! In these times of financial difficulty its lovely to be able to purchase something so engrossing and such a favorable price.
the show has you hooked from the word go.....